Royal Fish

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I've seen a lot of picture's in the last couple years but the fault cover is always open, why do you think that is.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've seen a lot of picture's in the last couple years but the fault cover is always open, why do you think that is.
Well, Beta prototypes tend to focus on specific things. That means features can be missing.

Either they're skipping on parts, or consider it a solved problem, or they're waiting on parts... lots of reasons.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Unless they are testing the truck’s range or something specific about the vault, it’s an unnecessary component. It’s likely they haven’t even installed a cover on all of them.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to drive around with it closed. Personally I'll probably have the cover open most of the time.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to drive around with it closed. Personally I'll probably have the cover open most of the time.
I'm curious why?

I'd probably drive around with it closed for efficiency gains (if any) and to keep the bed dry (preference, as I hate having water pooled in Tacoma when the drain ports clog).

So I'm curious what the significant gain to driving mainly with it open might be?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
True, apart from below, all other pics I have on file has tonneau open. Keeping in mind, most pics are from the side.

I would venture to guess, it is nicer to drive with a clear back window. But with stuff in the back, that can't last.

Tesla Cybertruck Vault cover always open in photos 1658324492461

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Recently we saw inside a prototype, no camera rear view feature. I’m assuming they indeed do not have vaults on many of the trucks they’re driving around right now. I’d doubt it’s still being engineered as much as it’s just one less thing to be messed up / they don’t wanna show the full hand.
If the vault cover were there, they’d need that video rear view in the truck.

hopefully we get some nugget today at earnings. Unlikely but would be nice. 4680’s. Factory shots. Anything :)

Deleted member 12457

Maybe in southern CA but not in the Pacific Northwest. I have a Diamondback HD tonneau cover on my Tacoma and the only time it's off is when I'm carrying something oversize or gravel, dirt, etc. I store things in my bed and I'd rather have them stay there instead of being removed byt someone else. I plan on doing the same with my CT.

Deleted member 12457

I can do the same thing on my Diamondback tonneau cover as well as load one ATM (short bed so two won't fit). It's rated at 1600 lbs and I doubt the CT tonneau cover will allow that much weight on it but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised! With the attachments along the top edge of the bed side and roof, a roof rack should be sitting on the cover, which mine does. I wish someone could take a photo of those attachment locations when they're open to see what they are.
Sponsored