Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I haven't heard anything about the solar bed cover.

But I'm really curious about some of the features mentioned by Elon once upon a time that have not been talked about since.

For instance, what happened to the fresh water source?
And we have heard a little more than one thing about the included pressurized air source but we don't know the capacity or if it will just work for stuff like pumping up tires.
And there was the patent for dynamic airing of tires. Is that going to be on the CT?
And of course, the boat-worthiness of the CT. How long does it float? Is it propelled?
etc...

Basically, I have a lot of curiosity but very little hope of hearing anything till the actual launch anouncement or first release. Luckily I'm pretty patient.
You are right … you have very little hope of hearing anything from Tesla till the actual launch :)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If I had a choice I would certainly opt for a solar tonneau

I will be travelling and it will spend its early years outdoors. . I can't pass up my satisfaction of free charging whilst it is just sitting there. :D

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
AIDRGAF what your opinion is about it, TBH.
A rare truth here. But we will not get a solar roof, and we will get a center console, nearly guaranteed. Nothing we say here changes anything, but we could choose to think logically about what will be included. They aren't putting an expensive solar system in for the 1% who might use it, or the sixth seat. They will go for the 90% solutions. Tesla doesn't do "options."

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
A rare truth here. But we will not get a solar roof, and we will get a center console, nearly guaranteed. Nothing we say here changes anything, but we could choose to think logically about what will be included. They aren't putting an expensive solar system in for the 1% who might use it, or the sixth seat. They will go for the 90% solutions. Tesla doesn't do "options."
100% of CT owners would use a solar roof... Every day when they drive. The number of CT owners who care about those 1.5-5KwH of electricity from the sun is probably much lower than that. Elon said it would be available way back when and we haven't heard anything about it since. Personally, I think some kind of clear film solar on the roof would help eliminate any vampiric drain and it would be neat if they made the vault cover solar as well. In my use-case, I probably won't be retracting the vault cover except for the couple dozen times I use the bed each year so I'm not worried about little DC wires breaking.

TLDR: (really, it was pretty short) Anyway, Elon said it would be available so saying we won't get one is a leap in logic just like saying we will get one for sure.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I’m hoping for the rear section of roof to be solar because I want a darkened cabin and having it solar would achieve that goal. The added mileage, however minor, and prevention of parasitic drain is an added bonus.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I love how people pass off any idea which corresponds to their world view as “TRUTH” as if Jesus handed it to them.

The center console is likely, but very possible it’s an option. Particularly since it had a display in the back of it. Solar is unlikely, but also very possible, not that expensive, and literally everyone who owns the truck would benefit from it. Unlike the console.

OB2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Agreed, but for me, having that extra 6th seat was one of those ‘over the top’ options compared to competing EV trucks. But, CT is still leading the pack in my mind.

Dento

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The way it is going it might be reduced to the size of my grandsons battery truck hr drives around the house
Sponsored