Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
So where is the third (center) brake light?
Isn't that a DOT requirement on new vehicles?

tesla rear.jpg
Either It’s a prototype, or the Cybertruck won’t have a center brake light and be illegal when it’s released?…I wonder which is most likely?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just think it is likely we will have lots of diving modes... spongy, stiff, etc

High / low ride, cheetah driving... it will be amazing. I am not a teckie, but I reckon if Musk can make rockets, he can make a suspension that lasts.

We have witnessed spongy mode. ?

I guess the AI will monitor and keep drivers above kill yourself level.

Bobang1973

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why Two reservations?
I reserved two because I was not sure if I wanted the 2 motor or 3 motor. Figured I would decide based on the changes in the next couple of years prior to the final design. Wish they would have a 400 mile two motor model as I do not need a 3 motor (more to go wrong) and am not planning to go to the drag races. Just need a rust proof truck(a lot of salt on the Maine winter roads that rusts out all frames eventually) and we have "thousands of miles of bumpy gravel roads in the North Maine wilderness that eventually kill all P/U truck suspensions. Since the nearest telsa service center is in Peabody, MA hundreds of miles away or in Quebec Canada.. I need a truck that is bullet proof and does not need a lot of visits to the service center for technical or mechanical support .....maybe once every couple of years for minor stuff would be acceptable. I have a lot of hope for this new design and really do not believe the rear wheels need to turn. As I said those Maine gravel roads kill all alignments which may last a couple of months so having to deal with rear alignment of this sort is a no go for me and everyone else who drives these roads. That is the reason the "super trucks of the Ba Ja do not have that feature. BTW, the ford raptor completed the Ba Ja 1000 but the rear springs had to be changed during the race as they did not hold up....not good! That is why I hope it is an extremely tough suspension that can take a lot of beating at 30 to 40 MPH on these bumpy (potholes) gravel type roads! Or is this to much to ask for??? If one wants to design a tough truck they need to speak with the lumberman of North Maine who drive nothing but pickups (and their logging trucks) in their daily work on these roads. This is where real road testing should take place and not only on some construction site. I doubt if the CT designer has any clue on how trucks are used in some of these tough work environments, but I hope I am wrong! It is painful to see this great new design only on city streets so far and hope waiting 2 to 4 years for this truck was not in vain?? Elon.... please tell me it is really... really worth waiting for!!

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Either It’s a prototype, or the Cybertruck won’t have a center brake light and be illegal when it’s released?…I wonder which is most likely?
There is a THIRD option, you know........
"What? Nobody told us about that!?" :p

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
In truth it is more than doubled. For two failure events, the probability of neither occurring is the product of their individual failure probabilities. If, for instance, each axle has a probability of failure of 50% in a given time, the probability that neither will fail is (.5 x .5) or .25. Thus the probability that either one, or the other, or both will fail is (1 - .25) or 75%.

However, the actual design failure rate is certainly small enough that I for one am not worried about it.
I've been driving for 54 years and have never experienced a steering failure. I have never had a family member, friend, acquaintance or even known of someone who experienced a steering failure (except for one little kid down the street whose homemade soap box derby racer was very poorly made). This is a false flag and a non-issue. As for that probability calculation, the number chosen is arbitrary and absurdly high. Let's remember Teslas are built better than other cars. This is not going to be a problem. The petroleum industry already publishes enough disinformation without forum members doing it.

rxfelix

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Volt, 2013 Honda CR-Z
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been driving for 54 years and have never experienced a steering failure. I have never had a family member, friend, acquaintance or even known of someone who experienced a steering failure (except for one little kid down the street whose homemade soap box derby racer was very poorly made). This is a false flag and a non-issue. As for that probability calculation, the number chosen is arbitrary and absurdly high. Let's remember Teslas are built better than other cars. This is not going to be a problem. The petroleum industry already publishes enough disinformation without forum members doing it.
You mistake my example for actual measured failure rates. I was commenting on the math, not the figures. As I said at the end, and as you also state, the actual design failure rates are extremely small, and there's no evidence that the failure rates in the field are significant.
Sponsored