Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
4ws is the biggest improvement since reveal. If all models come with it my guess would be.

RWD $44,900
AWD $57,900
AWD LR $64,900 (PLEASE!!)
CT3 $78,900
Plaid quad $ 104,900

I get the argument that if the forum consensus demands zero escalation maybe we can achieve it. I just don't think it is realistic, especially if we want volume.
*Order the Plaid since it will be built first and flip it when your LR arrives. You should be able to flip the Quad for the same price as you bought it.
Telsa will still be the price and performance leader with all trims by a wide margin.

This is basically 12% increase across the board (7% considering the value of 4ws at $3000) with super high margin on the Plaid. The public will understand that a certain amount of inflation given COVID is expected.

Elon is a genius. His goal of rapid adoption of EV has almost already been achieved without a single production CT. We have the big 3 promising EV trucks and factories are being built. The initial pricing was genius, the attention getting design was genius. He raised the anti and they folded to come back and play another day. Was he bluffing at the initial pricing? I guess we will see.
Sponsored

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
For the nth time: If you plan on carrying anything heavy, those extra motors and torque make sure you can move at normal speeds.

It's just a side-effect of electric motors that it also has crazy fast acceleration while empty.

You can software-limit it, but naturally that's what happens.

It's not like an ICE engine that's limited by the inherent losses in the driver train.

And as pointed out smartly, the fastest helicopter the military has, is also their largest. Why? Because the other numbers in a helicopter are basically equal, so the biggest motors just go fastest. Same for EV trucks. There's no transmission to get in the way, no spin-up and narrow optimal torque curve.

-Crissa

PS, not much inflation has occurred since Tesla's original announcement. Yes, last fall was notable, but that's dragged down by the months of below target inflation the first half of the year and the negative inflation months the year before. Remember, it's an average, not just the highest headline number.
Well said.

Tech is deflationary as well. I'd be shocked if the highest trim is approaching $100K.

My prediction: Cybertruck Plaid with 500+ miles range will be $95K or less.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took a look across all of teslas vehicles and came up with a decent pricing prediction based on what everything else is priced at. Feel free to leave your thoughts but i can see this being the actual final pricing based on what the lineup pricing is currently at. I think it would be fair to say that the cybertruck would be less expensive than the two top dogs S & X but more expensive than the Y & 3.

S PLAID PRICING: $130K
X PLAID PRICING: $126K

Y PERFORMANCE: $64K
3 PERFORMANCE: $59K

CYBERTRUCK PREDICTED PRICING:

CYBERTRUCK PLAID: $90K-$110K
QUAD MOTOR NONE PLAID: $70K- $80K

Would love to hear your thoughts.
You forgot the single motor...

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
My reservation/deposit is for the single motor. No notification YET of that not happening. Keeping my fingers crossed.
You'll be keeping them crossed for a while. People put in for a single motor model Y back on launch and they're still waiting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You'll be keeping them crossed for a while. People put in for a single motor model Y back on launch and they're still waiting.
RWD Model Ys shipped in the US in small quantities January - Feb 2021. I very nearly bought one.

That was prior to the explosion in demand for the Model Y. Weeks after that, they started price increases across their lineup.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
That is the AWD LR. I was referring to the SR which was indeed launched. (Updated the above with a link).

As I said, I almost bought one when I bought my Model Y, the delay as I considered which one to buy cost me $1000 so I remember it quite well.
Tesla Cybertruck Predicted Cybertruck Pricing Screenshot_20220531-223124_Brave

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My reservation/deposit is for the single motor. No notification YET of that not happening. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Until we have a configuration tool we really don’t know what’s going on.

Lots of people are tossing around their pet theories and pretending they know something they don’t.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
good luck.....wish you well......I have fingers crossed for Tri-Motor
Sponsored