Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Maybe too many Ninja's aero covers (aka Ninja Stars) were coming off??

hub cap rolling ninja.jpg

Ninja Aero Covers slings from vehicle because of? -- Design flaw.

how do stop Ninja Aerocovers from flying off lol.jpg

Maybe going to the other smaller version aero covers?

Smaller hub cabs.jpg

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So is it actually a 'Recall', or just a production change where supplies are delayed? Are current Cybertruck owners getting notifications to bring their CT in to get their covers changed, or is it just a change for vehicle deliveries going forward? Are CT owners getting correspondence from Tesla with the word 'Recall' being used?

I'd be careful using that word with frivolous universal or false examples, unless something is being requested (recalled) for return to Tesla. We don't want to give NHTSA any more ideas to 'broaden' their (interpretation) of the word any further than they already have.

- ÆCIII

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Yeah, I get that you didn't get everything you paid for, but it's better than Tesla halting all sales until they have the covers.

They should just stock pile the CTs at a yard and troll all the early reservation holders by not delivering them until they all had wheel covers.

AgileMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD; Model 3
Country flag
I love how some people make a huge deal out of this. It’s a brand new model with literally ground breaking new technology and it has a minor issue with hubcaps??? lol. If you are super angry about this please sell your CyberTruck back to Tesla and let some more deserving human being enjoy it

geoffgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FUSO FG140
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
Country flag
Well - another issue just popped up. I was delivered my CT on the 24th without covers. No explanation other than they would be sending a tech to install the caps on the 1st.

Tomorrow is the 1st and I just received another message that they won’t be delivering becuase they are recalling all the covers and they won’t be delivering the caps until March.

this sounds a bit like nightmare you can’t make up. I get they are only the finish wheel hubs, but seems insane.

Anyone else having this issue?
"A Nightmare"?! You're a very early volunteer adopter/owner of the hottest commodity in sub-quarter million dollar vehicles, but you didn't expect any bumps in the road to your celebrity status?! Please tell me how awful it truly is to be the envy of your neighbors and anywhere you go?! If you're that concerned, just buy a set of ANY of the gorgeous aftermarket CT rims, transfer the tires and tell Tesla where they can put their silly aerocover. smh