ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
"Cybertruck production continues obvious ramp up, possibly near 900-1,000 weekly rate now! New Cybertruck path through new EOL in operation! Many on the N, E & S sides of the W EOL facility & many more in W outbound lot & E testing lot. Cybertrucks also now using testing track on W side of EOL. 1/2"

Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I think that's too optimistic but I'll wait to see his video tonight to see what he's going by. We'd need to be seeing far less vehicles getting staged during the week and far more in outbound for that to be true. At most I figure we were at 630 per week actually shipping (the only important metric). And vin assignments have been way down this week, so I just don't know that I see it. Outbound yesterday had ~30 trucks. Far from the 150 that we'd need to see to actually hit 1000 units per week.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Hmmm, yet VIN assignment is incredibly weak...

I wonder if they are changing how VINs are assigned or something ... maybe they want to stage a bunch of them at delivery centers and then have them assigned there for quick vin to delivery...

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm, yet VIN assignment is incredibly weak...

I wonder if they are changing how VINs are assigned or something ... maybe they want to stage a bunch of them at delivery centers and then have them assigned there for quick vin to delivery...
This theory has been going around for 2 months now, and it hasn't been true. As of 3/18 I can tell you for sure they are not deliberately waiting on vin assignments until trucks are at/near the destination. Not in Ohio.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
This theory has been going around for 2 months now, and it hasn't been true. As of 3/18 I can tell you for sure they are not deliberately waiting on vin assignments until trucks are at/near the destination. Not in Ohio.
Hmm maybe they changed or added a delay to when the VIN gets attached to a Tesla account and shows in the app.

I am just finding it difficult to believe with all the production this week, how there could be so little activity for vin assignments for people on this forum and on X.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm maybe they changed or added a delay to when the VIN gets attached to a Tesla account and shows in the app.

I am just finding it difficult to believe with all the production this week, how there could be so little activity for vin assignments for people on this forum and on X.
there were 3 vins assigned yesterday. There were 30 trucks in outbound. that matches perfectly with the 1:10 assumption. I'm not seeing the production that is being claimed for this week. Looks normal/weak so far.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
900-1,000 trucks per week? I’m highly skeptical of that number.

The assembly plant would need to be cranking out 3,600-4,000 doors per week to support the assembly line.

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
Perhaps these trucks are part of the early delivery for long term shareholder event. That would explain low vin assignment

WenssCT88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
There is absolutely no way the numbers are that low. You think over half of foundation reservation order holders have an account and registered on this site?! Zero chance. At best, *maybe* 10-15% are registered on here. I’m a day one reservation holder and I’m not registered. 4/5 of my friends/family who also have early reservations had never even heard of this website, and zero of them are registered.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
900 unit for one weak means 45k per year, I doubt it.
Sponsored