Side mirror shaking

jcktrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MS, Cybertruck
Country flag
I am experiencing the same, also on the driver's side. The music can amplify it, but that's probably just the driver's side window vibrating in addition to the mirror.

We can probably see if the windshield wiper is the issue by manually putting it down to the hood.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I have this too. Driver's side only. I know all of my hardware is tight because I removed the mirror and put it back to clean under it. It shook on the drive home from the showroom so I know it wasn't removing and replacing that caused it either.

It's extra annoying since I have to use it twice as often as a normal vehicle with the crappy rear view situation.

praetorian46

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Country flag
Same issue here. Tesla service is replacing the mirror. (Along with about 5x other trim pieces that were ā€œoffā€) upon delivery.

renshcp

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model X
Country flag
I have the same issue but my entire door is vibrating. Now that could be driven by the mirror vibrating and being securely mounted to the door so it's driving the vibration all the way back through the door. Is the drivers door closing mechanism identical to the passenger mechanism? I know they had the issue with loose bolts on the drivers side door latch. May be related? Here is my video in this thread: Other Thread

Freemarket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Stay at home Daddy
Country flag
Mine does not do this. I would have noticed by now. Hopefully they come up w a fix and not a, ā€œsorry itā€™s just the way it isā€ solution. Thatā€™s awful and Iā€™d be dead set on having it resolved.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag

Axtrader

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX100D, MS100D, M3LR, MYP
Occupation
Shield AI Business Development
Country flag
+1 I had the Drivers side vibrate since delivery at the end of March. The Miramar Service Center replaced it once already and it goes back next week for this and a passenger roof panel adjustment.

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
No driver's side mirror vibration. Just remember, all the suppliers are ramping too, so there are bound to be issues.

OP
OP
Cpt. Picard

Cpt. Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
So, I just got out of the service center, where among some other things they took a look at the side-mirror shaking issue. I talked to the technician in person before leaving and he said ā€œwe are told not to fix this, because itā€™s a trending issue and there is an internal communication about an upgrade coming soonā€. I asked him what does the ā€œupgradeā€ mean, will it be a recall? He said most likely yes.

OP
OP
Cpt. Picard

Cpt. Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Remove them both problem solved.
šŸ˜ no, then you get other problems. Iā€™m not in favor of removing the mirrors. I drove their model 3 with FSD today (that was my loaner). In just 2 hours of driving it missed an exit on the highway because it was a heavy traffic and the lines were not clearly marked, and also pulled in front of another vehicle in a very risky maneuver in another episode. So, Iā€™m not trusting this technology that much yet to say goodbye to my physical mirrors.

renshcp

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model X
Country flag
I determined the root cause of my mirror (aka door, mirror attached to door) vibration issue. For me this heavy door/mirror vibration occurs on the highway when subject to a crosswind. So what is happening is the door on the opposite side of the wind impact is subject to a low pressure zone of turbulent air (see Bernoulli's principle, flow separation). Because the cybertruck has a large flat section on each door, that surface moves in and out in the turbulence of the low pressure zone. As the panel is being pulled out, I would presume this is exacerbated at speed with the air getting caught in the opening created by the turbulent low pressure. You can see this visually when you apply your turn signal and look at the turn signal video displayed - you'll see the outer door panel on the side of the vehicle on the low pressure side moving in and out rapidly causing the entire door to vibrate (and thus the mirror to vibrate).
Sponsored