Predicted Cybertruck Pricing

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
just don't see Tesla selling any model of the Cybertruck for cheaper than a Model Y.
Tesla will most likely slot Cybertruck pricing between the Model Y and Model S.
The original prices of the single and dual motor CT at the reveal were less than the Model Y.

Plus the fact that it‘s possible the Model Y price will drop again before CT is released.

https://electrek.co/2020/07/11/tesla-model-y-price-drop/

(Stumbled across that when searching price of brand new Model Y in 2019)
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
The only winning move is for them to honor pricing at announcement since the media will run with every drop of fud they can if there is a hike.

On second thought, maybe that's fine because then we can all go buy more TSLA stock at the dip.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just don't see Tesla selling any model of the Cybertruck for cheaper than a Model Y. Hopefully at the Q4 Earnings Call we hear that pricing stays roughly the same as was mentioned at the reveal, but I just don't think that's going to happen.
The base Cybertruck was significantly cheaper than the Model Y when announced.

The AWD Cybertruck was roughly the same price as the AWD Model Y as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Would love to hear your thoughts.
There are lots of opinions about pricing changes.

My feeling. The prices were difficult to believable at launch. Tesla is making a play to own the light truck market.

They might wiggle a bit, but they want to own this market and price is key here for a lot of people.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I just don't see Tesla selling any model of the Cybertruck for cheaper than a Model Y. Hopefully at the Q4 Earnings Call we hear that pricing stays roughly the same as was mentioned at the reveal, but I just don't think that's going to happen.
I foresee the Model Y price dropping in the somewhat near future because:

1. Texas produced volume (less pressure for supply/demand)
2. Gigcasting on both front and rear (cost savings)
3. 4680 Cells (cost savings)
4. Structural battery pack (cost savings)

Model Y prices are artificially inflated due to the inability to produce them fast enough and to dissuade some customers who might get angry waiting for long durations. With the Model Y being first produced model out of TX, this will allow availability and volume to increase before the CT hits the market.

Once the above occurs, I see the price parity between the Model Y and the CT not being such an issue.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Dual AWD 300 mile = $60k
Dual AWD 500 mile = $75k
Quad Plaid 500 mile = $105k
4ws is the biggest improvement since reveal. If all models come with it my guess would be.

RWD $44,900
AWD $57,900
AWD LR $64,900 (PLEASE!!)
CT3 $78,900
Plaid quad $ 104,900

I get the argument that if the forum consensus demands zero escalation maybe we can achieve it. I just don't think it is realistic, especially if we want volume.

Telsa will still be the price and performance leader with all trims by a wide margin.

This is basically 12% increase across the board (7% considering the value of 4ws at $3000) with super high margin on the Plaid. The public will understand that a certain amount of inflation given COVID is expected.

Elon is a genius. His goal of rapid adoption of EV has almost already been achieved without a single production CT. We have the big 3 promising EV trucks and factories are being built. The initial pricing was genius, the attention getting design was genius. He raised the anti and they folded to come back and play another day. Was he bluffing at the initial pricing? I guess we will see.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I get the argument that if the forum consensus demands zero escalation maybe we can achieve it. I just don't think it is realistic, especially if we want volume.
Mostly it's just that there is no point worrying about bugbears (things which are just invented to scare you). Any speculation about price changes is just that... speculation. Lots of people tossing around comments about huge increases being inevitable when it is just speculation. Your comment doesn't bother me a bit.

The Cybertruck was launched with priced competitive with ICE and the base truck was comparable to own than an ICE F-150. The AWD Cybertruck was comparable in cost to a 4WD F-150 with 4 proper doors Those facts are what got a lot of us onboard.

I mentioned previously, original pricing was hard to believe. I think that intention will be preserved.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
My prediction:

Single: Axed
Dual: $50k (though I fear $60k could be likely if based on supply/demand)
Quad: $80k
Plaid: $120k

I always expected $10k over for each trim ever since what was announced at the presentation, which is reasonable given the added features and different market conditions.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If they axe the base model and increase the cost of the AWD version, then the 15% or so people who signed up for the base truck end up paying extra… or more.

Its a bad look.
If they raid the price of the Dual, that would be a price raise on over half of all reservations.

A really bad look.

-Crissa
Sponsored