cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Bozemania you must mean. Is over 6 hours from me. My town has 1200 people. Our community is our family. That little truck you see is a 2500 Suburban with 7 inch lift/winches. I live in that little trailer and tent for about 9 months a year.

We much prefer to have no one come to our beautiful state. Well maybe just those that don't respect and follow the code of the west.
PXL_20231012_003420766-EFFECTS.jpg
love Montana, and very jealous, of a state with real outdooors and topography. (tX here)

in which case, Iā€™d love to be a fly on the wall for your first morning over at the local Monday morning truck stop coffee table chat with the old-timers

reminds me of a story Iā€™ll share even though no one asked:

a mentor of mine is an 80yo+ Federal Judge back home in Arkansas (another state with real outdoors, btw). Judge was in the Gulf of Tonkin during Viet Nam.

During one Monday morning local coffee shop gathering of old-timers, an increasing bunch of them were wearing their ā€˜veteranā€™ hats, had their veteran bumper stickers on their trucks outside etc., but Judge knew they were all like reservists and domestic service posts.

That week he went and had a bumper sticker made, and put it on his bumper:

ā€œViet Nam Veteran - I was actually there!ā€œ

the next Monday he pulled up to the starion, and backed his truck in so that the bumper faced the yalta conference table inside. He didnā€™t say a word, went in, and had his normal visits that morning.

But the next Monday after that, there were no hats, and several bumper stickers had been removed from the other trucks.
Sponsored

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybrtrk is the only vehicle youā€™ll ever need
Occupation
Clinical Scientist
Country flag
This is an interesting development, I wonder if folks have been having second thoughts and cancelling their recent order? Not sure why else they would increase the deposit to secure the order.
I wondered if it was due to people not being able to complete orders from reasons beyond their control like credit/ down payment required, etcā€¦

RickBullotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, F-150, coming soon maybe EV truck
Country flag
This is an interesting development, I wonder if folks have been having second thoughts and cancelling their recent order? Not sure why else they would increase the deposit to secure the order.
It's a logical step to allow Tesla to more accurately plan production and procurement/sourcing for the next couple years.

Cyber111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Film Production
Country flag
Frankly, I think they should require ALL of us with reservations to do this. It would immediately persuade anyone who wasn't serious about their order to cancel it and shorten our wait time. But alas, Elon never called to ask me for my opinion on the matter. I do think people are cancelling because my wait time (according to the tracker) was shortened by 2 months.

DelPhonic1

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Cybertruck Tri-Motor ordered
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
I think it is to clear out those that have ordered 10 or whatever, trying to resell at profit.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
For those of us with a single order and on the fringe of being able to afford this truck, I would love to see a test drive as part of the commitment from Tesla. They donā€™t want to waist time and effort and not close a sale then have to go thru getting the next buyer prepped for delivery.
putting down a non refundable deposit should only happen after you have had a chance to sit it and drive the vehicle. I feel pretty confident I will close on this truck but there should be some equal skin in the game for both parties.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
big difference in $100 down that is refundable and an additional non-refundable $1,000 on something you haven't even touched or test driven.....you can test drive a Model S, 3, X and Y......why not the CT?.......I do not believe it is a way of thinning out, but it will have that affect because the pricing went from $69k to almost 100K....plus, what pisses me off is there a guys who placed orders on reveal night that have been waiting for 3.5 years.....they are not rich....but now that we are seeing releases, those people who were first are being pushed back by the big rich boys who can afford to pay 100K plus....and /or you can buy up to the $120k model....so that tells me they are capable of making the thing and should make it for the first people in line.....very disillusioned

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
big difference in $100 down that is refundable and an additional non-refundable $1,000 on something you haven't even touched or test driven.....you can test drive a Model S, 3, X and Y......why not the CT?.......I do not believe it is a way of thinning out, but it will have that affect because the pricing went from $69k to almost 100K....plus, what pisses me off is there a guys who placed orders on reveal night that have been waiting for 3.5 years.....they are not rich....but now that we are seeing releases, those people who were first are being pushed back by the big rich boys who can afford to pay 100K plus....and /or you can buy up to the $120k model....so that tells me they are capable of making the thing and should make it for the first people in line.....very disillusioned
Well you couldn't take test drives in the S,3,X, or Y prior to wide release. Why should the Cybertruck be any different?

Trucks in SC's that are roped off are going to be delivered. Wouldn't want anyone's grubby hands on my truck. How about you?

Begrudging someone else to profit while one doesn't want to buy is a hard thing for me to do. So I write the check and smile.

We all had 4 years to save for this moment. Some did. Some are just sour about it now.

Oh some are disillusioned as well.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
This is literally everything everywhere in America, nothing new. Money can buy you to the front of the line. Money can buy you early boarding on flights, the toll lanes on the freeway to bypass traffic, etc.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is literally everything everywhere in America, nothing new. Money can buy you to the front of the line. Money can buy you early boarding on flights, the toll lanes on the freeway to bypass traffic, etc.

yep no doubt....but it just goes to show you we as a society have no ethics and reason of fair play....still a society of the "have and the have nots" and a person's ability to pay...Just look at our justice system....no different here with Tesla.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Bozemania you must mean. Is over 6 hours from me. My town has 1200 people. Our community is our family. That little truck you see is a 2500 Suburban with 7 inch lift/winches. I live in that little trailer and tent for about 9 months a year.

We much prefer to have no one come to our beautiful state. Well maybe just those that don't respect and follow the code of the west.
PXL_20231012_003420766-EFFECTS.jpg
I'd like to check out that "Code of the West". Can I get it on Amazon or is it a more of a spoken word sort of thing?

BTW, were you born there? Both of my parents were born in Montana along with a brother and sister of mine. My mother was one of 12 kids raised on a 20K acre ranch. I'm pretty sure I have more relatives there than you do. :)

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
OK, I accept that, but my point was that I had a car loan on an SUV, and had car loans on SUVs before that for 4 cars, and whether it was hard (or not) to make payments I continued to buy SUVs and pay the loans off. It was just that when I stopped paying for those cars I started saving. Had I been living pay check to pay check then, at least I had a car payment extra. I do not consider myself rich but I do consider myself middle class. I doubt that anyone not at least in the middle class could afford a Tesla before the IRA.
True, the IRA mades a huge difference for those who qualify. The Model 3 RWD is a bargain @MSRP and with the IRA + State level incentives, my daughter just bought one for $25K. Tesla's are more affordable than most people know. All the Tesla "FUD " based news has a big negative impact e.g. 2M Tesla's "recalled".

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
yep no doubt....but it just goes to show you we as a society have no ethics and reason of fair play....still a society of the "have and the have nots" and a person's ability to pay...Just look at our justice system....no different here with Tesla.
There was a guy who had a solution to these problems

Tesla Cybertruck Reservation holders must now pay nonrefundable $1,000 "Early Access Deposit" to convert reservation into an Order (new as of 12/12/23) 1703013325315

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There was a guy who had a solution to these problems

1703013325315.png
I am not understanding whether you think highly or ill of those solutions, partly because I do not know your position on greed.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I'd like to check out that "Code of the West". Can I get it on Amazon or is it a more of a spoken word sort of thing?

BTW, were you born there? Both of my parents were born in Montana along with a brother and sister of mine. My mother was one of 12 kids raised on a 20K acre ranch. I'm pretty sure I have more relatives there than you do. :)
That's funny. You live in California yet are talking about where you used to live, and your parents. About 50% of Montana's population was born outside of it.

Guess you made your choice. Enjoy it.

As far as the code. Surprised growing up around ranch families you haven't heard of it in general terms.

A good explanation especially for the younger folks.
Sponsored