ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Stainless steel is up 25-30% from 2019 alone...which is 100% of the outside of the vehicle. But in a years time could go down, who knows. But as of right now it's pricey. Just being realistic.
Sponsored

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Only going by inflation rate from 2019 to today. It would be about $56k
Of course we have another year before its produced.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2019?amount=49000

Screenshot (3697).png
Screenshot (3698).png
Thanks!
Makes my numbers more rational..!
But that straight overall inflation some sectors are hit much harder...Elon said lithium for example is not on the same scale as other items.

70k is 81k in today's money..close to my $85k bet for tri...if Elon is helpful he would make it 80k for rebate... hopefully!

I paid almost 80k for my MYP without all the cool suspension, 240v outlet, compressor, vault cover, and being bullet proof. CT is almost 4 ft longer made out of stainless.

just to give you guys an idea what stainless is like....i deal with stainless building out custom restaurant setups for cocktail bars.
Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." Screenshot_20220805-094635

Last edited:

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
So Elon let us know that were be changes to CT from what was in the reveal. He also made us think that there may be price changes.
I wish there would have been a follow up question on the FSD price.
Will they hold to the 7K price from the original reveal or will FSD price change to the current price?
If it changes to the current price, then I'm not happy. If I would have known ahead of the time that the FSD price is changing, then I would have already bought a Y

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Cost to the end consumer is always a factor. When Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes hits a certain price point a good number of shoppers choose store brands. Tesla may be the best, but if you price out your target consumer they chose a brand that fits their budget.

Crissa makes a valid argument in that if you keep telling Tesla it is okay to price something higher, they will regardless of whether they need to or not.

I know for myself I have a price where I won’t pull the trigger. If it is much above the stated reveal price then my 2004 Avalon will do nicely. I chose CT3 because of the range. 500 miles is what I need not for the daily drive but for my trips. I just came back from a trip where I drove 3429 miles in 9 days. Lots of driving in deserts and mountains where no chargers exist. Had I not had a gas engine with a tank/mpg that would give me 400 miles I could not have done some stretches of roads. Even in Kansas we had to search for stations at times.

Tesla, don’t shoot yourself in the foot by pricing yourself beyond what average people can afford. Your stated mission is to “accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.” You cannot do that by selling all high priced cars and trucks. Despite one previous poster, not “everyone is buying” the new Corvette C8 at $80,000. Would love to have one, can’t afford one. Yes, lots of people who cannot afford their new vehicle take out loans for longer and longer periods, 72 to 80 months and more?! These are stupid people who put instant gratification over reality of their situations. They have winning the lottery as their retirement plan.

I do foresee Tesla simplifying the line up. 2 motors and 4 motors, standard range and long range. That could cut costs for some of us normal folks while all you Cybertruck-at-any-price people whip out your checkbooks for your CT4 Plaids.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect all but a minority figured this out.

Only questions left are what the new specs/ pricing are which is infinitely debatable so I’ll leave that to y’all.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65end r
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
Argh…late to @Alpine Cyber Roundup. Pricing and specs change to RN’s was the BIG takeaway!
<rant>There was a tinge of a rub quoting $99. Seriously, $100.000.000.00 EM rubbed in cyberrtruck RN’s faces? <end rant>

We knew pricing party was over when Tesla removed them from the website. Spec’s always subject to change NBD. EM has kept abreast the RN class to changes(size,handles,range,design,etc…) as if it mattered.

One change EM did not headsup the RN class was Quad Cybertruck. Was the implication changing price, spec and introductory model to Quad Cybertruck meant to nullify the RN class entirely?

Nullify meaning that the product at launch Tesla isn’t selling. Therefor, Tesla can sell to anybody, any model, anytime and anywhere without regard to the RN class. Simply RN’s will wait while non-RN buyers drive off in a new Cybertruck, new price and new spec. The RN class doesn’t hold claim to a product that Tesla produces anymore. Is that the new game?

I’m asking ‘cuz, if Joe Hardhat over the last 3 yrs building GigaAustin has the bones to buy a new Cybertr and drives off in a Quad w/o RN that effectively means that Launch party game wphas turned into a $100MM ruse.

I understood at the Launch Party that you could not buy a Cybertruck unless you paid forward $99 to obtain a reservation ticket number. Said numbers would be sole purchasers of the Cybertruck at delivery.

I think clarity is due to the Cybertruck RN class who have stood in-line three years before proceeding further.

johnbeans

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 RWD, Y AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pretty much the only “voice” that Tesla listens to is purchases. Not forum posts of any kind. Sometimes prominent Tweets, but even those get mostly ignored.

I would gently suggest that whatever price you are hoping for, it will be above that. Tesla is confident that they can ramp the factory on whatever they calculate to be the most profitable config, all things considered (including other product lines).

That may very well be a quad with FSD, unless they are really pinched for batteries and need them elsewhere. But the ramp for such a differently-constructed vehicle may make assembly, rather than battery packs, the limiting factor. And Austin should have both in-house and third party 4680 cranking by then. In fact, that probably plays more than anything else into next summer’s timing.

I’m afraid there are just too many people who will pay more than the $69,900 that the now-extinct trimotor was quoted for.

The best way—really the only way—to combat inflation is to put your money into inflating assets. In the recent past that has been things like $TSLA and houses. As Elon mentioned, we may be in recession for the next 6-18 months, so I dunno at this point.

By the way, the CT we saw at the shareholder meeting was the original one Franz broke. Not the newer one with no door handles and a big wiper.

A Tesla employee told me (grain of salt needed here, truly) that he heard the wiper would be a folding “switchblade” type that unfolds to cover a wide area then folds back in half when disabled.

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I have a reason to believe it'll be less range but faster charging. They'll locate V4 SC in places where it's more necessary. I'd be willing to guess they will first be located on the I-10 between PHX and LA then along the way to Austin. This will evolve and benefit the placebo of range.

bullish1

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is true that Elon answered the question about holding prices for original reservations with a directed comment about inflation and supply-chain issues, but he also said that the CT would be "one awesome machine". Given his earlier statements about making the CT affordable, I still believe (and will continue to believe) that he will try to keep the price increase as close to the original quotes as possible. What @ED_SFO posed, with 20% increases, even eclipses the Model Y price increases over the past 2 years. Whatever he is smoking, I want some.
My 2 yo Y was $50k, now worth $65k. You owe @ED_SFO an apology!

johnbeans

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 RWD, Y AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Simply RN’s will wait while non-RN buyers drive off in a new Cybertruck, new price and new spec.
I think almost the whole first 18 months of production (Troy Teslike estimates 164,500 units) will go to current RN holders who will pay whatever Tesla charges for whatever config(s) they choose to offer, not new people jumping the line.

No one that doesn’t already have a RN is going to get one of those, even if they cost $100K+. Just too much demand. And all trucks are crazy expensive already.

bullish1

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At tonight's annual shareholder meeting, Elon said Cybertruck price and spec will change. That in 2019 when they revealed, they could not have possibly known about the inflation and current environment.

Elon said......
"It was unveiled in 2019, for a $99 deposit. Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, it will be a damn fine product. We are tracking to be in production middle of next year. Tooling install starting in next few months. "

Between now and production, i hope the world and economy stabilizes enough to keep the price hike to a minimum.

Im prepared to pay 5-6 k more for a CT3. If its too much more than that, I'm going for CT2.

Went for my 1st oil change in the '22 Sienna. Dealer offered me 7k more than i paid new in nov 21. Gulp!!!!
Your Seinna is up by $7k in a few months, yet you would not pay $6k more for a "damn fire product" you ordered 3 years ago? Not following that logic!

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
If I may digress a little for a minute - can - you - IMAGINE - the re-sale value of the top-end editions especially if you're at the beginning of the line? I can't. Yes yes I know, Tesla frowns upon it, but I'm willing to bet many people out there won't mind burning some bridges for extra $$$. People are selling their SEXY used for more than what they paid because it speeds up wait times by months. How much would you pay to have it today? Now imagine your profit margin from re-sale had Elon kept original prices :unsure:

IMHO there's just too much demand for Tesla not to apply hefty price tags especially in the beginning...

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am so fed-up with all this price crap.....elon must be laughing all the way to the factory....I think there is no way they cant project price now that the design is frozen or show us what it is going to look like.....maybe w
Dang bubba, you think CT2 is going up 30%?
and with range around 350 and usage at 425kWhr./mi......ummm.....not such a good deal

Reactions: Rix

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So Elon let us know that were be changes to CT from what was in the reveal. He also made us think that there may be price changes.
I wish there would have been a follow up question on the FSD price.
Will they hold to the 7K price from the original reveal or will FSD price change to the current price?
If it changes to the current price, then I'm not happy. If I would have known ahead of the time that the FSD price is changing, then I would have already bought a Y
I agree.....with a CT2 and 350 range and 425wHr per mile, it aint worth it.....I am about 95% ready to just get a Y and forget the CT3......or buy both and sell the CT3after delivery
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.