Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Those tires look much larger in diameter than the other prototypes. 2.5 of those tires would be about Franz's height it seems. But they look nicely proportioned to the wheel wells and the size of the rest of the vehicle. On that dusty dirt with those wheel covers it almost looks like it could be driving on Mars. Well except for the other equipment in the background. And Franz isn't gasping for breath.... OK, just my imagination running wild.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Those tires look much larger in diameter than the other prototypes. 2.5 of those tires would be about Franz's height it seems. But they look nicely proportioned to the wheel wells and the size of the rest of the vehicle. On that dusty dirt with those wheel covers it almost looks like it could be driving on Mars. Well except for the other equipment in the background. And Franz isn't gasping for breath.... OK, just my imagination running wild.
By far my favorite wheels. Hopefully they are removable covers though, when Iā€™m off Roading I think Iā€™d rather not risk losing them.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
By far my favorite wheels. Hopefully they are removable covers though, when Iā€™m off Roading I think Iā€™d rather not risk losing them.
as for off-roading, since they overlap the sidewall, they arenā€™t making it too long on the trial

I hate to be a broken record, but a spec I want to hear is if Goodyear is going to actually have a production model version of the prototype tire that ā€œflanges upā€ with these aero covers ā€¦ if a regular tire flat walled or not is even able to ā€˜acceptā€™ those Aeros (they overlap the sidewall)

because I donā€™t think those aero covers will look nearly as good overlapping a flatter side walled tire, or a tire with knobs that donā€™t flange up with the aeros.

but hereā€™s one of the early prototype tires (the one-off tires created by Goodyear)

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 242983AE-5CC1-423A-86CB-C05CFA23BAAE

And here the ones on Franzā€™s truck do appear to be a less aggressive, different but similar design still flanging up with the aeros - possibly a production version?

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo E4DCBC45-3935-4791-9489-86AC6EFA1638

Note the franz truck above is running different tires than even the investor day truck (which are more like the original proto tires)

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 45E728D6-2392-425C-B8AF-715D9F276282

I think the Franz truck tires look much more like a production version AT tire, but still designed with sidewalls that flange with the aero covers

Iā€™m satisfied with calling this one!

as for off-roading, since they overlap the sidewall, they arenā€™t making it too long on the trial

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Those tires look much larger in diameter than the other prototypes. 2.5 of those tires would be about Franz's height it seems.
you think?

because I separately was curious to see this threadā€™s picture next to the alpha from reveal, and while the camera angle is liable to distort the comparison ā€¦

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 0D243861-E4FB-46AA-AACC-760AD37ACB57
Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 97630962-D18E-460C-B358-4412E715D47D

Admitting the angle of the new photo (from slightly above, and from an angle) is likely to make the newer CT appear smaller than the photo of the alpha (level, and dead center), Iā€™m still left feeling the 5% reduction overall is plausible ā€¦ and the tires to be smaller

certainly not left with the impression the newer CT or its tires are bigger

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Those tires look much larger in diameter than the other prototypes
Either this truck is not the same or the other side of it is put together differently.

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 1677764646158

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo 1677764760321

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
If they did indeed shrink the overall size, you are probably right, no 6th seat. Ah well, there are advantages to a smaller overall CT. We will see what the "final" version looks like. Who knows, they may end up making 2 models: the UCT (uber-CT) and the CT ;)

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Sad they took the center front seat out - that's literally a deal breaker for me with my 6 member family :-(
I mean, how much do you really like all your family members?

I felt like I need to say that this was a joke. I was trying to be funny. I'm sorry the Cybertruck won't work for your family. I would hold onto your reservation though on the off chance that by the time your order number comes up, there's a 6th seat option.
Sponsored