scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The most exciting part here for me is the ability to level 2 charge other vehicles. The last excuse for using gas (jerricans) getting chipped away.
Tesla CT is not unique here in L2 charging tho. Almost all of the BEV trucks are coming with 240v (30a) which would charge other vehicles. I charge my Tesla Model X at 30 amps nightly.
Sponsored

bfayer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Mustang GT, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I would have liked to have seen the frunk have at least some 120V outlets but then again the frunk on the CT really isn't usefull at 15 inches deep (can't even get a Yeti in there) so I would have been fine with no frunk at all if they could put more storage inside.
If the frunk was the only lockable storage, I would probably agree, but the vault cover significantly reduces the need for a large frunk IMO.

People have been driving pickups for over 100 years, and no one ever complained about the size of frunk :) Now we have a pickup with a OEM lockable bed cover and a frunk. No one else has that right now.

For what it's worth I hardly use the frunk in my MY. I keep the kind of stuff in there that I keep in my car, but don't use much. Out of sight out of mind. I'll use the CT frunk the same way, so it's large enought for my purposes.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
SO .... I can just take that big 220v dryer outlet there and with the right cable, plug it into the Cybertruck charging port and drive FOREVER ...
Only with the RamCharger PHEV. 145 miles on a 92 kWh battery then a 130 kW (190 kW peak) generator to tow 600+ miles, power your house, charge your friends CT when 4x4ing, live off grid in a camper for 1 month, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis yxYggVN

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The 800v main battery, the 48v electrical system, the stainless steel body panels, the body castings, etc.
What is futuristic that is normally and often useful to the owner ... SS body.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

bfayer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Mustang GT, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Only with the RamCharger PHEV. 145 miles on a 92 kWh battery then a 130 kW (190 kW peak) generate to tow 600+ miles, power your house, charger your friends CT when 4x4ing, live off grid in a camper for 1 month, etc.

yxYggVN.jpg
That's a hybrid not an EV.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Can you do the heat map for the exterior dimensions as well, please?
updated first post to include revised charts - adding to interior dimensions a Model Y compare, and adding to exterior dimensions the per-dimension heat map-ish

note that my 'average combined exterior' includes in the average the wheelbase measurement, which wheelbase measurement is also shown separately. this made since in my head from perspective of demonstrating an average external size/footprint, along with emphasizing the importance of wheelbase to agility (turning radius, backing up) and where 4WS may (once reviews are in) positively affect the CT effective wheelbase behavior.

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis Revised CT Exterior Dimensions From Leak

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis CT Interior Dimensions Heat Map From Leak

Last edited:

Gilbertus

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TY, Ford Expedition, SLS Amg, CT order 12.19
Occupation
Independent
Country flag
Less rear headroom and hip room than my current Model X? Growing kiddoes won't be happy. Then again, we also cram them into a Model Y so it will feel roomy by comparison.
Cram ??

I'm 6,2 and sat the first time on the back seat while my daughter drove. I had a lot of cars, but never so much space on the back seat than in our Y.

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
Cram ??

I'm 6,2 and sat the first time on the back seat while my daughter drove. I had a lot of cars, but never so much space on the back seat than in our Y.
Cram not as in a singular person, but cram as in a forward facing car seat for the 2 year old and twin 9 year olds.