swengl

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
If you have noticed it yet, #ApartheidElon's success went to his head.

But actually, from my son who used to worked for Tesla, Elon is this kind of bully inside the company -- the reason why he had high turn over of executives and key Tesla professionals, and too, with his wives.
He seems to have an uncompromising personality and an unrelenting drive. That is probably one of the reasons why he is able to achieve his visions/plans for the company. Yeah, that could be hard to work with though.
Advertisement

Cybertruckee

First Name
Mon
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, Nissan
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
He seems to have an uncompromising personality and an unrelenting drive.
Me thinks it goes beyond unrelenting drive. Noticed how when Tesla will be meeting targets, he'll do the quarter-end presentation and if it's a miss, it will be his CFO who'll be sent out for slaughter?

And the seemingly thoughtless yapping where he was already fined by SEC and now sued for make big announcement of his big dump of Tesla shares that tanked it's price in the market? Big stockholders would usually make bite size but multiple sale and do it with nary an announcement knowing the adverse effect on stock price and other investors.

Alan Tierney

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Occupation
Don’t have one
Country flag
Hold up...

The oil company in question serves as a business front for massive property purchases. Previously it was used to buy Boca Chica. When you come to the table as Elon Musk or SpaceX land prices seem to mysteriously inflate. When you show up as a small shell company (and no one finds out who it really is) prices are suddenly reasonable. Let's not forget that SpaceX needs to buy offshore platforms for future launch and recovery sites. So, buying that with a front oil company helps.

On top of that, the Raptor engine uses methane. If they were to purify and refine their own fuel it would vertically integrate yet another process under the company. They could then pipeline their own methane without using transports or paying an existing oil company for a metered pipe.

So, let's see what the plan is before we start grabbing the pitchforks and torches based on anger derived from poorly cited clickbait title articles.

Found where i first heard about this...

It is not on YouTube just go and check it out on the internet not drilling on a platform. In a wildlife preserve.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
It is not on YouTube just go and check it out on the internet not drilling on a platform. In a wildlife preserve.
The only credible mention of "drilling" in a wildlife preserve is an article that "...SpaceX inquired about reusing a defunct natural gas pipeline running through the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge." and that they also inquired about building a small power plant and using the pipeline to supplement a huge solar farm for SpaceX for powering their facility. And to also use the methane to purify their own methane for use as rocket fuel.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/08/the-mystery-of-elon-musks-missing-gas/

So where are you getting that he's trying to "drill" for oil and gas as if he's Exxon, when he's using abandoned sites and pipelines?

Maybe I'm missing the news. Please provide a good link.

Alan Tierney

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Occupation
Don’t have one
Country flag
The only credible mention of "drilling" in a wildlife preserve is an article that "...SpaceX inquired about reusing a defunct natural gas pipeline running through the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge." and that they also inquired about building a small power plant and using the pipeline to supplement a huge solar farm for SpaceX for powering their facility. And to also use the methane to purify their own methane for use as rocket fuel.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/08/the-mystery-of-elon-musks-missing-gas/

So where are you getting that he's trying to "drill" for oil and gas as if he's Exxon, when he's using abandoned sites and pipelines?

Maybe I'm missing the news. Please provide a good link.
Just put in the person name @ x company and drill in Texas. You will find

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Just put in the x company and drill in Texas. You will find
Sorry friend, I looked. I need you to provide what YOU'RE reading. NOWHERE is there a mention of SpaceX asking for new drilling rights. The only stories I found are that they want to use existing abandoned facilities to extract and pipe methane from existing abandoned structures and infrastructure on land they either already own or plan to obtain.

Feel free to post a link pointing to where SpaceX is attempting to obtain the rights to drill new wells. I don't want to kill the thread with this any longer.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Me thinks it goes beyond unrelenting drive. Noticed how when Tesla will be meeting targets, he'll do the quarter-end presentation and if it's a miss, it will be his CFO who'll be sent out for slaughter?

His Mama didn't raise no fool 😂

Advertisement

TSLA Stock

Advertisement