PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
As spotted by Joe Tegtmeyer

Image of Cybertruck front hoods (showing they are two-pieces, the front facial panels to complete the face of the Cybertrucks, and a tailgate. This is in the SW testing and training section.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk is made from 2-pieces (first photos) Tesla Cybertruck frunk 2 pieces

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk is made from 2-pieces (first photos) Cybertruck frunk 2 pieces
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Does anyone think there's a deployable ramp built into the tailgate?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk is made from 2-pieces (first photos) 1692816378608

This sort of reminds me of the sub-top cap of the tailgate when it's closed:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk is made from 2-pieces (first photos) 1692816451537

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This just in. The cybertruck isnt one big piece of metal!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm not even sure what that means, based on these photos

i dont see where the photos "show" that

i see two completed hoods on the ground

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
As spotted by Joe Tegtmeyer

Image of Cybertruck front hoods (showing they are two-pieces, the front facial panels to complete the face of the Cybertrucks, and a tailgate. This is in the SW testing and training section.

Tesla Cybertruck frunk 2 pieces.jpeg

Cybertruck frunk 2 pieces.jpeg
In previous photos there are 2 stainless pieces and a stamping, so 3 metal pieces.

Deleted member 12457

Couldn't read the labels on the box to see where these parts were shipped from but it appears these pieces weren't manufactured at the Austin Gigafactory.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Couldn't read the labels on the box to see where these parts were shipped from but it appears these pieces weren't manufactured at the Austin Gigafactory.
that’s almost a certainty

That they’re being uncrated demonstrates they are fabricated offsite

the nature of the crates suggest potentially overseas

None of which would be too confusing if there weren’t meanwhile folks suggesting customer-ready units are being produced

Suppose it’s possible, but seems unlikely, that Tesla intends production hoods to involve overseas parts supply?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
More leaked photos!!! Joe, your drone signal is about to be scrambled😁

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In previous photos there are 2 stainless pieces and a stamping, so 3 metal pieces.
Here is the photo from a couple weeks ago. It shows a stamped part on the underside before the front is attached. Courtesy Joe Tegtmeyer.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk is made from 2-pieces (first photos) IMG_0965

Deleted member 12457

that’s almost a certainty

That they’re being uncrated demonstrates they are fabricated offsite

the nature of the crates suggest potentially overseas

None of which would be too confusing if there weren’t meanwhile folks suggesting customer-ready units are being produced

Suppose it’s possible, but seems unlikely, that Tesla intends production hoods to involve overseas parts supply?
I thought the steel might have been manufactured at the same foundry SpaceX uses. Does SpaceX get its steel from overseas?

I agree that using a crate makes it look like these pieces are coming from a distance. If they were produced locally (on-site or even 50 miles away) they might use the same kind of racks Tesla uses for parts ready to go into the assembly line.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I thought the steel might have been manufactured at the same foundry SpaceX uses. Does SpaceX get its steel from overseas?

I agree that using a crate makes it look like these pieces are coming from a distance. If they were produced locally (on-site or even 50 miles away) they might use the same kind of racks Tesla uses for parts ready to go into the assembly line.
Maybe they were made in Fremont. After all, until recently all of the Cybertrucks were made at Fremont. Just a thought.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Maybe they were made in Fremont. After all, until recently all of the Cybertrucks were made at Fremont. Just a thought.
never say never, but: the nature of those crates strongly suggests overseas cargo prep

If you were controlling transport only from Fremont to GFTX, you could get away with a lot faster/cheaper transport packaging.

that said, regardless of whether these are intended to eventually be made in-house but they aren't there yet, or if instead they are intended to always be produced offsite (domestic or abroad): that they're being received, uncrated, and held in this manner and in this area of GFTX is to me an indication of current production validation status
Sponsored