First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
That was ridiculous! I mean the truck, not the video. Well maybe the video too... Crazy it could make it through that last one actually. Impressive. Wonder if the buttons will dry out and work in a couple of days...
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Buttons seem to be the only issue here.

Everything else could have been avoided by going at lower speeds, definitely important while traveling through high water with any vehicles.

Plenty of people each year have vehicle damage from driving quickly through a semi deep puddle.

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Wade Mode Test! Shows How Deep Cybertruck Can Drive in Water 😱 1708470234099

This just cemented this vehicle as the ultimate apocalypsemobile. I don't really have any intention of having to use this feature but it is fantastic to know that if it comes down to it, it can be done.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That BAW worked just fine to me, even without Rain-X wiper fluid. Reports of a center blurred streak or band must've been staged FUD or highly exaggerated.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
The first three wade tests and I was yawning but that last one seemed legit deep. Sealing the back side of those switches seems like not a heavy lift and clearly it’s just the switch as the app still worked. Pretty sweet. If I had been the guy standing in the water filming I’d be yelling at the driver to turn the wiper on faster than the slowest possible speed. Good thing he didn’t hit the poor camera guy driving with zero visibility.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Anyone else have heart palpitations and sweaty hands watching this?
If it were a flood and I had no choice but to take my CT through that sure, buuuuuuut to take it out and "see how well wade mode works" on a week old$120k truck..........not for me.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
That BAW worked just fine to me, even without Rain-X wiper fluid. Reports of a center blurred streak or ban must've been staged FUD or highly exaggerated.

- ÆCIII
The first time i have seen this acronym, and somehow I knew exactly what it meant.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Water is heavy. It will rip parts right off a vehicle driving thru at speed. Even lower speeds will scoop pounds of water into any opening. Would t do this unless I had no choice… but nice to know it works, if needed.
the wake is making it appear deeper than it is

Wheel bearings love to absorb water if they are warmed up before crossing.

Is there no manual override for the tailgate Or tonneau? Seems like an oversight all of a sudden
Tesla Cybertruck Wade Mode Test! Shows How Deep Cybertruck Can Drive in Water 😱 wMDZG4u

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
Wow! I wondered if the drive units are also sealed, but since they still worked they must be! Let’s see how the wheel bearings hold up to water intrusion. I would be awfully curious after that excursion.

truck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X 2017 100D LR/S 2015 P85D/Cyberbeast
Country flag
TechRax has been doing things like this for years, I don't know how he gets all this money?
Sponsored