Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The main issue is that it is no longer an uninterrupted bar. So you have those small squares for brake lights at both ends that look bad as they give a retro 80's look. It's a money saving design choice as they now do not need an additional set of lights when the tailgate is down.
It's not.

It's regulatory.

Any variance they have to ask permission for, and more variances means less permissions given.

-Crissa
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
the likelihood that tesla truly understands what off-roading needs is very very low.

I hope that contraption hanging off the rear is rated for dragging across rocks, because it’s really out there in the way of a decent departure angle.

1FB36769-D9EF-49F8-9A37-D299C7278E8F.jpeg

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
the likelihood that tesla truly understands what off-roading needs is very very low.
Wow - for $1000 you you get a die hard off roader to consult. With torque vectoring, low CoG, 8" adjustable travel in suspension this rig will out perform 90% of the specialty jeeps etc. sans ridiculous tires. Certainly anything stock.

Please. Tesla understands off-roading just fine.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
While I mostly agree and the odds are stacked in their favor, I have to say the proof is in the pudding. Everything points to the Cybertruck being an off-roading monster, but until they get in the hands of owners, the jury is still out.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Wow - for $1000 you you get a die hard off roader to consult. With torque vectoring, low CoG, 8" adjustable travel in suspension this rig will out perform 90% of the specialty jeeps etc. sans ridiculous tires. Certainly anything stock.

Sure they do, as evidenced by all the off road vehicles they’ve previously produced

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Sure they do, as evidenced by all the off road vehicles they’ve previously produced
Great engineers set their criteria and or benchmark against others. Then they beat each and every criteria. They don't have to have 100 years of experience. Tesla is an engineering company not a car company. They looked at the CT with a blank slate.

The big 3 generally changed one tiny thing in each model year and then made things work with the change. It was about next years sales. So in 60 years the pickup didn't change that much.

The CT will destroy any truck built in the last 60 years by every measure. First try.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You have a wonderful attitude for someone on this forum. Maybe you need a 'glass half full' session with @greggertruck. Elon apparently grew up offroading so he has some experience even without experts, but you can be 100% certain that they have all the expertise they need to make a superb offroad vehicle. I have outlived my offroading days so I do not really have a dog in this fight. It is certainly the case that we won't know until they put it through some serious paces but you could be a bit more trusting. Of course, you can always drop your reservation and get an R1T, a Hummer, or wait for an eJeep.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
You have a wonderful attitude for someone on this forum. Maybe you need a 'glass half full' session with @greggertruck. Elon apparently grew up offroading so he has some experience even without experts, but you can be 100% certain that they have all the expertise they need to make a superb offroad vehicle. I have outlived my offroading days so I do not really have a dog in this fight. It is certainly the case that we won't know until they put it through some serious paces but you could be a bit more trusting. Of course, you can always drop your reservation and get an R1T, a Hummer, or wait for an eJeep.
For what it's worth - back at Roadster/ Semi event they had a dude that literally drives race cars and worked with engineering to build that car.

I'm pretty sure they can get a "Bryan" with a soul patch and a couple kids he never see's cause he's in Moab slowly driving over rocks to come tell them what the Cybertruck needs.

All jokes aside, I think they've got it under control.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
For competitive reasons Tesla will not reveal actual dimensions, standard features, interior specifics, MSRP, etc. until they get closer to production.

2023 is FINALLY going to be the year of the Cybertruck and shut up all of the naysayers. Bring on the Cybertruck!

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Is it possible, this Tesla will have amber turn signals to the rear? Safety reports say they are safer but Tesla has not used them in the US. This rear short looks like... maybe amber over the red brake?
Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck video clip (from Cyber Rodeo 2022). Shows tail lights & reverse lights 4944B26B-222C-4919-AE4A-362F92F34D08

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Yeah those thinner strips of light above the red at the top edges would be turn signals.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Is it possible, this Tesla will have amber turn signals to the rear? Safety reports say they are safer but Tesla has not used them in the US. This rear short looks like... maybe amber over the red brake?
4944B26B-222C-4919-AE4A-362F92F34D08.png
It will have them by law here in Australia, so the parts will exist to do so. And be available for salvage as soon as some Campbelltown dickhead in a WRX runs a red light after a night on the VB's.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
For competitive reasons Tesla will not reveal actual dimensions, standard features, interior specifics, MSRP, etc. until they get closer to production.

2023 is FINALLY going to be the year of the Cybertruck and shut up all of the naysayers. Bring on the Cybertruck!
I think we are close enough 🎄

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
It's not.

It's regulatory.

Any variance they have to ask permission for, and more variances means less permissions given.

-Crissa
A continuous lightbar can have all the required bright points as required by regulations.

Its all we got to go on for that specific part of the frame/design. We've never seen that spot since. So one cannot assume it has changed just because the lighting array on the tailgate itself has slightly changed.
That's the OG prototype you can tell by the fact the bed is stainless steel.

True, moving the charge port on the fender is another hint.
Sponsored