Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This video shows three things:
  1. Two screens (Driver + Main)
  2. Multiple Storage Bins in the Truck bed (3)
  3. Best view of the mid gate. The window is down, but it looks like the mid gate is modular in nature, which leads me to believe it comes down.

In addition, not looks like this vehicle is being prepped for some sort of event. Notice the giant screens in the background towards the end of the video.

Sponsored

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I saw this on Twitter earlier today and I thought it was new but I think it's actually from CyberRodeo.

Regardless, I suspect this version of the truck is the one that prompted one of the big tesla bloggers to state it has reclining rear glass and likely a midgate. I don't know if it confirms that or not. I honestly can't tell if it has back glass, and if it doesn't it might not have been installed on this test truck. We can confirm that the back wall - like the bed - is no longer stainless steal which could lend itself to a midgate. The second screen is definitely there.

I do think the truck looks great, and with Elon saying AC could go into the bed, that opening rear window is almost certain. I think the midgate is very possible and the non-stainless material certainly helps the case.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
the mid window being able to open, i thought was already known, midgate would require the design of the back cover to be changed... doesnt look like it will

but it doesnt look like a window is in it

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I think this lends more credence to the back window being like a tundra, which is nice because if you use a truck for anything thats dirty, introducing another complex system of seals for a midgate design leads to a lot of problems theyve seen on the R1T tonneau cover

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
i've been wondering about the BAW, and if they'd put it over on the passenger side, ala SEMI

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think if this was a dual motor variant then it wouldn't have the 4 wheel steering...meaning only the tri-quad would have that option standard. But anyone's guess but definitely old video.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
This video shows three things:
  1. Two screens (Driver + Main)
  2. Multiple Storage Bins in the Truck bed (3)
  3. Best view of the mid gate. The window is down, but it looks like the mid gate is modular in nature, which leads me to believe it comes down.

In addition, not looks like this vehicle is being prepped for some sort of event. Notice the giant screens in the background towards the end of the video.

Old video. From cyber rodeo. Doesn’t show mid gate.

OP
OP
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The Mid Gate is shown at the 42 second mark, 45 second mark and the 1 minute 11 second mark. I saw an older video, but I didn't see the extended one like this. And...the truck at the very end of the video with the cover closed is a different vehicle if you look at the rear tow hitch area.

Last edited:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
At about the 1 min mark you can see the front wheels rapidly pivot. Speculation but as quick as they moved I have thoughts of steer by wire here. This would be an awesome feature for the yoke and navigating parking lots and such.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The Mid Gate is shown at the 42 second mark, 45 second mark and the 1 minute 11 second mark. I saw an older video, but I didn't see the extended one like this. And...the truck at the very end of the video with the cover closed is a different vehicle if you look at the rear tow hitch area.
right, these video are from here.. We've exhausted these videos here.

2 points to make, this video is my playboy magazine, I too want a mid gate. Nothing here is concrete of that. No obvious seam in the bed "plastic". I THINK/ hope we DO get a mid gate however. It's how Tesla still claims the 6.5' bed they touted, while shrinking slightly and making the truck "garageable"

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The mid-gate does look like a separate piece compared to the sides. There is no weld or continuity that I can see.... Potentially, it looks more like something which can move.

Perhaps there is some logic why it can't, but.

But inconclusive... We need a few more sleeps.

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Interesting thing is that the plastic lining in the aft half of the bed does look more like slots rather than elevated grip pads like in the v1.0 proto… didnt notice this on this model until this video