First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
4ws is the biggest improvement since reveal. If all models come with it my guess would be.

RWD $44,900
AWD $57,900
AWD LR $64,900 (PLEASE!!)
CT3 $78,900
Plaid quad $ 104,900

I get the argument that if the forum consensus demands zero escalation maybe we can achieve it. I just don't think it is realistic, especially if we want volume.
*Order the Plaid since it will be built first and flip it when your LR arrives. You should be able to flip the Quad for the same price as you bought it.
Telsa will still be the price and performance leader with all trims by a wide margin.

This is basically 12% increase across the board (7% considering the value of 4ws at $3000) with super high margin on the Plaid. The public will understand that a certain amount of inflation given COVID is expected.

Elon is a genius. His goal of rapid adoption of EV has almost already been achieved without a single production CT. We have the big 3 promising EV trucks and factories are being built. The initial pricing was genius, the attention getting design was genius. He raised the anti and they folded to come back and play another day. Was he bluffing at the initial pricing? I guess we will see.
Advertisement

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3; CT on order
Country flag
For the nth time: If you plan on carrying anything heavy, those extra motors and torque make sure you can move at normal speeds.

It's just a side-effect of electric motors that it also has crazy fast acceleration while empty.

You can software-limit it, but naturally that's what happens.

It's not like an ICE engine that's limited by the inherent losses in the driver train.

And as pointed out smartly, the fastest helicopter the military has, is also their largest. Why? Because the other numbers in a helicopter are basically equal, so the biggest motors just go fastest. Same for EV trucks. There's no transmission to get in the way, no spin-up and narrow optimal torque curve.

-Crissa

PS, not much inflation has occurred since Tesla's original announcement. Yes, last fall was notable, but that's dragged down by the months of below target inflation the first half of the year and the negative inflation months the year before. Remember, it's an average, not just the highest headline number.
Well said.

Tech is deflationary as well. I'd be shocked if the highest trim is approaching $100K.

My prediction: Cybertruck Plaid with 500+ miles range will be $95K or less.

Advertisement

TSLA Stock

Advertisement