Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TFL? Too F*$&ing Lame?

Another YouTube channel nobody gave a shit about 3 days ago trying to drum up clicks by trotting out Cybertruck clickbait.

EDIT: Maybe: Total F&*ing Losers?
I like the edit version !
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Ehh, at least their video is short.

Ugh. Hyperinflation? Are these guys millennials? Last year's inflation wasn't higher than '73-'82.

The truck needs a custom camper? So does the Hummer, Rivian, Silverado.

The truck 'has a small bed'? Compared to what? What?

'You can't reach into it!' ...Then they show an image of Franz walking along side it, if it was lowered, he could reach right in. Geez. 'For a gas can'. Gas can? Why would you have a gas can?

*sigh* At least I can still understand them at 2x speed.

...Yes, Elon said they stopped counting at over several hundred thousand orders. They missed that he said more than 250k. The best guess from the spreadsheet is 1 million, not 3 million, guys. They made a fallacy by arguing that extreme number.

...Why won't the truck be sold to a labor trade? *sigh*

'They'll buy these other trucks!' ...There are more reservations for Cybertruck than Fords, and Ford isn't going to fulfill this list for in their best guess two years.

These guys are ignoring the hundreds of thousands of Model Y that Tesla is delivering while Ford is delivering not even a tenth of that.

...I don't want email spam.

You can't buy a Rivian or Ford or Hummer. They're 'sold out'. So no, I can't go and buy these other trucks.

'Folding stainless can't be cheaper'. ...Have they not noticed that the price of stainless is much, much less than it used to be? You can get stainless anything, and it doesn't really raise the price much.

'It's not a car'. Do they even drive trucks? Of course you care. It has to stay on the road.

...Why do you need door handles again? *sigh*

They keep saying that they're certain of these things while using the fact that we don't know the exact specs.

...They are right that some guys will find features as 'silly'. I remember once being told to take the colors out of a database entry UI because 'that's more expensive!' ...As if the pixels on their VGA Windows PCs were going to cost more if I used them instead of black and white?

I still think their 'trucks must be serious and this is unusable small toy' is so... How small-minded.

Bleah. What a waste of a half hour.

-Crissa
Excellent observations Crissa. These guys are usually pretty good and accurate with their videos, except when it comes to the Cybertruck. One interesting remark they made is that they reserved a couple of Cybertrucks. Like most places that rate vehicles, these guys have bias to the companies that treat them well. The dad Roman was at the CT reveal and rode in the CT. They've owned a couple of Tesla's and other EV's and are normally entertaining. They have done a couple of good videos on the Rivian. I liked the one where they took it up a mountain, and loaded it with logs.
Actually, TFL did a some good videos about 2 years on the PHEV Pacifica that were influential with my purchase of our Pacifica in 2020.
This video was a waste of time though.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Well, technology advances!

Robot mowers are getting to the point where they'll take over pretty quick. My friend has one and it's pretty snazzy, tho he's very much the first-guy-with-tech-on-the-block.

You don't really care about the width or power when the robot is doing it when you're not paying attention. Just like the vacuum bots don't need to be powerful to have good results, because they vacuum frequently.

-Crissa
Agreed. I've looked at the robot mowers and that actually might be my next mower.

The power and width specs were for my gas snow blower. I think it'll be quite a while before there's an automated robot snow blower. (Never say Never).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Farmers are not the reason trucks are so popular in the US.
Is this something they genuinely suggested?

Farmers are like 0.2% of the population. Maybe 5% of the truck buying population absolute tops.

This is supposed to be some kind of truck aware channel?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Farmers are like 0.2% of the population. Maybe 5% of the truck buying population absolute tops.
That's still seven million farmers, nearly all owning highway capable pickup trucks. With the average lifetime being 11 years, that's 600k trucks a year and 0.6 / 11.6 million trucks a year sold and...

Oh. That's 5%.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
That's still seven million farmers, nearly all owning highway capable pickup trucks. With the average lifetime being 11 years, that's 600k trucks a year and 0.6 / 11.6 million trucks a year sold and...

Oh. That's 5%.

-Crissa
<farm rant>
decades ago prices of pickups passed American farmers(read min.400ac). Farmer’s think fools would be the only one’s paying that kind of cash out for a truck that is about the cost of a 1 ½ ton that does real work on a farm.

Farmer’s don’t have that kind of money to spend and if they did, sure as hell wouldn’t be caught paying the prices they are today. That money could buy equipment needed on the farm.
<\farm rant>

Corporate farms might cover a %, DOT, Police, Border and state agencies will factor in fleet purchases. SWAG +20% post 2026.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
<farm rant>
decades ago prices of pickups passed American farmers(read min.400ac). Farmer’s think fools would be the only one’s paying that kind of cash out for a truck that is about the cost of a 1 ½ ton that does real work on a farm.

Farmer’s don’t have that kind of money to spend and if they did, sure as hell wouldn’t be caught paying the prices they are today. That money could buy equipment needed on the farm.
<\farm rant>

Corporate farms might cover a %, DOT, Police, Border and state agencies will factor in fleet purchases. SWAG +20% post 2026.
A lot of pickups are sold to businesses. Contractors, electricians, plumbers, farmers, police, etc etc.

Money is a big part of this. A work truck plus it’s operational costs are business expenses. This is one of the reasons I think an affordable baseline Cybertruck is inevitable. Tesla wants that volume too.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Agreed. I've looked at the robot mowers and that actually might be my next mower.

The power and width specs were for my gas snow blower. I think it'll be quite a while before there's an automated robot snow blower. (Never say Never).
------------------------

ATR ORBITER ALL TERRAIN ROBOT
UNSTOPPABLE TRACTION ON SNOW, SAND AND ROCKY SOILS
https://en.atr-orbiter.com/

ATR Orbiter: Snowplow robot radio-controlled all-electric. ORBITER is a powerful, robust, fully radio controlled mobile robot crawler and is able to tackle any type of terrain and suitably used for a wide variety of applications
Mar 26, 2018
ATR - Robotics

--------

------------------------

ATR Orbiter on Norwegian TV NRK - FBI
Nov 11, 2019
ATR - Robotics

--------

------------------------

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
<farm rant>

<\farm rant>

Ehh, farmers have all sorts of trucks. I see them driving the smallest, too, because they can fit down rows and use less fuel (and they're very old).

Also, Farmers are not poorly paid.

USDA said:
In 2020, the median income from farming was $164,362 for households operating commercial farms, and their median total household income was $226,369.
They're landowners and tend to be the local elite in rural areas. And yeah, family farms tend to carry alot of debt, but it's that year-to-year variance that gets them, not that their take-home is poor.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Farmers here have lots of money, and they all have slick trucks.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Everyone loves to trot out “Competition” as this big threat to Tesla. We’ve heard this over and over and over. With the Model 3 and the Model Y the competition more or less beat them out the gate or was right behind them. The Model 3 and the Model Y are still crushing the industry because nobody else offers a car which is as capable. Also, nobody else can make enough cars to put any real pressure on Tesla’s market share.

If the Cybertruck is similarly ahead of the pack, it will do fine.

The only way competition is concerning is if Tesla massively misses the specs they listed at launch or massively changes their prices. Everyone who makes these predictions is basing their predictions on the assumption that Tesla is going to miss on both features and price.

Based on my sample of 1 ”review”. Yeah, I’m serious.

Dudes are clowns.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
TFL is clickbait garbage.

Doesn't change the fact they have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the Cybertruck.

I'll say it again-When the CT comes out, so many doubters will be eating crow you'll think it's the new chicken. I can't wait to hear what they say when the inevitable finally happens.
You can rest assured they'll do their best to nitpick and portray it negatively just because it's Tesla and they don't like the way the truck looks.
Sponsored