kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk says Cybertruck will not have a significant impact on the bottom line in 2023.

There it is.

Sounds like the ideas we’ll have a super-optimistic ramp up are off the table. Maybe my 10k trucks number is even too aggressive.
I just heard this line too. Very sad to hear. But I was hoping to get mine a year after launch anyways. If they ramped at ludicrous speed then 2023 was possible for me.
Sponsored

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Volume production could be a little dubious without any indications on run rate so I expect lots and lots of trucks per week to perhaps be closer to if not in 2025. Id love someone to ask if they anticipate all variants to qualify for the tax credit
This would be a really good question to get a bunch of people at investor day to try to ask. If one is successful then we'd have an idea on the price.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
As a former long haul trucker (I hung up my spurs in 2002) I think the Semi has huge potential as a replacement for the Class 8 Tractors.
I'm not real crazy about the center seating for the driver but I haven't driven one so I'll reserve my opinion on the off chance I may get some wheel time on one since I still have a Class A CDL.
They will be used first for manufacturing to distribution centers since chargers can be located at both ends.
Once the big freight lines and LTL carriers realize how much cheaper they are to operate they will drop diesel powered trucks like a bad habit.
Owner operators will eventually come to the party once the big Supercharger stations are installed along major trucking arteries.
This is the future of trucking.
Not until they get the weight down. Many fleets are paid based on weight. We have been purchasing/leasing trucks as light as we can to maximize revenue and reduce the number of pieces of equipment, loads, and drivers. We got to test drive a Nikola a few months ago and while it's really impressive, it's really heavy. Our current trucks are all around 11.5k lbs and the Nikola was 29k. So if our current trucks allow us to bring in 53.5k lbs (80k-15k trailers-11.5k truck) and an electric trucks allows to bring in 38k (82k-15k trailers-29k truck) we're leaving a lot on the table. Plus we have to find additional drivers in a shrinking talent pool and acquire additional .

I would love nothing more than to run a fleet of tesla trucks, it's just not feasible YET for us along with many others.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just heard this line too. Very sad to hear. But I was hoping to get mine a year after launch anyways. If they ramped at ludicrous speed then 2023 was possible for me.
Likewise.

I was planning on getting it for my birthday… didn’t figure it would be in 2024 :ROFLMAO:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Honestly I'll be happy just to see the final specs and prices within the next 6 months. Followed by videos and reactions and walkthroughs from real life cybertrucks driving around in the real world. If we can just get those final details...I can wait another year.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"Musk says Cybertruck will not have a significant impact on the bottom line in 2023."

I think Musk is sandbagging again... it boils down to his definition of significant.

We see 'significant' as negligible... he may see it as 5%.

I think Automotive production will be at least 2.1 million, and we can add Lathrop to the equation.

We can also add proportionate FSD sales to the bottom line. We could be looking at an extra 70,000 FSD sales... it is a lot.

If we sold 60,000 CT in 23 @$22,000 profit each..

1.3 Billion profit... about 5% of 2023. Not Significant !!!!!!!

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
They definitely have positioned the Cybertruck closer to “Gen 3” here. As a shareholder, I hope when they refer to Gen 3 they are talking about unannounced productions as well.

Personally, I’m just happy to hear there is a significant Cybertruck update coming in March.
I wouldn't think it doesn't mean unannounced products. I'd think opposite. The platform is their "skateboard" they build on. I think this is great news for Cyber___ models maybe.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
looking more like end of 2025 for me. Tough to negotiate pens with electronic signatures.

The only happy portion of me is my miser wallet. I am more happy hitting the snooze button with with a Y purchase. My trouble is, I may need another to appease my wife until the CT delivery. My wallet is worried

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Musk says Cybertruck will not have a significant impact on the bottom line in 2023.

There it is.

Sounds like the ideas we’ll have a super-optimistic ramp up are off the table. Maybe my 10k trucks number is even too aggressive.
I look at this optimistically. If the first 5000 units represent a loss and the next 5000 units offsets the first 5000 such that there is not a significant positive or negative impact to the bottom line ; that could still be 10,000 units. 2024 would then have both volume and margin per unit.
Sponsored