Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Most of the commercial construction supply houses that cater to pros only are a clusterfuck. Yes, they will load it for you, but there are lines and congestion and even humans have a hard time navigating in and out of those places. This would only work if they dedicate a robo line. Highly unlikely in our lifetime.
Another reason why it makes most sense IMO for it to be the companies delivery service as opposed to a contractor sending their truck in. Of course they have the opposite problem then, delivery truck shows up at construction site and needs directions to the unloading area.

I’m sure someone will do this within my lifetime. Whether it’s common or not is a different question.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another reason why it makes most sense IMO for it to be the companies delivery service as opposed to a contractor sending their truck in. Of course they have the opposite problem then, delivery truck shows up at construction site and needs directions to the unloading area.

I’m sure someone will do this within my lifetime. Whether it’s common or not is a different question.
With the way insurance works and liability laws, i don't foresee supply house sending product to a client via robo. Only if its between 2 companies set up for each other. Even then regulation may never allow heavy robo loads.

Elon has some ideas, but also some fantasies. Watch him on rogan

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the way insurance works and liability laws, i don't foresee supply house sending product to a client via robo. Only if its between 2 companies set up for each other. Even then regulation may never allow heavy robo loads.

Elon has some ideas, but also some fantasies. Watch him on rogan
I think if they did robotic delivery it would be similar to the way they are doing drone delivery. There would be a designated delivery space which would be easily identifiable when you roll up. Perhaps when you set up the account you get some traffic cones to mark the space.

Keep in mind, “Never” is a long time. Many things which are common now were “Never going to happen” at some time not too long ago. The next 20 years should bring a lot of “Nevers” into reality.

Reusable rockets were a “Never” as were electric cars.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think if they did robotic delivery it would be similar to the way they are doing drone delivery. There would be a designated delivery space which would be easily identifiable when you roll up. Perhaps when you set up the account you get some traffic cones to mark the space.

Keep in mind, “Never” is a long time. Many things which are common now were “Never going to happen” at some time not too long ago. The next 20 years should bring a lot of “Nevers” into reality.

Reusable rockets were a “Never” as were electric cars.
Substitute our lifetime for never

Remember the movie 1984? Still no flying cars even 40 years past the future they depicted

Last edited:

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I think people will pay $150k-180k for a quad CT and think Elon should price it there since he surely f'ed up by offering $39k, $49k, and $69k models at release.

With inflation in coming year or so, I could see him getting $180k-200k for a loaded up model.

🤣🤣🤣That is how stupid this shit is getting on here🤣🤣🤣
Yeah you’re smoking crack if you think he’s gonna price it at 180 to 200,000

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Bingo.

I'd rather Tesla make that money rather than scalpers. Fuck the scalpers. If I get the CT, I won't be reselling it for profit.
But what if your family gets 3 Cybertrucks?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have only ordered one and I'd be lucky to get it before 2025 (ordered Spring of 2021).
By 2025, there won’t be a huge scalping market for Cybertrucks. Most of the people looking to pay a huge premium for an early one will have long gotten one. Used ones will still sell for a premium, but it won’t be monstrous. It’ll be a lot like the current Model Y used market. ”Like New” will sell for a 5-10k premium over delivered.

Tesla has banned people for buying and reselling multiple vehicles so excessive scalping is going to be a challenge. I‘m sure there will be some.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
By 2025, there won’t be a huge scalping market for Cybertrucks. Most of the people looking to pay a huge premium for an early one will have long gotten one. Used ones will still sell for a premium, but it won’t be monstrous. It’ll be a lot like the current Model Y used market. ”Like New” will sell for a 5-10k premium over delivered.

Tesla has banned people for buying and reselling multiple vehicles so excessive scalping is going to be a challenge. I‘m sure there will be some.
This was very helpful. I have found your posts to be well thought and well stated.

Cheers!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While the dictionary's open, look up what a "shill" is, and then "astroturfing." Why pay for commercials when you can pay trolls to hype your junk on the internet?

You should probably learn how to change your mind when presented with facts that contradict your viewpoint. It's one of humanity's greatest survival tools.
why dont you change your mind

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
apparently you are not updated on the CT production models .......there is no speculation to it......CT1 and CT3 will not be built for now , if ever
I am in agreement with you that they will not produce the single motor and the tri-motor but Tesla has never said they were not producing those two. That is just a rumor. What Tesla did say is that they will produce the quad motor first.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I am in agreement with you that they will not produce the single motor and the tri-motor but Tesla has never said they were not producing those two. That is just a rumor. What Tesla did say is that they will produce the quad motor first.
When CT dual and quad sales *are* saturated and demand dips *and* there is a large enough customer demand for single motor variants, Tesla will manufacture them. I would bet money on it.

Now the Tri I am not so sure about. If you need that much power (or power and range) I don't see why you wouldn't just do a quad IMO despite a cost increase. If its range your after and not power, then I would imagine the dual getting a variant with more range. I could even see a more budget friendly Quad with lower end motors as a variant to the Tri being produced with some additional software locks in place but equating to the same power output as a Tri with high end motors.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When CT dual and quad sales *are* saturated and demand dips *and* there is a large enough customer demand for single motor variants, Tesla will manufacture them. I would bet money on it.
Mostly agree here.

Also possible they will just keep the dual motor truck as the base and lower the price at some point either with a lower range model or just due to increased competition and lower battery costs.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The quad was not an option until recently. Will it be offered to all reservation holders or just to those that ordered the tri.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.