Side mirror shaking

Cpt. Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
My driver side mirror is shaking like crazy non stop. It starts at like 25-30 mph and the faster you go the more it shakes obviously. It’s really annoying.

Sponsored

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My driver side mirror is shaking like crazy non stop. It starts at like 25-30 mph and the faster you go the more it shakes obviously. It’s really annoying.

It's probably just a wheel or tire that's out of balance but you could check for a mirror defect by tapping both mirrors with your finger and see if they respond the same.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
I noticed the same issue. Thought it was the bass from the sound system at first.

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, AWD CT
Occupation
President of the Anonymous of the Anonymous Club
Country flag
Since those side mirrors are removable is it possibly some loose hardware on that side?

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have the same problem on my driver's side mirror while the passenger side mirror is stable. It's one of many items on the current list of service items.
I have a service ticket for same. Thankfully no other issues

iceberg5xx

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I have the same problem on my driver's side mirror while the passenger side mirror is stable. It's one of many items on the current list of service items.
+1, something specific about the driver's side makes the mirror less stable (the vibration at speed makes it significantly less useful). I was wondering if it's something caused by airflow over the wiper? Aero dynamics should be similar on both sides of the truck outside of the wiper that has its tribulations at speed.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
a dude
Country flag
+1, something specific about the driver's side makes the mirror less stable (the vibration at speed makes it significantly less useful). I was wondering if it's something caused by airflow over the wiper? Aero dynamics should be similar on both sides of the truck outside of the wiper that has its tribulations at speed.
Maybe? You made a good point with the wiper airflow. My Cybertruck is in service now. Will report back once it is returned.

guyinnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have the same issue. Just got it back from service two days ago and they replaced the mirror assembly.

It’s slightly better but the glass still shakes/dances especially at higher speeds

Still not as stable as the passenger side.

Happens with or without music on so I don’t believe it’s vibration from the speakers.
IMG_9614.jpeg

Mattkalin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F350 Superduty , 2023 Model Y AWD
Country flag
I took delivery yesterday and on the way home noticed this immediately and was annoyed.. Hopefully there’s a solution but I think you may be onto something regarding AERO and the wiper. On a side topic does your wiper are move in the wind at highway speeds? This also was annoying me.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I took delivery yesterday and on the way home noticed this immediately and was annoyed.. Hopefully there’s a solution but I think you may be onto something regarding AERO and the wiper. On a side topic does your wiper are move in the wind at highway speeds? This also was annoying me.
The owners manual specifically says the wiper will change its stowed position at highway speeds to reduce aerodynamic drag. It’s a feature, not a bug.

RoboTaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
Mine only shakes from the sound system and I have the bass at -1
Sponsored