Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Again, Tesla vehicles outnumber by 3:1 all other EVs, and stil over 10:1 the nearest single BEV delivered last year. They're also owned by a much more tech-savvy and affluent group, so more ability to even complain on the internet. And then on top of that, you have the Tesla name drawing clicks.

And no, statistics are not anecdotes.

...And as Ogre was saying, Tesla was being compared against cars with higher prices, in the luxury category, while cars priced lower than Tesla don't get the same attention to their paint, fit, or finish. So you can't compare the complaints like Consumer Reports did, you end up with apples to oranges.

And on top of all that, BEVs have a much lower noise floor. So creaks and rattles are even more noticeable.

Lastly, 'Tesla has quality issues' contradicts all the people doing iterative reviews of the product.

Which do you put more stock in? Iterative hands-on reviews or anecdotes?

-Crissa
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I would just like to point out that it has been just over 2 weeks, and we have yet to see any Cybertrucks appearing out of Giga Texas.

BTW, I wasn't expecting to be seeing them any time soon. But MAN am I looking forward to that happening.

BRING ON THE CYBERTRUCK!!!

showmemo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 M3P, 2000 M Roadster, XC 40, TriMotor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I assume both of you caution against viewing or using Sandy Munro and Tesla for references as well, since they have Youtube channels.

For your information, I personally experienced rattles and know two other owners who have as well, and none of us are youtubers. We merely searched youtube to find ways to locate and fix them, and the videos were very helpful. I didn't have to subscribe or even give them any likes for traction either.

These videos were by people who mostly love their Teslas, and wanted to be helpful in solving these isolated minor problems. Of course there is some shallow driven youtube creators and content out there, but most people I've seen on this forum are intelligent enough to evaluate content as they watch, instead of stereotyping in general with a broad brush as you and @Jhodgesatmb have done.

For you to be blindly prejudice against Tesla youtubers as a whole, is actually an insult to the Tesla community. With such oppressively stereotypical behavior, everyone would be just as well advised to be cautious viewing your content or using you as a reference as well.

- ÆCIII
Wow... I simply stated a fact. I made no specific judgements. My M3P has been near perfect for a few years and 30K miles. My experience has obviously been better than yours. Just lucky, I guess.

I certainly believe that some will have issues/rattles/etc. I had a new Ford F150 that needed a new motor at 600 miles... things happen. I didn't expect Ford to dig into their manufacturing/assembly line to determine why it wasn't perfect.

As far as Munro, etc, I only take their videos for what they are, entertainment/sales pitches. They are simply a way for them to make money or somehow further their own lives/careers.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
So I assume both of you caution against viewing or using Sandy Munro and Tesla for references as well, since they have Youtube channels.

For your information, I personally experienced rattles and know two other owners who have as well, and none of us are youtubers. We merely searched youtube to find ways to locate and fix them, and the videos were very helpful. I didn't have to subscribe or even give them any likes for traction either.

These videos were by people who mostly love their Teslas, and wanted to be helpful in solving these isolated minor problems. Of course there is some shallow driven youtube creators and content out there, but most people I've seen on this forum are intelligent enough to evaluate content as they watch, instead of stereotyping in general with a broad brush as you and @Jhodgesatmb have done.

For you to be blindly prejudice against Tesla youtubers as a whole, is actually an insult to the Tesla community. With such oppressively stereotypical behavior, everyone would be just as well advised to be cautious viewing your content or using you as a reference as well.

- ÆCIII
I did not deny the issues you raised at all, and I said so. I only challenge the media sources like CR and TMC that are ‘not’ individuals and appear to have an institutional bias. As for Munro I do trust trust them as long as they are talking about vehicle tear downs and manufacturing efficiency. If they have talked about the kind of issues you raised, in the past 2 years, I have missed it (and I watch all of their tear down videos).

you take my comments as though I have had no issues with my Teslas but that is not the case. I have had issues with their tires and with their ADAS, but they are not serious compared to other vehicle issues I have had (and mentioned earlier).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Two weeks from what?

-Crissa
Come on Crissa, I would never have guessed I'd have to Sirfun-splain this comment to U. :ROFLMAO:

But, here goes. It's been over 2 weeks since the OP posted this thread with the headline
Cybertruck production starting next week

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
EDIT: For anyone else on this thread. I removed a bunch of posts. Just random back and forth based on a confusing post by @uscbucsfan which he has since corrected.
k. but my cybertruck is rattling. /s

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Come on Crissa, I would never have guessed I'd have to Sirfun-splain this comment to U. :ROFLMAO:

But, here goes. It's been over 2 weeks since the OP posted this thread with the headline
Cybertruck production starting next week
But that's not how two weeks works... It wasn't a date Elon said.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
But that's not how two weeks works... It wasn't a date Elon said.

-Crissa
This thread had been WAY off course earlier in the day. And I was trying to steer conversation back on course. You're right, 2 weeks go by very quickly. And Elon had nothing to do with this.

But one of these days Alice, TO THE MOON!!
Cybertrucks everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It's been over 2 weeks since the OP posted this thread with the headline
to be fair, I don’t think that was OPs phrasing - I believe Admin changed the title

OP’s claim was that it was starting in June

since at that time June 1 was a week away, admin took some liberties:ROFLMAO:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I would just like to point out that it has been just over 2 weeks, and we have yet to see any Cybertrucks appearing out of Giga Texas.

BTW, I wasn't expecting to be seeing them any time soon. But MAN am I looking forward to that happening.

BRING ON THE CYBERTRUCK!!!
I think that the anxiety levels are only increasing as the time gets nearer. I almost don’t even want to participate, no offense to anyone intended. Will it stop when we see the first GA BIW? I wonder. Yesterday a folding machine was delivered to GA and as far as I can tell no one here even mentioned it despite being great news :-(

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think that the anxiety levels are only increasing as the time gets nearer. I almost don’t even want to participate, no offense to anyone intended. Will it stop when we see the first GA BIW? I wonder. Yesterday a folding machine was delivered to GA and as far as I can tell no one here even mentioned it despite being great news :-(
I agree 3 1/2 years has taken it's toll. At this point the only great news I'm interested in is Cybertrucks taking up spaces in the parking lot. Or at least some kind of official announcement. Remember, over the years all the vague Twitter texts about timelines and final designs, that didn't amount to anything.
The reveal felt official, with specs, prices, and dates of production. But not any more. 3 1/2 years of crumbs has made me hungry. Lets get on with the main dish!!!!

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'll be glad when they get to a point of doing an updated reveal, and updating the Cybertruck pages on the Tesla web site, hopefully with detailed specs and dimensions.

The Cybertruck web pages are among the most stale in my browser cache right now.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored