Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Silverado work truck is priced at 74,800
Rivian R1t starts at 73,000
F-150 Lightning starts at 51,974.

I don't know what trim you're at, but they indeed DO start cheaper. However, you and I both seem to not be that clientele.

I personally won't touch a Ford to begin with. Just doesn't really... capture me. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ I call it Shitvrolet. and Rivian is a clowny bed.

Your move Tesla, do the thing Elon... We're ALL waiting. ha
Since I reserved a Lightning in May 2021, the dealer has told me several times the $51,974 trim version is kinda of a fantasy. If you don't order a Platinum or Lariat, you won't be getting one for another year. The low price one is rare and is only going to Contractors. It also has the short range battery.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
we ordered and have received 10 Lightning Pros @ $47k with a couple options (max tow, work surface, tailgate step and V2G.
they are getting heavy use and serving us quite well. Only limited by range for towing (110miles is about the max with our trailers). Pushing well beyond rated payload seems to have very little impact on range provided the load doesnā€™t stick up too much in the back
Are you w Solar City?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Since I reserved a Lightning in May 2021, the dealer has told me several times the $51,974 trim version is kinda of a fantasy. If you don't order a Platinum or Lariat, you won't be getting one for another year. The low price one is rare and is only going to Contractors. It also has the short range battery.
Ironically, that's the first one I actually saw on the road! It appeared to be a private owner, but he had a bunch of Amazon labeled swag in the car so IDK ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22ā€™ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I only got through page two of this thread an am already annoyed.

You all seem to think the CT is going to be roughly $70k or even $80k???

You have got to be smoking something reeeaaally good and for those who literally saw him say in the video ā€the world is changedā€ā€¦ in what realm do you twist such a statement and say ā€œwell he didnā€™t say it would increaseā€

what is wrong with you??? Inflation is a thing! No way in heck is it going to be at original price or cheaper. Plus, take the Model S and Model X that are well over 6 figures and now the CT is going to be Quad Motor with ā€œpacked full of technologyā€ Elon said. You are all delusional if you think itā€™ll be under $100k. Even for the dual motor, youā€™re still delusional if you think itā€™s under $75k not only up against other truck brands but everything we know about EVā€™s, charging with V4, and anything else weā€™ve seen so far.

youā€™re all insanely delusional itā€™s hilarious.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
no. Solar city was sold to Tesla ~ 6 years ago. I am not with them either. I own my own business.
Gotcha, I forget who's who but a solar company in PHX just got a dozen or so Lightnings for fleet!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

You have got to be smoking something reeeaaally good and for those who literally saw him say in the video ā€the world is changedā€ā€¦ in what realm do you twist such a statement and say ā€œwell he didnā€™t say it would increaseā€

what is wrong with you??? Inflation is a thing! No way in heck is it going to be at original price or cheaper. Plus, take the Model S and Model X that are well over 6 figures and now the CT is going to be Quad Motor with ā€œpacked full of technologyā€ Elon said. You are all delusional if you think itā€™ll be under $100k. Even for the dual motor, youā€™re still delusional if you think itā€™s under $75k not only up against other truck brands but everything we know about EVā€™s, charging with V4, and anything else weā€™ve seen so far.

That's the world longest guesstimate I've ever seen. "you're all delusional" yet zero numbers.

"retired young"... K.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Gotcha, I forget who's who but a solar company in PHX just got a dozen or so Lightnings for fleet!
likely Titan. Thatā€™s their home market and they do the most work in AZ.
their owner and I used to be pretty tight.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They need to keep the queues manageable. Price is one way to do that. The other is to just make more cars.

This whole thread is depressing. Iā€™m fairly certain Iā€™m priced out of the vehicle at this point.
Then make some noise that a price increase is unacceptable.

If Tesla sells any Cybertruck for $50,000 I will be shocked, ...
Why would you post your willingness to pay more? Do you not know how to negotiate? You don't give up your position before the offer! C'mon.

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag

What is wrong with you??? Please do the math with inflation and the original list price and the specs that have changed that you think are worth driving up the price 50% or more.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Iā€™ll smile pretty big. Assuming you think itā€™s going up a lot?

Sounds like a shorter line.

Of course I donā€™t wanna ā€œwasteā€ moneyā€¦.

Iā€™m assuming it starts mid high 60, instead of just under 40.