Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Keeping in mind that a Ditch Rollover is not even close to what happens in a Rollover while doing 100+ MPH. That will be the one that I want to see & I am confident that it will perform beyond that of any other truck on the market.
I am pretty sure that standard crash tests aren't tested at 100+ mph. I would be happy at 70 mph. Occupants would probably die at 100+ mph in any car because of the pure physics, not necessarily because of the damage to the vehicle.

We did high speed tests when I was in the Air Force and the results weren't pretty on any ground-based vehicle traveling in excess of 100 mph.
Sponsored

BaddaBing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Country flag
I am pretty sure that standard crash tests aren't tested at 100+ mph. I would be happy at 70 mph. Occupants would probably die at 100+ mph in any car because of the pure physics, not necessarily because of the damage to the vehicle.

We did high speed tests when I was in the Air Force and the results weren't pretty on any ground-based vehicle traveling in excess of 100 mph.
No disrespect intended; using words like "pretty sure" & "probably" do not inspire confidence. "because of pure physics", providing the formula would have been useful. I have been trained to do the Research.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
No disrespect intended; using words like "pretty sure" & "probably" do not inspire confidence. "because of pure physics", providing the formula would have been useful. I have been trained to do the Research.
Sorry I don't have a formula for you. As an Emergency Manager, I was purely an observer for the tests... the scientists that were there could probably provide you with that formula.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I am pretty sure that standard crash tests aren't tested at 100+ mph. I would be happy at 70 mph.
IIHS does its three crash tests at 40mph

NHTSA at 35 or 38.5, depending

theirs are generally crashes into a solid, immovable, object

for better or worse, it takes extrapolation from there to see how a vehicle would fare (faster, or into a another vehicle)

DrPhyzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Ariel Atom
Occupation
particle physicist
Country flag

Yes, at around 100g acceleration, a person's heart muscle ruptures. The end. Hence the importance of crumple zones.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag