Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Those with late reservations should hang tight. It all depends on the newly revised MSRP's that aren't released yet.

If they are within $10k of the originally announced MSRP's I think most buyers will follow through with a purchase. Greater than $25k and I see substantial cancellations.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
Im not sure why you think they are doing factory pickups but id be absolutely shocked if they make 10% of that this year
Yeah. That's what Im guessing. Not to mention first ones will go to employee's then influencers then a delay then a couple to us regular people. Me thinks another delay till August or September then less than 10,000 for the rest of the year. Get the hype up for awhile then start ramping production in February and March 2024. But that's just me. I just have a weird feeling that they are going to be $100,000+ coming out the gate for a good while. That would put me off the list.

Last edited:

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
The big news in the earnings was:
More Beta Cybertrucks are coming next month.
That's what we should be talking about.

!!! NOT !!!!

Not yet.
When we see the beta prototypes, there will be something to talk about. The wipers are still vaporware Maybe we get a peek inside the frunk or sail pillar compartment
When we can get close enough to crawl all over the damn thing, then the conversation really starts. That's when the real questions start to get answered. How thick is the steel, really? What parts are stainless and which are not? How will the mirrors be removable without leaving a shadow mark? Does the extended tailgate ramp really take weight without bending and becoming stuck? And on and on and on.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Serious Question, no troll. Does anyone think that the reservation number really means that much? I mean I am number 270 in the the tracker (before the BS with the quad motor fake entries, now it says 600). I personally do not think it means that much. I believe Tesla will reach out to local reservation around Austin first (I am in Fremont), which could be the first 1000 or so vehicles. I would imagine after that a lot of back door handshakes and employee vehicles (maybe a couple of thousand more). Then who knows how they will adhere to reservation numbers... it could be some sort of loose relationship with reservation but not likely it will be anywhere close to sequential IMO.
I dont think it means much at all. More important # is the Order #. Then you will have abetter idea when you will be getting it.

M. Ralston

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
40,000 order numbers, which is where I get mine. Just wondering if I should book a flight for this Christmas to pick it up.
Tesla will still charge you the full delivery fee…between $1200-$1500. I was hoping to do the same thing until I heard about the fee.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I'm around 400,000 in line.
I'm guessing late 2024 for mine but would be happy if it was built sooner.
One plus on being that far down is most of the production bugs should be worked out of it.
The other plus it that I should only have two vehicle payments to make and the other month to month bills.
My goal is to have my solar power system installed (it's my demo unit from when I was in the business) along with my home charger.
I'm pushing 70 so the sooner the better.

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
In my experience from the dealer world. All states pay the same delivery fee even if you’re 5 miles from the factory or thousands of miles. The only exception I saw was Hawaii which was an extra $50. Keeps the prices the same for everyone. Regional incentives would vary but that’s not the case for Tesla.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Tesla will still charge you the full delivery fee…between $1200-$1500. I was hoping to do the same thing until I heard about the fee.
To be clear I need to fly from Australia to pickup the CT, I wasn't implying that I would "pick it up" from the factory, even though I might. Rather I'm trying to schedule this year for traveling purposes, as I would like to pickup the CT and tour the USA a bit at the same time.

Last edited:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Those with late reservations should hang tight. It all depends on the newly revised MSRP's that aren't released yet.

If they are within $10k of the originally announced MSRP's I think most buyers will follow through with a purchase. Greater than $25k and I see substantial cancellations.
Upto $20K above 2019 price is forseeable.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Upto $20K above 2019 price is forseeable.
Up to $5k below 2019 prices after rebates.

IRA brings cell costs way down. Tesla enjoys the tax credit for making the cells. Bumps the price by $2,500, and they split the benefit of the consumers credit with the buyer.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I don't see how Elon can start driving around in a beta/pre-production vehicle without Tesla doing a production release/unveiling event first. I mean I don't want to see the final truck design for the first time just being driven around Boca Chica or something. I'd like to see it on stage with all details shown off.

Also.... this needs to happen ---> Franz should open the event and introduce the production truck, it's then driven out on stage, the door opens, and Yi Long Ma gets out of the driver seat!

"Hi! Everyone! *smacks front hood of Cybertruck* I'm Yi Long Ma! Cybertruck! Cybertruck! Cybertruck!"

Then Elon should get out of the passenger side for a side-by-side photo op.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't see how Elon can start driving around in a beta/pre-production vehicle without Tesla doing a production release/unveiling event first. I mean I don't want to see the final truck design for the first time just being driven around Boca Chica or something. I'd like to see it on stage with all details shown off.

Also.... this needs to happen ---> Franz should open the event and introduce the production truck, it's then driven out on stage, the door opens, and Yi Long Ma gets out of the driver seat!

"Hi! Everyone! *smacks front hood of Cybertruck* I'm Yi Long Ma! Cybertruck! Cybertruck! Cybertruck!"

Then Elon should get out of the passenger side for a side-by-side photo op.
Why would anyone want to see the Elon Musk doppelgänger?

I’d give it a full 80% chance we’ll see a beta truck at the event. Not sure on specs/ pricing. I do think the chances of some kind of Cybertruck unveil or specs have gone up a bit, maybe a 30% chance.

At this point, releasing pricing would be a huge spoiler for GM/ Ford now that they’ve revealed their hands.