lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
The difference is likely just the weight difference between the default Two Motor version and what options/trim you choose.

So for example if you choose a Tri-Motor Performance version the difference in weight for the motors/wheels/options would be subtracted from the 2500 lb payload to get your new payload number.

So if the motors plus wheels add another 250 lbs it would be 2250, ect.
And any extra battery capacity ... but a 2.x second truck would be a lot of fun to own :D
Sponsored

GhostAndSkater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
maybe one of the engineers from the forum can give us an estimated guess how heavy a CB will be with a 3 mm steel frame, 3 engines and 135 kw battery… i think it is going to be ridiculously heavy to keep that gauge…
The stainless panels weight in at around 300 kg at 3 mm, each drive unit is around 100 kg, and using the best energy density of Tesla pack so far, 180 Wh/kg, a 135 kWh pack would be 750 kg and a 170 kWh 944 kg

Overall 1250 to 1444 kg, or in 'Merica units 2755 to 3183 lbs, leaving almost the same for all the rest

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
maybe one of the engineers from the forum can give us an estimated guess how heavy a CB will be with a 3 mm steel frame, 3 engines and 135 kw battery… i think it is going to be ridiculously heavy to keep that gauge…
The stainless panels weight in at around 300 kg at 3 mm, each drive unit is around 100 kg, and using the best energy density of Tesla pack so far, 180 Wh/kg, a 135 kWh pack would be 750 kg and a 170 kWh 944 kg

Overall 1250 to 1444 kg, or in 'Merica units 2755 to 3183 lbs, leaving almost the same for all the rest
6,900lb all-in for tri motor, 6,800lb all in for dual - curb weights

so, the CT is materially smaller than an F150 Lightning but still weighs every bit as much as an F150 Lightning extended range

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag

nicolae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Country flag
Yup. Lot's of 5th wheels, not many 1/2 ton trucks, mostly 3/4 ton-1 ton.
If you are a professional driver, a busy contractor, a hard-core camper, please go ahead take your $100 back put another $100,000 and buy a class three truck dedicated for pulling; otherwise, if you are a white-collar contractor, a fancy plumber, or electrician especially in the city in the need of a fancy truck, able to stand the potholes from San Diego, the hills from San Francisco, the stop and go from Los Angeles and the high-speed turnpike in New Jersey or Hudson River, go ahead and buy the Cybertruck; but don’t be mistaken, Cybertruck was designed having in mind the soccer moms from South Orange County and the doctors, lawyers and dentists from Minnesota and North Dakota

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
"Exosekelton"
Is it a typo... or on purpose? Because we all know they scrapped the strict "Exoskeleton" route, we all know it is stainless steel panels on uni body frame.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Is it a typo... or on purpose? Because we all know they scrapped the strict "Exoskeleton" route, we all know it is stainless steel panels on uni body frame.
That's what it's always been. We knew it was unibody from day 1. That doesn't mean it can't be accurately described as exoskeleton.

Sometimes I wonder about the logic displayed here. I mean, since when has a misspelling been anything more than a misspelling?

Oh, yeah, when you're looking for some confirmation bias... :cool:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
If you are a professional driver, a busy contractor, a hard-core camper, please go ahead take your $100 back put another $100,000 and buy a class three truck dedicated for pulling;
The Cybertruck is perfect for a busy contractor going between jobsites. Time is money and if you start every day with a full charge, you're already ahead of the competition.

And since when do "hard-core campers" need a class three truck. Most hard core campers I know drive Toyota Corollas, Subaru wagons, etc. It's the dough boys I see that have huge rolling homes on wheels.

The truck market in N. America is huge and Tesla has hit the sweet spot with the Cybertruck.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Yeah, it’s a pickup that can’t do most of normal pickup things. They lost the bulk of the work crowd when someone can’t move their toolbox or anything over without buying a new one. Can’t do a gooseneck or 5th wheel with that bed rail set up. Parts seem fragile and thin. I’ve never been trusting of unibody type trucks and it will be interesting to see if this holds up under heavy use like a full frame truck does. Air suspension is more gimmick to me, it doesn’t hold up well on the Ram 2500 and the other OEM’s didn’t adopt it for reasons. Leaf spring is still effective.

It’s a response to the disproven narrative (see the 40% of F-150 sales that go Fleet as example, or owner surveys saying 25%+ tow) that most truck people just own trucks to feel good about driving. I guess I’m keeping my F-350 right next to my F-150 lightning for a good while.
Hey, could you post a link to the study that shows Tesla "lost the bulk of the work crowd". Some yahoo here pointed out that the preponderence of work trucks are light construction, yard work, light haul, etc. trucks that almost exclusively either pull trailers (cargo and flat) or just loads in the bed with no tool boxes for work. I want to prove him wrong without just talking out of my ass.

Thanks in advance!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Hey, could you post a link to the study that shows Tesla "lost the bulk of the work crowd". Some yahoo here pointed out that the preponderence of work trucks are light construction, yard work, light haul, etc. trucks that almost exclusively either pull trailers (cargo and flat) or just loads in the bed with no tool boxes for work. I want to prove him wrong without just talking out of my ass.

Thanks in advance!
though, those 1/2 tons are people-movers that comfortably seat 5 large humans, to say nothing of 6 large humans.

Deleted member 20282

Thanks in advance!
Fleet data. But thanks for the passive aggressive comment and totally missing the point that a CT is not a drop in replacement for the largest buyers. They left hundreds of thousands of units of fleet sales on the table.

Try convincing a fleet buyer to rebuy all his tools. I can’t move my toolbox or transfer tank or any of the plethora of things fleet people tend to do.

What I mean by my comment, if I’m looking at cyber truck vs lightning for my next purchase of 1,000 trucks. Or to move ICE tools over. Lightning is a drop in replacement. CT means I have to pick and choose who gets what for what purpose. Why would I buy a CT that can only tow? Or has a smaller bed than the ICE counterparts. Lightning may have 5.5 but f150 can be 6.5 and 8’. And we haven’t seen fleet Lightning’s.

nicolae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Country flag
The Cybertruck is perfect for a busy contractor going between jobsites. Time is money and if you start every day with a full charge, you're already ahead of the competition.

And since when do "hard-core campers" need a class three truck. Most hard core campers I know drive Toyota Corollas, Subaru wagons, etc. It's the dough boys I see that have huge rolling homes on wheels.

The truck market in N. America is huge and Tesla has hit the sweet spot with the Cybertruck.
Yes boss, you are right; the true campers are backpacking a tent; i was referring at those pulling 3 bedrooms 1&1/2 bathrooms, over 10k lb; and busy contractors with big jobs pulling heavy machineries, i guess going between job sites light u can make it better with a motorcycle.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
22 f150
Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: 11,000 lbs tow rating / 2,500 lbs payload capacity (official specs)! + Shatter-resistant glass 1700594720536

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Fleet data. But thanks for the passive aggressive comment and totally missing the point that a CT is not a drop in replacement for the largest buyers. They left hundreds of thousands of units of fleet sales on the table.

Try convincing a fleet buyer to rebuy all his tools. I can’t move my toolbox or transfer tank or any of the plethora of things fleet people tend to do.

What I mean by my comment, if I’m looking at cyber truck vs lightning for my next purchase of 1,000 trucks. Or to move ICE tools over. Lightning is a drop in replacement. CT means I have to pick and choose who gets what for what purpose. Why would I buy a CT that can only tow? Or has a smaller bed than the ICE counterparts. Lightning may have 5.5 but f150 can be 6.5 and 8’. And we haven’t seen fleet Lightning’s.
Okay, that's fair. Most fleet sales are typically for lower end trucks, I would think, and not flagship trucks. My point was that most trucks that I see here in Nebraska are not used as mobile tool boxes. Nebraska isn't exactly the motor city, of course. The contractors haul some stuff in the bed but most of them pull trailers with equipment loaded. The fleet trucks around here seem to all be larger, F350 sized trucks like the power company uses. Tesla started with the most popular truck segment, the F-150 size. Maybe they'll tackle the fleet sales that are 17% of all truck sales someday (well, 17% of all Ford truck sales, anyway) though I doubt they'll offer discounts to fleets like Ford does.

November Fleet Sales Up Nearly 55% Year Over Year - Cox Automotive Inc. (coxautoinc.com)

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
That's what it's always been. We knew it was unibody from day 1. That doesn't mean it can't be accurately described as exoskeleton.

Sometimes I wonder about the logic displayed here. I mean, since when has a misspelling been anything more than a misspelling?

Oh, yeah, when you're looking for some confirmation bias... :cool:
I'm not looking for confirmation bias at all, it is not an exoskeleton. During the 2019 reveal event they said it would be an exoskeleton where the stainless steel body would actually be structural. I do not believe the stainless steel panels on the current unibody implementation are structural at all. Do you?
Sponsored