Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Basically, they believe Tesla hasn't said or shown anything to believe. They think Tesla won't have high CT sales because, reasons. They also think Ford will make their Lightning 150k goal, and the CT is too late. 🙄

I'll say it again-When the CT comes out, so many doubters will be eating crow you'll think it's the new chicken. I can't wait to hear what they say when the inevitable finally happens.

Rivian went off-roading, cider blocks weren't in truck bed. Cider blocks were another test.
Tesla Cybertruck TFL Says the Cybertruck Will Flop Rivian R1T off roadin

Tesla Cybertruck TFL Says the Cybertruck Will Flop Rivian R1T | SOff-Roading
Sponsored

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Watched the entire segment on Cybertruck. Other than saying that the wedge design was polarizing, every other “reason” made to the camera juxtaposed to either Rivian, Hummer or FORD.

Takeaway Rivian, Hummer or Ford and they have made no point against Cybertruck success. I’m left unimpressed with TFL reasons as just so much counter-marketing Rivian, Hummer and FORD could never flaunt.

Lastly, telling is that neither presenter could look straight into the camera the entire schtick. One guiltily glanced over betraying a complete unease dumping his presentation in front of a video witness.

It‘s comedy, laughable and not even funny scripted as fortune tellers.

Mike the cyberguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Spark EV
Country flag
Basically, they believe Tesla hasn't said or shown anything to believe. They think Tesla won't have high CT sales because, reasons. They also think Ford will make their Lightning 150k goal, and the CT is too late. 🙄

I'll say it again-When the CT comes out, so many doubters will be eating crow you'll think it's the new chicken. I can't wait to hear what they say when the inevitable finally happens.
Thay are only out to get attention. And brown nosing Ford/GM🙄😚🍑

Deleted member 12457

TFL's mission statement: From the very first second we boot up the computer our goal is to bring you the latest truck news, views and reviews with unflinching honesty, transparency, and credibility.

Check out https://tfltruck.com/team-tfltruck/ to see the three main people have nothing to do with trucks, just cars. They're owned by Road Chasers, a company located in Boulder, CO. It doesn't appear that these people have any technical experience in trucks, they're simply enthusiasts. When I went to the TFL website, Safari/DuckDuckGo showed 22 trackers blocked, almost as bad as youtube.

I'm not judging them, I'm merely stating what I found.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
They are lame to begin with, who watch their crap anyways.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I've never heard of them and have no intention of ever watching their crap. I also do not care who 'wins'. I love the Cybertruck so as long as mine gets made I am fine. You know that bozo, E for Electric? He is also someone I will never pay attention to again, and there are others...taking money from the legacy auto makers to rag on Tesla.
Especially the Bozo, he thinks that VW ID4 is superior to model Y!

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I think TFL is great. They are a very reputable source as it comes to truck testing. Of course I hope they are wrong here is it released to the ct
With quotes like that, he just lost his reputation!

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Ehh, at least their video is short.

Ugh. Hyperinflation? Are these guys millennials? Last year's inflation wasn't higher than '73-'82.

The truck needs a custom camper? So does the Hummer, Rivian, Silverado.

The truck 'has a small bed'? Compared to what? What?

'You can't reach into it!' ...Then they show an image of Franz walking along side it, if it was lowered, he could reach right in. Geez. 'For a gas can'. Gas can? Why would you have a gas can?

*sigh* At least I can still understand them at 2x speed.

...Yes, Elon said they stopped counting at over several hundred thousand orders. They missed that he said more than 250k. The best guess from the spreadsheet is 1 million, not 3 million, guys. They made a fallacy by arguing that extreme number.

...Why won't the truck be sold to a labor trade? *sigh*

'They'll buy these other trucks!' ...There are more reservations for Cybertruck than Fords, and Ford isn't going to fulfill this list for in their best guess two years.

These guys are ignoring the hundreds of thousands of Model Y that Tesla is delivering while Ford is delivering not even a tenth of that.

...I don't want email spam.

You can't buy a Rivian or Ford or Hummer. They're 'sold out'. So no, I can't go and buy these other trucks.

'Folding stainless can't be cheaper'. ...Have they not noticed that the price of stainless is much, much less than it used to be? You can get stainless anything, and it doesn't really raise the price much.

'It's not a car'. Do they even drive trucks? Of course you care. It has to stay on the road.

...Why do you need door handles again? *sigh*

They keep saying that they're certain of these things while using the fact that we don't know the exact specs.

...They are right that some guys will find features as 'silly'. I remember once being told to take the colors out of a database entry UI because 'that's more expensive!' ...As if the pixels on their VGA Windows PCs were going to cost more if I used them instead of black and white?

I still think their 'trucks must be serious and this is unusable small toy' is so... How small-minded.

Bleah. What a waste of a half hour.

-Crissa
The gas can is for ICE truck owner who ran out of gas on the highway!

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Thanks @Crissa for covering all the same arguments I had with the video. Not only did you get to it first, but you also are a way better wordsmith than I am.

One thing I'd like to elaborate on is they talked about how popular trucks are, but then use the argument that farmers won't like it. Farmers are not the reason trucks are so popular in the US. From my perspective, most (almost all) people I know who drive pickup trucks use them as grocery getters, Home Depot runs, hauling the kids and their hockey equipment to the ice rink and as their daily commuter. Look at an office building parking lot during the work week in Texas or the Midwest and count the truck to car ratio. My CT will be my primary (and only) vehicle. I am not a farmer, construction worker, plumber etc. Since Covid I've been working from home (Have been to the office 5 times in the last ~2 years). If / when I do go back. It's main purpose will be to bring me to the office building where I work.

I was also annoyed about how they went on about how we don't care how trucks handle and implied nobody wants to buy a truck that handles like a car. That argument had been proven false back in the 80's. They started putting softer better suspension on trucks and you would hear people complement their new trucks saying "Wow, it's a truck, but it rides like a car". The RAM pickup didn't get Luxury Vehicle of the year because it "rode like a truck".

Minor point, my CT will be making runs to the gas station to fill up my gas can. I tried electric lawn mowers about 10 years ago and had poor results. I'm sure the new ones will suit my needs and I will try to switch back to electric when my Toro dies. Still haven't seen a decent (10HP or larger equivalent with min. of 30 inch clearing width) sized two stage electric snow blower to replace the gas one I have. I also have a gas leaf blower. I have a 5 gallon can and I need to fill it up less than twice a year. I probably fill it up 3 times in a 2 year period.
Look at Snow Jow & Sun Joe, they have electric power equipment that should do the job for you! I bought a 24" 100 volt snow blower, with a 21" 100 volt self propelled lawn mower & now ordered the 100 volt leaf blower! I've owned the snow blower for 3 Canadian winters, the lawn mower for 2 summers, without any problem! Power is incredible!

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I think they have a point? Lol.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think TFL is great. They are a very reputable source as it comes to truck testing. Of course I hope they are wrong here is it released to the ct
Never heard of TFL and don't care!

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
They think Tesla never intended to deliver remotely what they presented on day 1 and what is going to end up being delivered will be completely alien from what was originally rolled out.
This is so common it's almost a default in some places; I see it on Twitter all the time especially - even from Tesla-neutral or Tesla-friendly posters. 'Oh it's just a prototype, the final product won't look remotely like that'.

Well, sad. Guess I'll be cancelling my order if that's the case.

It's ignorant and silly for various obvious reasons, but also a completely baffling mindset that I just can't get my head around.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
This is so common it's almost a default in some places; I see it on Twitter all the time especially - even from Tesla-neutral or Tesla-friendly posters. 'Oh it's just a prototype, the final product won't look remotely like that'.
In their defense, all other OEM's almost* always under deliver when you compare their production vehicle to the prototype. Even when Elon specifically addresses this and says Tesla will make the production vehicle as good as, if not better than the prototype. Humans are slow to accept change.

* Threw the almost in there because I always make sure I never speak in absolutes.
Sponsored