Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
For comparison
Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis 1699457719081
Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis 1699457690509

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis 1699457827865

NOOOOOO it is just an access panel!! lol

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
The weight difference between dual motor and tri motor does not seem to allow for much additional battery capacity, or any additional capacity for that matter.

#500rangeWishListClub
What we've seen before is the large battery is installed but feature locked.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR (21 & 23)
Country flag
2 KW from a 14-50 would be an incredibly poor showing for Tesla's first V2L, essentially on par with what Rivian is delivering via 110V outlets. I personally just need ~ 3-4 KW to run my furnace blower and fridge during a power outage.

I won't care as much about the frunk if there is storage for a spare.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
What we've seen before is the large battery is installed but feature locked.

But wouldn't that be seemingly wasteful of highly coveted 4680 cells?

I'm familiar with more power being unlocked (faster 0-60) within the software, but I haven't heard of unlocking more actual range before, unless I've missed something?

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
But wouldn't that be seemingly wasteful of highly coveted 4680 cells?

I'm familiar with more power being unlocked (faster 0-60) within the software, but I haven't heard of unlocking more actual range before, unless I've missed something?
Right but there was a lawsuit last uear about this. A second owner purchased it used and when transfer of title Tesla locked the long range.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
EDIT TO ADD:

Have bolted up a compare (in heat map) of interior dimensions:

As suspected (by some) for a while, interior dimensions come in nearest to a Chevy Avalanche, but with width at hips (determining seat width) being comparable to a Toyota Tacoma - which explains the lack of 6th seat, but also portends a rather narrow rear seat that is "5 passengers" in name along the lines of a Tacoma (though CT's better shoulder width will help a touch).

View attachment 28392

Next is a heat map that essentially demonstrates the design thesis of the Cybertruck:

• *nearly* full-sized BEV truck cargo area,
  • *nearly* mid-sized footprint/agility (but an ~F150 wheelbase, mitigated by 4WS)
  • somewhat *better* than mid-sized interior volume, at least in terms of rear seat legroom, but basically mid-sized seat width

View attachment 28395

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Pretty disappointed with the 72.8” bed length.
Wish the power outlets were higher capacity along with outlets in the frunk.
If this is accurate, could have bought a Lightning with similar to better specs.

Rick
The Lightning maybe a better choice for some. The CyberTruck will be awesome but the Lightning frunk is super big- and useful. Plus there are plugs in the frunk.

It will come down to your use case.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
They could initially offer the 300 mile battery, and add the 500 mile battery later when they have a better battery supply. So I don't think we need to assume the weight given means only one battery choice in the long run.
If the CyberTruck i am offered when I get to top of the list is only 300 miles of range, that will be disappointing. I reserved the 500 mile variant. Anything less than 375-380 miles will be a bummer. Especially after waiting 5 years.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Chevy 10.2 kW & Ford 9.6 kW -- "The Silverado EV offers up to 10.2 kilowatts of energy, a skosh more than the Ford's 9.6 kilowatts."
i was just quickly reporting what TFL said

EDIT TO ADD: TFL is silly, and I’m convinced it instead says “120v” - just a label

Last edited: