Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do you really believe a Model S has the same fit/finish, quietness, or quality of a Mercedes? If you do, there's no amount of references that will convince you.
I NEVER CLAIMED THIS.

This is your strawman, you built with a torch in your other hand.
Sponsored

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
Also, I love how you pirouette from

To now:

You apparently realized how untenable your original comment was so now you are trying to move the goalposts and inject claims that other people didn’t make.
Funny that you picked out that and skipped the next portion. No goal post were moved, you just didn't read it.

I've owned many cars and Teslas, all 3 I've owned and the 7 or 8 others I've been in, have rattles. I dislike them, so I typically fix them. They are much worse in the 3/Y than the S, but none are quiet cars...The S makes noises when the air suspension changes, the windows go up and down, there's body flex from driving off a curb. They don't have the absolute quietness of a Mercedes or even a BMW, but they never advertised that they did.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
*everyone inside one echo-chamber*: "DONT LISTEN TO ECHO-CHAMBERS"

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More anecdotes. Yay.
So if a large % of Tesla owners are reporting it, it's still anecdotal. What makes it not? If the media reports it?

This isn't a strawman?

showmemo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 M3P, 2000 M Roadster, XC 40, TriMotor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Below are twenty videos posted about rattle problems with the Model 3 or Model Y.

These videos all were posted within the last year and there are actually more than this, so these "complaints are (Not) very old" at all.

It's great that in your ownership you're having no such issues, but I wouldn't assume that all other ownership experiences are exactly like your own.

NVH prevention measures do not need to be totally re-invented with each new model, as Tesla has had time to gain some real experience with it by now. My previous post was expressing hope that Tesla will thoroughly test their NVH mitigation measures as much as possible in the Cybertruck prior to production ramp up.

If one has the attitude that Tesla should leave it up to the early buyers to find such defects and rattles, then they should not be working at Tesla. Of course a small number of issues may elude pre-production testing, which is why I emphasized hope for thorough testing before production ramp in the first place. The aim is to mitigate or keep such issues away from the owner experience as much as possible.

- ÆCIII
I would caution using Youtube videos as a source since the content creators have ulterior motives - clicks. Any video with 'Tesla' in the title will get a lot of looks.. and if it is negative, it will get even more. 2 years with my M3P and it has been quite good. Not one warranty repair needed.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I NEVER CLAIMED THIS.

This is your strawman, you built with a torch in your other hand.
No. You cited Mercedes and BMW warranty cost vs. Teslas and claimed that Tesla is better made. That's a ridiculous leap. It's not...I said it shouldn't be expected in my first post.

But it is an issue. Rattles, poor fit and finish, poor paint are all common complaints from Tesla owners. Do you deny this?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So if a large % of Tesla owners are reporting it, it's still anecdotal. What makes it not? If the media reports it?
What is your source for this idea that it is a large percentage?

The media loves to take anecdotes and blow them up. Or are you suggesting there are rampant fire issues with the Rivian now? Because the media reported that one Rivian fire.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is your source for this idea that it is a large percentage?

The media loves to take anecdotes and blow them up. Or are you suggesting there are rampant fire issues with the Rivian now? Because the media reported that one Rivian fire.
Owner's stories. Rejects. SC employees and Mobile Techs that post.

There are numerous reports per day on various social media platforms and even with the low % of owners that will speak either way, it's something that's still occurring on a regular basis. Something that isn't reported, en masse, from other manufacturers.

I agree with Cybergus that dealerships play a large role in being able to correct these issues before presenting to potential customers, but Tesla isn't. The end user is being presented cars with these issues on a frequent basis, so it's not resolved.

Rivian has also had a large uptick in the same issue. As Elon said, as you start making things faster, quality control is much more difficult.

Is this not sufficient to say it's not made up? I don't even read the things from the media as discussed in that Rivian thread. This is from disgruntled owners...and some of them are over sensitive, but these weren't created out of thin are and are sticking around because they persist. Is that not fair? Not to mention I've had the same issues with 3 different Teslas, so obviously I'm more sympathetic to the stories on the various mediums.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apparently you are making shit up and attributing it to me now?

1686168169476.png
Ok. I see you are just trolling.

I figured you were actually trying to have a discussion. Carry on.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Owner's stories. Rejects. SC employees and Mobile Techs that post.
WHAT PERCENTAGE!!!???!!

You’ve painted this broad picture of endemic problems, and said “a large percentage”, but you have no basis for either claim. You can go to any vehicle owner forum and see owners talking about issues, that’s literally what the forums are for.

But that doesn’t give you any idea of what percentage of owners are having issues.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What in the fuck are you even about?

I get that you love arguing, but this is just trash.
Right.

Saying I'm clearly making shit up and attributing it to you when I quoted my own post isn't combative at all.

You have no intentions of having an actual conversation.

Everything is anecdotal, regardless of the volume. You are half reading what I'm saying and picking out lines out of context.

It's pointless.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LOL.

I’m not the one playing weird ass edit games trying to “WIN” here.
You know you can click the quote button and it will take you to the post where I originally said it, right?

Try it.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know that when I was confused by your first post you could have said “I screwed up the attribution” right?

Try it sometime.
You don't think it's confrontational and completely out of context to think I was referring to something you said?

You barely read the things you are "debating" and pick out random lines out of context to attempt to attack. It doesn't help you win arguments, just makes you look like a illiterate dick.

Even after all of that, I attempted to have a conversation about this and you just continue to be a troll.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
EDIT: For anyone else on this thread. I removed a bunch of posts. Just random back and forth based on a confusing post by @uscbucsfan which he has since corrected.

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would caution using Youtube videos as a source since the content creators have ulterior motives - clicks. Any video with 'Tesla' in the title will get a lot of looks.. and if it is negative, it will get even more. 2 years with my M3P and it has been quite good. Not one warranty repair needed.
So I assume both of you caution against viewing or using Sandy Munro and Tesla for references as well, since they have Youtube channels.

For your information, I personally experienced rattles and know two other owners who have as well, and none of us are youtubers. We merely searched youtube to find ways to locate and fix them, and the videos were very helpful. I didn't have to subscribe or even give them any likes for traction either.

These videos were by people who mostly love their Teslas, and wanted to be helpful in solving these isolated minor problems. Of course there is some shallow driven youtube creators and content out there, but most people I've seen on this forum are intelligent enough to evaluate content as they watch, instead of stereotyping in general with a broad brush as you and @Jhodgesatmb have done.

For you to be blindly prejudice against Tesla youtubers as a whole, is actually an insult to the Tesla community. With such oppressively stereotypical behavior, everyone would be just as well advised to be cautious viewing your content or using you as a reference as well.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored