Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Did anyone else notice the different sheen on the rear 1/3rd. I think they might still be messing with the bed area.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Perhaps the reflection, but Franz did say they had decided on the finish of the SS, maybe we have yet to see the final look.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
This is my favorite so far. It is not new but was new to me.

That one's pretty good, too. Love seeing the four wheel steering in action. So tired of my turning radius. " Captain to Helm, full left rudder!"

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
This is a very flattering angle for the truck. However the glare confirms for me that I want to put a flat black wrap on mine. I live in south FL with about 300 days of sunshine per year. That glare is going to be brutal for oncoming traffic. Hopefully one of my neighbors will do it first so I can find out if its too hot here for that. Maybe Ill do flat white.
Really, you think that angle is flattering? To me it appears they simply guillotine'd the front of the truck to preserve truck bed length. Net result is a smaller frunk and that decidedly snub nose look.
I have to keep reminding myself, function over form. Maybe a slightly modified version of this is the answer ...
Tesla Cybertruck Latest Cybertruck sighting from Fremont [4/25/23] Cow Catcher

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Really, you think that angle is flattering? To me it appears they simply guillotine'd the front of the truck to preserve truck bed length. Net result is a smaller frunk and that decidedly snub nose look.
I have to keep reminding myself, function over form. Maybe a slightly modified version of this is the answer ...
Cow Catcher.jpg
Did you notice the two mile deep dashboard? I think this thing will have a frunk the size of a mobster Caddy trunk. I think they did it to create aerodynamics, and avoid brick shape.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think Tesla cut the overall length so the Cybertruck fits in the average American 2-car garage.

I like the stubby front end styling.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
To sell in high volumes they need to keep the Cybertruck semi affordable. I think the bean counters overruled.

I predict 2mm for the doors, tailgate and quarter panels. 1mm or less for the fenders, valance and frunk hood to help achieve a ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ crash test rating.

I can already see that the football field length dashboard is going to be a bitch to clean😁
A6917614-298C-4751-9D7E-A0DAD755D51C.jpeg
Cue the accessories industry... The Tesla Cybertruck Dashboard Cleaner...

Tesla Cybertruck Latest Cybertruck sighting from Fremont [4/25/23] 1682619931857

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
Did you notice the two mile deep dashboard? I think this thing will have a frunk the size of a mobster Caddy trunk. I think they did it to create aerodynamics, and avoid brick shape.
I hope that is the tradeoff. Cute dog photo inserted to change the subject. :)
Tesla Cybertruck Latest Cybertruck sighting from Fremont [4/25/23] Ajax W CT