Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I swear someone at Tesla Corporate must monitor this forum. I got an email congratulating me on my $700 credit since I already paid out the ass to have solar and powerwalls. I think I'm going to email the arbitration team. I was lead to believe I would be getting a v3 gateway as part of my $20000 up charge. $700 isn't going to get me another gateway for my next house.
Sponsored

spamy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Why does the 4th line item ($1,931) say "includes the Tesla Gateway 3V"? The wording implies the price includes it, yet the part is provided by Tesla, so it should not be included. (meaning they're overcharging you) on this line.
On my quote it says (in the fine print) that the Gateway hardware is not included. It must take one guy at least 12 hours of solid work to install it a this price. :rolleyes:

Also, why do you need line #3 for "AC Soft Start"? I have a PW/PV system and multiple HVAC units that function fine without this device. All modern AC units have circuitry built in that prevents the compressor from starting right away when the power is turned on.
AC Soft Starts are explained in the fine print as well. Apparently Tesla requires them for an AC on a greater than 30 Amp breaker. The pricing must be variable based on the size of the breaker. I have 60 amp breakers and they charged me $450 per AC unit.

rymo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model X, 89 RX-7
Country flag
I got my quote this week. Is there any reason to believe there are some hidden costs not shown? My cost is a round $3500 and the electrical run at my house is probably 125’ as my panel is in the opposite side of the house garage.

Tesla Cybertruck PowerShare install price / value IMG_1758

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Tesla offered me vouchers since I already have solar and powerwall. The reason why I never got a home charger was no one want to install it for me. One guy said he'll do it for $2,000 but told me it's not worth his time or my money since I can use the mobile charger. So I sold my black Elon stamped charger.

Now my panels says not to install any more breakers unless work is performed by Tesla. No one will even come take a look at it.

Kind of disappointing. When it's time to pickup my Cyberbeast, I will ask if I can swap to an AWD.

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
I got my quote this week. Is there any reason to believe there are some hidden costs not shown? My cost is a round $3500 and the electrical run at my house is probably 125’ as my panel is in the opposite side of the house garage.

IMG_1758.jpeg
seems legit
for that lower cost, I'd hire a second electrician to review the work as its happening, tell me youre good cop and they are bad cop

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag

IMG_1758.jpeg
for the length of run due to wire cost it's about right but i would recommend a permit for sure. Also do you have solar/powerwall already? if so, you won't need anything but the wall charger and that's where we all are seeing no credit for V3 gateway but only a 700 dollar credit to buy a wall charger. Im also having an issue with contractors that don't know how to hook up the wall charger so that when the cybertruck software update is performed for powershare it will work. It's like contractors don't know or aren't asking Tesla hows it's done.

rymo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No solar. Thanks for the feedback.
Fyi My site survey was done by a Tesla energy employee and no 3rd party electrician was involved.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
No solar. Thanks for the feedback.
Fyi My site survey was done by a Tesla energy employee and no 3rd party electrician was involved.
my pleasure. Yes mine too. yet when you go to install they had me look at the list on Tesla site of certified Tesla contractors to choose from. That's where I am finding most contractors havent' been exposed to the Power Share install and only know how to connect wall charger to main or off a subpanel only.

Cyber_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
On my quote it says (in the fine print) that the Gateway hardware is not included. It must take one guy at least 12 hours of solid work to install it a this price. :rolleyes:

AC Soft Starts are explained in the fine print as well. Apparently Tesla requires them for an AC on a greater than 30 Amp breaker. The pricing must be variable based on the size of the breaker. I have 60 amp breakers and they charged me $450 per AC unit.
The Gateway hardware is included. I'd definitely push back on this. It's been clearly stated on the FS accessories detail. Also, see post #63 below.

Regarding the HVAC soft start. I didn't consider that you probably have a larger unit, so I guess that makes sense. My ductless mini split units are all on 20A breakers each.

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

IMG_1758.jpeg
I got that exact same quote for my DFW install and its within a few feet of my panel.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I got that exact same quote for my DFW install and its within a few feet of my panel.
so you think you're getting the V3 gateway? Not if you have powerwalls and been trying to get my refund for v3 since they said not needed but specifies it in purchase of truck quote. Looks like this is going to be fun for Tesla

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
so you think you're getting the V3 gateway? Not if you have powerwalls and been trying to get my refund for v3 since they said not needed but specifies it in purchase of truck quote. Looks like this is going to be fun for Tesla
The Tesla Energy rep that came out to do the assessment specifically mentioned the v3 gateway installation. No solar or powerwalls at my house. Still debating the installation.

rymo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is why I am suspicious. Tesla hasn’t responded conclusively if this price is “all in”.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
The Tesla Energy rep that came out to do the assessment specifically mentioned the v3 gateway installation. No solar or powerwalls at my house. Still debating the installation.
ok yes. since you don't have the powerwalls then the V3 is what you want and can install. Well, very soon you will be connected.
Sponsored