Vault cover always open in photos

Deleted member 12457

Needing a rear view mirror is not the same as it not being blocked by doors or cargo box. You ever notice u-hauls have rear view mirrors?

-Crissa
Are you saying UHaul trucks have rear view mirrors? If so, I have driven plenty and I don't remember the larger trucks having them. I checked UHaul's website and they say this:

Compared to your standard car, a moving truck has no rear view mirror in the middle of the dashboard.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don't think a rear view mirror is a requirement by law anywhere in the United States. In many/most? states only the driver's side mirror is required by law.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
California, left side mirror plus rear view or left and right side mirrors. Enforcing is another matter.
In Vermont no mirrors are required unless you are towing. They also do not require clothing in public, however taking off clothes in public is illegal.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
California, left side mirror plus rear view or left and right side mirrors. Enforcing is another matter.
Back in 89, I had a motorcycle cop driving between lanes in stopped traffic on the freeway, notice the lack of drivers side mirror. He pulled me over and went through all his normal routine trying to find more things to write up on the ticket. He wrote me up for the mirror, and not having current proof of insurance. So, like a lot of laws. This can be used for fishing.

BTW the reason I didn't have the mirror, was because it had broken when a windsurfing mast fell off my rack. Here's a photo of my Subaru fully loaded in Baja before it lost the mirror. I guess from this perspective it was quite noticeable when the mirror was missing. :)

Tesla Cybertruck Vault cover always open in photos 82subi

Deleted member 12457

Back in 89, I had a motorcycle cop driving between lanes in stopped traffic on the freeway, notice the lack of drivers side mirror. He pulled me over and went through all his normal routine trying to find more things to write up on the ticket. He wrote me up for the mirror, and not having current proof of insurance. So, like a lot of laws. This can be used for fishing.

BTW the reason I didn't have the mirror, was because it had broken when a windsurfing mast fell off my rack. Here's a photo of my Subaru fully loaded in Baja before it lost the mirror. I guess from this perspective it was quite noticeable when the mirror was missing. :)

82subi.jpg
Should have been just a fixit ticket but you're supposed to carry proof of insurance in CA and they can ask for this with a very noticeable infraction. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Even if the mirror is required, truck caps and loads can block the mirrors view legally. I seriously doubt the Cybertruck will be required to drive with the vault open.
I agree, I also see vans and work vans everyday around our city and adjacent cities as well and I see so many with Solid rear doors. (No windows) .

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Damn it soooooo 🥵!!!
damn I love being able to press keep and come back to a cool vehicle!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Beat me to it !

Terry Sullivan

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Occupation
Art Administrator
Country flag
Recently we saw inside a prototype, no camera rear view feature. I’m assuming they indeed do not have vaults on many of the trucks they’re driving around right now. I’d doubt it’s still being engineered as much as it’s just one less thing to be messed up / they don’t wanna show the full hand.
If the vault cover were there, they’d need that video rear view in the truck.

hopefully we get some nugget today at earnings. Unlikely but would be nice. 4680’s. Factory shots. Anything :)
The truck will/must have either rearview mirrors or cameras or both. It is not necessary to be able to see out of the back window in pick up trucks and many block this with the load or an add on.
Sponsored