Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Basically, they believe Tesla hasn't said or shown anything to believe. They think Tesla won't have high CT sales because, reasons. They also think Ford will make their Lightning 150k goal, and the CT is too late. 🙄

I'll say it again-When the CT comes out, so many doubters will be eating crow you'll think it's the new chicken. I can't wait to hear what they say when the inevitable finally happens.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Basically, they believe Tesla hasn't said or shown anything to believe. They think Tesla won't have high CT sales because, reasons. They also think Ford will make their Lightning 150k goal, and the CT is too late. 🙄

I'll say it again-When the CT comes out, so many doubters will be eating crow you'll think it's the new chicken. I can't wait to hear what they say when the inevitable finally happens.
TFL? Too F*$&ing Lame?

Another YouTube channel nobody gave a shit about 3 days ago trying to drum up clicks by trotting out Cybertruck clickbait.

EDIT: Maybe: Total F&*ing Losers?

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I've never heard of them and have no intention of ever watching their crap. I also do not care who 'wins'. I love the Cybertruck so as long as mine gets made I am fine. You know that bozo, E for Electric? He is also someone I will never pay attention to again, and there are others...taking money from the legacy auto makers to rag on Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ehh, at least their video is short.

Ugh. Hyperinflation? Are these guys millennials? Last year's inflation wasn't higher than '73-'82.

The truck needs a custom camper? So does the Hummer, Rivian, Silverado.

The truck 'has a small bed'? Compared to what? What?

'You can't reach into it!' ...Then they show an image of Franz walking along side it, if it was lowered, he could reach right in. Geez. 'For a gas can'. Gas can? Why would you have a gas can?

*sigh* At least I can still understand them at 2x speed.

...Yes, Elon said they stopped counting at over several hundred thousand orders. They missed that he said more than 250k. The best guess from the spreadsheet is 1 million, not 3 million, guys. They made a fallacy by arguing that extreme number.

...Why won't the truck be sold to a labor trade? *sigh*

'They'll buy these other trucks!' ...There are more reservations for Cybertruck than Fords, and Ford isn't going to fulfill this list for in their best guess two years.

These guys are ignoring the hundreds of thousands of Model Y that Tesla is delivering while Ford is delivering not even a tenth of that.

...I don't want email spam.

You can't buy a Rivian or Ford or Hummer. They're 'sold out'. So no, I can't go and buy these other trucks.

'Folding stainless can't be cheaper'. ...Have they not noticed that the price of stainless is much, much less than it used to be? You can get stainless anything, and it doesn't really raise the price much.

'It's not a car'. Do they even drive trucks? Of course you care. It has to stay on the road.

...Why do you need door handles again? *sigh*

They keep saying that they're certain of these things while using the fact that we don't know the exact specs.

...They are right that some guys will find features as 'silly'. I remember once being told to take the colors out of a database entry UI because 'that's more expensive!' ...As if the pixels on their VGA Windows PCs were going to cost more if I used them instead of black and white?

I still think their 'trucks must be serious and this is unusable small toy' is so... How small-minded.

Bleah. What a waste of a half hour.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Deleted member 12457

We all know Tesla is not capable of supplying the entire world's supply of EV trucks. Having other manufacturers will be the only way to get rid of the smelly, toxic ICE vehicles, including trucks. I don't understand why some people just don't get this.

diversion: I can see Ford imploding because of their rancid dealerships overcharging for an ICE truck with an electric motor in it. It would be interesting to see what it's costing Ford to replace CIE components with EV components. Maybe Ford (and Chevy) could survive longer in the aftermarket EV truck conversion business than building a weird almost EV truck. This could be done outside of dealerships allowing current ICE vehicle repair shops to continue to exist. Ford dealerships are price gouging customers. Maybe Ford sells an ICE-stripped F-150 as a "part" to repair shops along with EV components, probably costing the customer much less.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They keep saying that they're certain of these things while using the fact that we don't know the exact specs.
This right here sums up so much of the silliness around the Cybertruck discussion. Big chunks of people, including many here assume that Tesla‘s original roll-out prices were never legit. They think Tesla never intended to deliver remotely what they presented on day 1 and what is going to end up being delivered will be completely alien from what was originally rolled out.

I still think their 'trucks must be serious and this is unusable small toy' is so... How small-minded.
I guess they’ve never seen a Jeep? Or the Ford Raptor?

:rolleyes:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The whole 'but it shouldn't have fart mode' is just silly. They should make a special version of the software that has less features so that it's more business like?

It's like the contract I had complaining that putting their logo in color looked too expensive. They were paying me my minimum! It cost me more time to do it in the greyscale they wanted because none of the templates were in greyscale.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Thanks @Crissa for covering all the same arguments I had with the video. Not only did you get to it first, but you also are a way better wordsmith than I am.

One thing I'd like to elaborate on is they talked about how popular trucks are, but then use the argument that farmers won't like it. Farmers are not the reason trucks are so popular in the US. From my perspective, most (almost all) people I know who drive pickup trucks use them as grocery getters, Home Depot runs, hauling the kids and their hockey equipment to the ice rink and as their daily commuter. Look at an office building parking lot during the work week in Texas or the Midwest and count the truck to car ratio. My CT will be my primary (and only) vehicle. I am not a farmer, construction worker, plumber etc. Since Covid I've been working from home (Have been to the office 5 times in the last ~2 years). If / when I do go back. It's main purpose will be to bring me to the office building where I work.

I was also annoyed about how they went on about how we don't care how trucks handle and implied nobody wants to buy a truck that handles like a car. That argument had been proven false back in the 80's. They started putting softer better suspension on trucks and you would hear people complement their new trucks saying "Wow, it's a truck, but it rides like a car". The RAM pickup didn't get Luxury Vehicle of the year because it "rode like a truck".

Minor point, my CT will be making runs to the gas station to fill up my gas can. I tried electric lawn mowers about 10 years ago and had poor results. I'm sure the new ones will suit my needs and I will try to switch back to electric when my Toro dies. Still haven't seen a decent (10HP or larger equivalent with min. of 30 inch clearing width) sized two stage electric snow blower to replace the gas one I have. I also have a gas leaf blower. I have a 5 gallon can and I need to fill it up less than twice a year. I probably fill it up 3 times in a 2 year period.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried electric lawn mowers about 10 years ago and had poor results.
Well, technology advances!

Robot mowers are getting to the point where they'll take over pretty quick. My friend has one and it's pretty snazzy, tho he's very much the first-guy-with-tech-on-the-block.

You don't really care about the width or power when the robot is doing it when you're not paying attention. Just like the vacuum bots don't need to be powerful to have good results, because they vacuum frequently.

-Crissa
Sponsored