wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Really only an issue for those that got their preorder in on launch day or maybe up to a couple days later. Those that were later won't get delivered till the initial questions and looky-loos have died down quite a bit.
Highly disagree. I think people are going to be oogling this for a long time, several years at least, especially in more rural areas.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Highly disagree. I think people are going to be oogling this for a long time, several years at least, especially in more rural areas.
I don't think we disagree here. I made my preorder less than 2 weeks from launch and I am supposedly above 250k in line. It is most likely going to take more than 2 years from first delivery till I get mine.

I've been through the experience of having a very early production vehicle that was widely ogled before. And the questions / ogling died down WAY before 250k of them were delivered. The CT is more distinctive but even then I think by the time I get mine, much of the hype will have died down.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
I don't think we disagree here. I made my preorder less than 2 weeks from launch and I am supposedly above 250k in line. It is most likely going to take more than 2 years from first delivery till I get mine.

I've been through the experience of having a very early production vehicle that was widely ogled before. And the questions / ogling died down WAY before 250k of them were delivered. The CT is more distinctive but even then I think by the time I get mine, much of the hype will have died down.
FWIW: I have a ~75k produced Model S and I definitely got looks/questions for the first 3-4 years of ownership. I *still* get people who don't know what Tesla is (?) and they are everywhere (where I live).

cyberwulf

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still Waiting
Country flag
1694723738517.png

rear bulkhead design has changed significantly. and it's now glossy? what material is that?

new tie-down hardware.

tie-down deleted to the right of rear window

and there's the bed's ambient/task lighting strip (to mirror the interior design)
I hope the bed is 4' wide, the slanting side panels suggest not?

Problem with (most?) all mid size trucks, is being just under makes loading 4x8 sheets difficult, the CT being somewhere between mid and full size, I shall be hopeful

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

Problem with (most?) all mid size trucks, is being just under makes loading 4x8 sheets difficult, the CT being somewhere between mid and full size, I shall be hopeful
Rough measures from photos suggest over 4’

Plus, I simply can’t imagine Tesla missing that mark

they would have limited the rear wheel steer angle before they would go narrower than 4’ at the bed floor

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I didn't realise being blocked meant you can't see their posts as well, I thought it just meant she can't see your posts?

But can't you just sign out to see them again? Weird setup.
totally weird setup, because yes if i were to sign out i could see her posts

but logged in, not only do i not see her posts, I can't see that someone is responding/quoting one of her posts - it instead shows up as though the responding person is simply making a fresh post

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
totally weird setup, because yes if i were to sign out i could see her posts

but logged in, not only do i not see her posts, I can't see that someone is responding/quoting one of her posts - it instead shows up as though the responding person is simply making a fresh post
That's the best setup.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
FWIW: I have a ~75k produced Model S and I definitely got looks/questions for the first 3-4 years of ownership. I *still* get people who don't know what Tesla is (?) and they are everywhere (where I live).
I got the 28 K model 3 in June of 2018, was a second day reservation holder on April 1, 2016 and they first started deliveries in July of 2017.

Not too bad considering production hell of the M3, hopefully the CT will be better.

I got the 28 k model 3 in June of 2018 and placed an order on the second day, April 1, 2016.

Not too bad considering they started deliveries in July of 2017 and the notorious production hell of the M3. Hopefully the CT goes smoother.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
It drops at least 2 inches
Are you trolling?
No, I'm not trolling. I didn't see the difference. I thought being adaptive, it would move faster.

I went back and watched the video. I suppose it did drop a noticeable amount. I was just thinking it would be more, a bit quicker, and less noisy.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
glad to see they ditched the hub caps- those things are dangerous. I have two sets (winter and summer) of the standard steel rims on my M3 and use the areo wheel covers in the winter and the hub covers in the summer- it took them a couple of years to come up with them.

Tesla Cybertruck Video: Cybertruck Vents Air Suspension Pressure While Lowering! 💨 + Close Look at Bed Vault! 1694788167307

Also glad to see that there is some sort of plastic lining covering the bed and a good shot of the back window. The first thing I always do with a new pickup is buy a bed liner, hopefully this comes standard.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just dropping in to remind everyone of the German word for "exit" ..... : "Ausfahrt"
Funny story... My first time in Germany, we are driving on some highway and I keep seeing the signs for Ausfahrt... After a few signs, I though "Man, this must be a pretty big city we're passing..."

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Wait... Even Ford's smallest truck, the Maverick, has more than a 4' wide bed. What trucks don't?

EDIT: The Maverick is only 4' wide for plywood above the wheel wells but they use a dual-position Tailgate to limit the difficulty of carrying sheets of plywood.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Do they still stare at your car while driving by? And end up off the road because they were no longer watching where they were going? At the beginning, that happens. It dies down from there.
Sponsored