Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just don't see Tesla selling any model of the Cybertruck for cheaper than a Model Y. Hopefully at the Q4 Earnings Call we hear that pricing stays roughly the same as was mentioned at the reveal, but I just don't think that's going to happen.
I think you're smart to wait for the earnings meeting before we get too excited.
Sponsored

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Initial price at announcement plus inflation that has occurred since. The price of everything has increased due to many factors beyond Tesla's control. I wouldn't expect them to take a loss on their products since they would be driven out of business. Wages have gone up like everything else. If they stick to the original prices announced, I'll be pleasantly surprised and may be tempted to buy a CT and a Y...:cool:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Initial price at announcement plus inflation that has occurred since. The price of everything has increased due to many factors beyond Tesla's control. I wouldn't expect them to take a loss on their products since they would be driven out of business. Wages have gone up like everything else. If they stick to the original prices announced, I'll be pleasantly surprised and may be tempted to buy a CT and a Y...:cool:
So you've just proven they would actually make more money by ignoring inflation and sticking to announced pricing. :)

As others have said many times before.. Tesla locks in pricing for resources/components years in advance with bulk order contracts. They will be less affected by inflation than you think. In this instance.. inflation is artificially applied to the topic.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla likes to keep ordering simple for a number of reasons. I predict only 3 configurations for dual and quad motor. My hope is two options for dual motor (300 mile and 500 mile), and quad being the plaid with 500 mile.

Price escalation is guaranteed. Expect a $10k bump in price across the board, and Plaid in a new price category ($100k+)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
For the nth time: If you plan on carrying anything heavy, those extra motors and torque make sure you can move at normal speeds.

It's just a side-effect of electric motors that it also has crazy fast acceleration while empty.

You can software-limit it, but naturally that's what happens.

It's not like an ICE engine that's limited by the inherent losses in the drive train.

And as pointed out smartly, the fastest helicopter the military has, is also their largest. Why? Because the other numbers in a helicopter are basically equal, so the biggest motors just go fastest. Same for EV trucks. There's no transmission to get in the way, no spin-up and narrow optimal torque curve.

-Crissa

PS, not much inflation has occurred since Tesla's original announcement. Yes, last fall was notable, but that's dragged down by the months of below target inflation the first half of the year and the negative inflation months the year before. Remember, it's an average, not just the highest headline number.

Last edited:

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I took a look across all of teslas vehicles and came up with a decent pricing prediction based on what everything else is priced at. Feel free to leave your thoughts but i can see this being the actual final pricing based on what the lineup pricing is currently at. I think it would be fair to say that the cybertruck would be less expensive than the two top dogs S & X but more expensive than the Y & 3.

S PLAID PRICING: $130K
X PLAID PRICING: $126K

Y PERFORMANCE: $64K
3 PERFORMANCE: $59K

CYBERTRUCK PREDICTED PRICING:

CYBERTRUCK PLAID: $90K-$110K
QUAD MOTOR NONE PLAID: $70K- $80K

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Depends on Range and speed options.

I am looking for Quad long range 450+ miles with 4 sec speed performance and FSD to be $85k.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
I don't expect the CT prices to remain at the launch price levels but I understood that if you included the fsd option at the time of pre-ordering, you were guaranteed to get it at the $7000 pre-order price. I will be miffed if they try and charge the new fsd price to people who placed their pre-orders @ $7K.

diber27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
future cybertrucker
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
If they're gonna honor the $7K FSD price, I hope they'll also let reservation holders get the prices promised during the reveal. With that said, I have a feeling they won't...

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
you know that lots of vehicles are write offs after accidents right? ps it's * their *

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
you know that lots of vehicles are write offs after accidents right? ps it's * their *
Out of all the non-standard spelling, grammar, and punctuation issues, you just chose one to mention? Is that one your very specific pet peeve?

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m a cheapskate who ordered the single motor Cybertruck in order to save money. After listening to Cybertruck videos about how the initial production of the Cybertruck will probably not depreciate due to high demand, I may just get the top of the line quad motor and not worry about it losing its value.
Sponsored