SD2012

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Sad to say, I don't even know what Starlink does - or will do. GPS?
Sponsored

Gorgo1949

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 motor cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like to tow this behind a RV, so I'm hoping freewheeling will be a part of it

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Internet for everyone around the world.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Many say that we are now polluting the skies with space junk just like we have polluted the earth. Tons of articles on the subject.

Even the tiniest bits of space junk can cause damage
“At last count there were over 20,000 pieces of space junk larger than a softball, and about 500,000 larger than a marble orbiting Earth.

Scientists say there are many millions more too small to be seen and the number is growing all the time.
Even the tiniest fragments can cause damage — according to NASA flecks of paint led to a number of space shuttle windows having to be replaced.
It has even been suggested that at some stage the sheer number of bits of space junk will cause a "cascade" of collisions and could render an orbit unusable.“

Tesla Cybertruck Predictions for the top 3 Cybertruck exterior modifications 60947BFC-6B16-4935-A7F1-5E21CF46B2D3

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Here are my predictions;

1) Aftermarket wheels and tires
2) Vehicle wrap
3) Paint factory wheels arches/flares

8B886C1F-48A6-4D02-AC83-94D0C2F49897.jpeg
I'm not sure it will have paint options. The exoskeleton is dent proof and if you smack the side of it with something it will leave a mark of some sort. Unless they have scratch proof paint....lol.

Muskwatcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500 LTZ Crewcab, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Many say that we are now polluting the skies with space junk just like we have polluted the earth. Tons of articles on the subject.

Even the tiniest bits of space junk can cause damage
“At last count there were over 20,000 pieces of space junk larger than a softball, and about 500,000 larger than a marble orbiting Earth.

Scientists say there are many millions more too small to be seen and the number is growing all the time.
Even the tiniest fragments can cause damage — according to NASA flecks of paint led to a number of space shuttle windows having to be replaced.
It has even been suggested that at some stage the sheer number of bits of space junk will cause a "cascade" of collisions and could render an orbit unusable.“

60947BFC-6B16-4935-A7F1-5E21CF46B2D3.jpeg
Yes there is a lot of debris up there. The Starlink satellites are designed to de-orbit and burn up completely in the atmosphere when they lose the proper function. Elon Musk also talked about the de-orbiting starlink satellite functioning as a debris collector on the way down. This could solve a lot of the debris problem.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I will be adding a electric tint to side windows and sun roof. Those who dont know, electric tint is where with flick of a switch, tint turns to opaque or transparent. I like to have glass transparent in winter so sun can keep the car warm and summer the glass stays opaque so sun don't heat it up. I installed it in my current F450 in 2017 and it works like a charm.
Can you tell me more about this install. Brand used and if there are any tutorial videos? I've been thinking about doing this modification for a while.

Must have mods:
- Additive solar ports
- Greatly increase the amp drain cap that's present in other teslas so we can use power strips.
- Mounting points for an automatic fronk winch would be a godsent for adventurers' backs and security worries (ooh even with a small fronk passthrough to winch things in-through the bed passthrough that would be wild)

Honorable mention:
a detailed blueprint highlighting all safe zones to put magnets or holes on the body for awnings, hooks, and other such camping stuff.

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Honestly my biggest concern once I get one is that idiots will want to hit the body to see if it takes damages and throw stuff at the windows. I fear the idiocy and lack of concern for damaging other peoples property.

Maybe a small Silent Guardian system that uses millimeter microwaves to keep them at bay. Probably need a second battery to support that.

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I think we should send up a space magnet
413E60CF-CAF2-471D-B080-D7CFC9C754FE.jpeg
Unfortunately most of the space junk is probably aluminum and other non-ferrous materials. The other issue is the space junk is probably not all rotating around the earth in the same general direction. It is a problem and you have to wonder how many Starlink satellites will be hit as objects orbits degrade over time.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Unfortunately most of the space junk is probably aluminum and other non-ferrous materials. The other issue is the space junk is probably not all rotating around the earth in the same general direction. It is a problem and you have to wonder how many Starlink satellites will be hit as objects orbits degrade over time.
The engineers at Tesla I’m sure can develop an aluminum magnet ? and or giant net similar to a swimming pool net and scoop up all the crap floating around. ?

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Since one of the top 3 things I see people wanting to mod for the CT is wheels, I have been thinking about that a bit and even posted some images of the CT with different wheels.

After watching several youtube videos, I realized that the wheels have a decent amount of effect on range on the model 3. There is enough effect on the aero based on the spoke design that it does have a legit effect. The best aero wheels would have a solid hubcap and Tesla has that near solid hubcap they put on the car for the long range model.

That is exactly what is on the CT in the prototype. Those are hubcaps right now and I bet that is the intent for the CT...to have that option much like the M3. I bet behind the hubcap is a pretty decent looking wheel just like what happens on the M3. That will be nice. We can just buy a $50 kit to put the hub and lug nut covers on it when you don't need extended range. When you go on long trips and that extra 5% range is needed, just put on those hubcaps. That's way better than having to buy a whole wheel set and sacrifice the range permanently.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
-Modified 5th wheel adapter to clear side pillars
-Snow plow mount
-Transparent tonneau cover (for those who habitually need to physically look through the back window to reverse)

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Hmm...(only half serious)

1. bulk stainless polish

2. A Cyberladder made by tesla in the same theme and materials to help clean the car

3. DIY Clear wrap for nose and behind rear tires. I’m assuming the 3mm SS can get marked from gravel

4. 3rd party luxury seat

5. Tesla extension cords

6. Extended range battery for the vault

7. bulk wd40 for coating body in winter (it they dont have heated panels)

8. hvlp paint sprayers for DIY wraps

9. pet seat covers

10. 24/7 security video system (unless it does it already)

11. 5 point racing harness

Definitely NOT on the list...

- upgraded car stereo head unit
- touch up paint
- jumper cables (except for giving other people jumps)

side question - will the body be able to be certified as a roll cage? It’s quarter mile time may require it if you take it to the track.
Sponsored