g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Sponsored

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Baw will launch snow onto your neighbors car.
Tesla has figured out many more complicated engineering challenges than a windshield wiper. Not too worried about this. The truck won’t be without its faults but with improved manufacturing and a warranty something tells me that will be a non issue. This windshield is a slope I’ve got a feeling with running the defrost for a few minutes which you were going to do anyways snow would literally slide off down to the front. Not likely but maybe we’ll get heated windshields.

Edit: Thank you again Greg for sharing new neat information for all of us to enjoy. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
The wiper's mega size matches the whole in-your-face brutalist aura of the Cybertruck. 👍

Estimates on how much that bad boy is going to cost to replace? 😳
Individual wipers for Tesla on the shop range from 25-35 usd. Twice the size so probably twice the price. But you only have to buy half as many lol.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Sometimes I am actually glad I do not have the rights to one of the first fifty thousand, or so, CyberTrucks that drive off the assembly line....

I am happy to let others drive the initial " test beds" and work out the bugs.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I would be concerned about the torque needed to move that arm with buildup like snow....
You would? They can move a 4700lbs plunk of steel 60mph in under 2 seconds with 3 football sized motors.
The wiper's mega size matches the whole in-your-face brutalist aura of the Cybertruck. 👍

Everything we have all seen suggests it is in fact two standard blades in the housing. 🤞🏼

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Is the tail gate missing a trim peace on top or could it be the inner-mechanism for the ramp?
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Mega Windshield Wiper IN ACTION at Giga Texas Wind Tunnel 1681437261884

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm surprised no one is trying to guess or debate the length of the BAW yet? :) Might be the largest wiper blade ever on a non-commercial vehicle.

I'm going to start off with a rough guess of 48 inches or 1.22 meters.

- ÆCIII

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It wipes pretty fast for such a large wiper. Also has nice tight acceleration and deceleration at either end of the wipe to get it out of your view as fast as possible. Probably a brushless 48V windscreen wiper motor now with speed controller, so they can simply program it to slowly wipe off snow without damaging anything.

A good OTA retrofit for any Tesla would actually be a snow and ice timer, that simply carries on wiping in intervals while the car is snowed or rained on when its cold. Would use less energy than running the heated windscreen once to melt it, we done the math a while ago.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

Individual wipers for Tesla on the shop range from 25-35 usd. Twice the size so probably twice the price. But you only have to buy half as many lol.
You would? They can move a 4700lbs plunk of steel 60mph in under 2 seconds with 3 football sized motors.

Everything we have all seen suggests it is in fact two standard blades in the housing. 🤞🏼
Picture of the two blades from something I saved off.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-windshield-wiper-blade-closeup-photo/
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Mega Windshield Wiper IN ACTION at Giga Texas Wind Tunnel ShPJFbe
Sponsored