Country flag

g7bupw9z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
😂 😂 😂 LMFAO!

Wrong parameters were quoted, folks! A Silverado with a 215 kWh battery pack? Well butter my backside and call me a biscuit, that's just pure comedy gold right there!

Can you imagine the sheer size and heft that poor truck would have to be lugging around? It'd be like strapping a pair of lead zeppelins to the chassis! The suspension would be crying uncle before you even made it out of the driveway.

And let's not forget about charging times. With a battery that massively oversized, you'd be plugged in for days on end just to top it up. Might as well pack a sleeping bag and tent, because you're essentially moving into that charging station for a long weekend staycation.

"Hey honey, I'm just popping out for some errands, be back in about 72 hours when this bad boy is juiced up again!"

Meanwhile, the Cybertruck Beast is an absolute unit with its svelte and lightweight 123 kWh battery. Efficient, powerful, and ready to ramble without needing pit stops more frequently than a transcontinental road trip.

Anyone claiming the Silverado has the "best range" must be hitting the battery acid a little too hard, if you know what I mean. Unless by "range" they mean "the range of my strength to heft this lead-lined monstrosity out of the driveway." In which case, kudos for that impressive display!

No thanks, I'll stick with the reasonably-sized power plant that doesn't require cranes and reinforced concrete foundations everywhere I go. Living that 215 kWh "best range" life seems like an awfully cumbersome way to go about things!

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Incorrect to compare to the "Stated" range. The EPA range numbers are for a mix of urban and lower speed highway driving. They are not intended to represent the range the vehicle will achieve with freeway driving.

g7bupw9z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
Incorrect to compare to the "Stated" range. The EPA range numbers are for a mix of urban and lower speed highway driving. They are not intended to represent the range the vehicle will achieve with freeway driving.
Correct... I mean you're right! :)

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
😂 😂 😂 LMFAO!

Wrong parameters were quoted, folks! A Silverado with a 215 kWh battery pack? Well butter my backside and call me a biscuit, that's just pure comedy gold right there!

Can you imagine the sheer size and heft that poor truck would have to be lugging around? It'd be like strapping a pair of lead zeppelins to the chassis! The suspension would be crying uncle before you even made it out of the driveway.

And let's not forget about charging times. With a battery that massively oversized, you'd be plugged in for days on end just to top it up. Might as well pack a sleeping bag and tent, because you're essentially moving into that charging station for a long weekend staycation.

"Hey honey, I'm just popping out for some errands, be back in about 72 hours when this bad boy is juiced up again!"

Meanwhile, the Cybertruck Beast is an absolute unit with its svelte and lightweight 123 kWh battery. Efficient, powerful, and ready to ramble without needing pit stops more frequently than a transcontinental road trip.

Anyone claiming the Silverado has the "best range" must be hitting the battery acid a little too hard, if you know what I mean. Unless by "range" they mean "the range of my strength to heft this lead-lined monstrosity out of the driveway." In which case, kudos for that impressive display!

No thanks, I'll stick with the reasonably-sized power plant that doesn't require cranes and reinforced concrete foundations everywhere I go. Living that 215 kWh "best range" life seems like an awfully cumbersome way to go about things!
Dumb range (giant battery with less efficient truck)

is still range. Plus a bigger battery can mean a better charging curve (i havent looked at the curve for silveraydo but I think hummer ev has a great curve). If you are towing or road tripping the silveraydo may be the best bet because dumb range gets hurt the least when it comes to those things.

In CT, if you take away some efficiency by towing or opening the tonneau or something, the range tanks.

I am excited to see a range test in the all season tires though.j

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, F150, Sorento
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Due to it's size and weight, the EPA does not require rating the Cybertruck.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
😂 😂 😂 LMFAO!

Not if you tow. No one truck is best for every situation.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
No kidding but not too many people worry about range averaging 40 mph (or 29 mph for a recent Cybertruck range test posted) Far more worry about range driving longer distances at highway speed.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
No thanks, I'll stick with the reasonably-sized power plant
Are you new here / from flat land / don't tow / etc ... because for literally years people were wanting a ~500 mile range truck for towing (ie. ~50% of that range) and that is what Tesla stated they were going to have in 2019 (with a full bed). You are missing the point that if people want to haul a trailer for work or pleasure than that is the price of admission. What is "reasonable" distance and size for YOU *definitely* is not what many others have asked for for year around here.

[Rereading this ... my tone could have been a bit nicer. Funny mood I guess that day.]

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Dumb range (giant battery with less efficient truck)

is still range. Plus a bigger battery can mean a better charging curve (i havent looked at the curve for silveraydo but I think hummer ev has a great curve). If you are towing or road tripping the silveraydo may be the best bet because dumb range gets hurt the least when it comes to those things.
In all honesty, I'm one of the biggest advocates for electrifying all transportation that you will find. But, if I had a need to tow large, heavy loads over-the-road, out of the local areas, across multiple states on a regular basis, but not enough to use a semi, I would use a HD gas or diesel pickup. Not because an electric pickup couldn't get the job done, but because they are not yet the correct tool for the job. And that job is very much a niche application for pickups anyway. Most people rarely tow anything, and those who do often only tow locally.

Of course, my entire life I've had a dim view of people towing homes on wheels behind them, wherever they go. If you understand the energy required, it's kind of a ridiculous activity, when you stop and think about it. It's an activity that has been enabled and encouraged by cheap gas and there is no historical counterpart for travelling in this manner, throughout all of human history. But, yeah, if I were to suddenly become dumb, and decide I wanted to bring that much crap with me when I travelled long distances, I would use a diesel or gas HD truck.
Sponsored