How Long Does A Cybertruck Battery Stayed Charged When The Vehicle Has Not Been Driven For A While?

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I wonder how long a Cybertruck Battery (ies) will stay charged when the vehicle has not been driven for a while and has not been plugged into to a power source?
“QUESTION FOR CURRENT CT OWNERS”
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
what is your truck percent drop overnight? or if it's sat for an entire day like 24hrs?
Something you can and should try is disconnecting the CT from wifi, you can do this by changing the saved password in the CT or your router. This will make it so it is not downloading updates and UPLOADING gigs of data to Tesla.
Just as a temporary test, disconnect the truck from house wifi for 48 hours and watch the battery drain, should go down significantly. After that 48 hours do another test with no wifi and sentry mode ON and you can get an idea of battery drain once tesla has pushed appropriate updates.

jareed85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, Model X
Country flag
I have noticed the same phantom drain on mine, but only when I leave it plugged in. I did an experiment where I unplugged it after it was done charging at night and had no phantom drain in the morning, when I was usually seeing -3% after 6-7 hours. Looking at the tessie app it appears that the truck will not sleep when plugged in, but if its unplugged it will sleep and not drain as much. My X on the other hand will sleep regardless if its plugged in or not. Maybe a software issue, would be interesting to see others experience.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...The more often you check the app, the more often the truck wakes up and the longer it consumes energy expecting you to ask it to do something.

-Crissa

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I have noticed the same phantom drain on mine, but only when I leave it plugged in. I did an experiment where I unplugged it after it was done charging at night and had no phantom drain in the morning, when I was usually seeing -3% after 6-7 hours. Looking at the tessie app it appears that the truck will not sleep when plugged in, but if its unplugged it will sleep and not drain as much. My X on the other hand will sleep regardless if its plugged in or not. Maybe a software issue, would be interesting to see others experience.
interesting. yes could be a fix with a software update

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Wow, if I turn off sentry and hvac on my model Y there is almost no drain. I hope this gets figured out.
His display shows "Sentry Mode" inactive and "Mobile App" way lower than "Vehicle Standby"
Tesla Cybertruck How Long Does A Cybertruck Battery Stayed Charged When The Vehicle Has Not Been Driven For A While? hub0QMV

FL370

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I have noticed the same phantom drain on mine, but only when I leave it plugged in. I did an experiment where I unplugged it after it was done charging at night and had no phantom drain in the morning, when I was usually seeing -3% after 6-7 hours. Looking at the tessie app it appears that the truck will not sleep when plugged in, but if its unplugged it will sleep and not drain as much. My X on the other hand will sleep regardless if its plugged in or not. Maybe a software issue, would be interesting to see others' experience.
Thanks for that experiment. I wonder why. I see the same type of drain. Charge to 80% at midnight and wake up to 77%. Work has me park the car at the airport with no chargers for four days at a time. It would be bad if it lost 20-30% with no sentry mode, etc.
Sponsored