Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
The Tesla Semi is capable of hauling 82,000 lbs with ONLY three motors!!! Why would Tesla make a Tri-Motor CyberTruck, much less a Quad-Motor version?!? Elon loves to say "The best part is no part" so why wouldn't he demand that his engineers eliminate the need for superfluous drive motors?

Each Semi Motor is capable of pushing 27,000 lbs up a 6% grade. A Dual-Motor CyberTruck that weighed 50% more than a Hummer EV would still be able to tow* nearly 40,000 lbs!!! Only a boastful idiot would pay for a Tri-Motor CyberTruck. 😉

*I know that getting the weight of the trailer moving is not what tow ratings are based on. It's the stopping, cornering, and not overheating that usually limit the CGVTW. But a dual motor CT could tow at least 14,000 lbs. 🤔
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Dual Motor Cybertruck will most likely slot in between the Model Y and the Model S.

My guess is that Elon‘s directive to his design and engineering team were to keep the CT part numbers low, ensure the specs are best in class and make it easy to manufacture.
so that's between 75k and 120K....ouch.....the price will not be anywhere the reveal night pricing......but its hard to believe they cant give us something to go on........someone said that a lot of the part components are already being made indicating the design is frozen, but still we are kept in the dark

someone also reported that the giga press ship landed last month in Houston but doesn't appear anything has arrived in Austin yet.........maybe parts been delivered durning the night so we cant see.....I just dont see anything being delivered is the next 10-18 months.......by that time a lot more options will be available and at a lower cost......but then again, it wont be a CyberTruck........its like the Marine Corps.......hurry up and wait

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Tesla Semi is capable of hauling 82,000 lbs with ONLY three motors!!! Why would Tesla make a Tri-Motor CyberTruck, much less a Quad-Motor version?!? Elon loves to say "The best part is no part" so why wouldn't he demand that his engineers eliminate the need for superfluous drive motors?

Each Semi Motor is capable of pushing 27,000 lbs up a 6% grade. A Dual-Motor CyberTruck that weighed 50% more than a Hummer EV would still be able to tow* nearly 40,000 lbs!!! Only a boastful idiot would pay for a Tri-Motor CyberTruck. 😉

*I know that getting the weight of the trailer moving is not what tow ratings are based on. It's the stopping, cornering, and not overheating that usually limit the CGVTW. But a dual motor CT could tow at least 14,000 lbs. 🤔
well I signed up for a Tri-motor...then it went to quad with elimination of the single motor......Tri- motor first, the higher priced quad became first......then back to Try.....who really knows.....its a guessing game......but I would gladly take a dual motor over the tri-motor but the range would have to be at least 425 miles....I wont be pulling anything but will load up for camping

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I will be happy either way. If it's over $100k in full trim I won't care, outside my desired range, not worth it. If it's the original price, that's a no-brainer value. I guess the only real frown would be if it's exactly in the middle where it makes me still WANT it, but not really financially justifiable.

Between the delays and Musks daily antics, I am emotionally burnt and don't give a shit any more.

Let's not forget the looming car glut we have created, and is just showing up. Dealers have been selling cars at well over retail to people who couldn't afford them. Wholesale prices have and are taking a huge dump. The back lot at the local Jeep dealer is PACKED so they can pretend that the sales lot is in short supply and lie to buyers. By January, it will be obvious that there's a problem. Right now, the offers from Carvana and the like are down 30-50% compares to just a few months ago. My trade value just disappeared. The CT is effectively already way more expensive.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
What is wrong with you??? Please do the math with inflation and the original list price and the specs that have changed that you think are worth driving up the price 50% or more.
My $75k for the dual and over $100k for the quad is NOT 50% or more based on original pricing

someone proved me wrong in this so i retract my statement for this *

my bad

Last edited:

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
here is what 50 k at 7% a year is.

Tesla Cybertruck Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch? Inflation

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Cybertruck will have sooo many features and sooo cool that I think it will cost at least $70k for the base model. I reserved a single motor because it was listed at $40k. I cannot afford anything more than $40K. Anyone here would like to buy my CT. I wouldn't mind buying it, selling it to someone and wouldn't mind driving it across the country to deliver it. I am at 602,000 reservation, so I don't think I will get it anytime before 2025.

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
If CT is going to start selling in June of 23 like Elon said, they should be coming out with new pricing list in Q1, so that people can select the new CT list and tesla will need to know which model most people will order and how many people will drop out or add orders.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag

Inflation .jpg
That's the other impediment; we are no longer doing 2.5% car loans. The entire market is about to be turned upside-down, and it's going to be turbulent. It will, of course, most affect those who can't afford it. I've been preparing to ride it out (and even capitalize on it if prices really take a shit).

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

I guess I'm a boastful idiot then. I need the range.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I guess I'm a boastful idiot then. I need the range.
My point was that Tesla can make the Dual Motor with 500 miles of range and 14k of towing. If only three motors can haul 82k lbs (Semi) the only reason to put three motors in a pickup truck would be to compensate for the owner's shortcomings elsewhere.

I too want all the range I can get and as much towing as the CyberTruck can stop. Adding a 3rd motor would only reduce the available payload by the weight of a motor and gearbox. 👍🏽

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
If CT is going to start selling in June of 23 like Elon said, they should be coming out with new pricing list in Q1, so that people can select the new CT list and tesla will need to know which model most people will order and how many people will drop out or add orders.
For the first several years Tesla need only make whichever model has the highest profit margin. Practically any price they put on it will crash the website when they open the order page. They won't need to offer different models until the waiting time falls below three quarters.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Inflation .jpg
And we barely had two years of that, not four.

Remember, at least three years of 4% should have been baked into the predictions.

Why are you guys all so willing to bid against yourselves? Money burning a hole in your pockets? O-o No wonder there's inflation.

-Crissa