Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Usually announcements of deals with Tesla are long after the ink has dried and the delivery schedules set.

They're pretty tight lipped about explored deals.

-Crissa
That’s settled then, until the US has regulations for cameras instead of mirrors the rest of the world will take them all, seems fair to me.
Sponsored

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Does anyone else kinda feel like this does not bode well for any CTs at all this year If they are just penciling this deal? Cameras are a big element of every Tesla and if they are just getting the deal in place for them for the CT....I'm thinking we may be in for an even longer wait then projected, not that I have an issue with the wait.
Tesla, like Musk's other companies, can turn on a relative dime. At least for now.
So the timing does not worry me, in and of itself.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I like the positive attitude, but it can absolutory delay the CT. The deal would be for a lot of cameras, cameras use microchips, Samsung will have to either already have them or get them somewhere, microchips are in short supply...That's all I'm saying. I am hoping for the best but expecting delays and this seems like it has that potential.
These cameras were in the plans since day 1. They use known technology from a known, reliable vendor.

It's far more likely any delays will relate to construction at Giga Texas, the IDRA press, or with the 4860 batteries.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
If they come with both conventional mirror and video. The mirrors won't stay on my rig long. I have cameras on all our excavators, loaders and trucks. They work so much better than mirrors.

GTbobski

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
This will be great, again less moving parts as the adjustable mirrors. Lets hope its not set up like the Korean version of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 with separate little monitors on the top edge of the door skin...looks nuts! I am sure it will be a good clean look as the rest is....on another subject, there got be a point when no turn signals stems...all icon buttons...yoke steering wheel (not a wheel more like a control yoke) will drive less techie folks back to a lot more cabin features offered in other models. I do know some techs/tesla owners are also buying the Mach e as a alternative ride...may the one with the best ideas and creature comfort win...heavy on the creature comfort please!
Hopefully it will be like the Corvette Racing camera, it works well at night and IDs faster and slower cars. Probably asking way too much.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Or they'll just ignore regulations like they did with the Plaid model S steering wheel
:coffee:
Or rather just find a loop hole and exploit it, haha.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they come with both conventional mirror and video. The mirrors won't stay on my rig long. I have cameras on all our excavators, loaders and trucks. They work so much better than mirrors.
Likewise.

Maybe they will leave it to the owners to install the mirrors if they want them. A box with the mirrors in it in the trunk I won't open next to the front license mount I won't use.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
There were no regulations to ignore in the case of the yoke.

Mirrors on the other hand are clearly required by law.
Yeah, seems that way. :ROFLMAO:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Or they'll just ignore regulations like they did with the Plaid model S steering wheel
:coffee:
Or rather just find a loop hole and exploit it, haha.
I can’t understand why you would say that Tesla ignores regulations. That would be dangerous for any company. They probably adhere to the letter of the regulation and simply don’t communicate with the NHTSA unless the latter contacts them.

Imcookn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I prefer a wait a see approach to these various features. Rush to judgement can generate a great deal of angst.
i would like some clarity on the grooves in the bed and how to keep them clean.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I prefer a wait a see approach to these various features. Rush to judgement can generate a great deal of angst.
i would like some clarity on the grooves in the bed and how to keep them clean.
Tesla Cybertruck Samsung and Tesla sign deal for Cybertruck rearview mirrors / cameras XB183-viper-garden-hose-50-foot-u-0046

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon is more of a 'spirit of the law' kind of guy. He also doesn't like to wait for stupid approvals. I just hope it doesn't prevent the CT from being sold in Canada!
Sponsored