Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Forgot to mention that the article also said the 4680 battery has been in use for months????
The Roadrunner project has been going on about a year, so when they say the 4680 is in vehicles they mean test vehicles (almost certainly).

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
So I have read the full thread and wondering if the tire inflation hose from air suspension compressor will be standard or an option...

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
So I have read the full thread and wondering if the tire inflation hose from air suspension compressor will be standard or an option...
I think the house quick connect will be standard, The hose will probably be up to the individual. But who really knows at this point.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I doubt it. There are too many things you might connect to it so these will probably be left to the individual. An extension hose and quick disconnect aren’t expensive.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
can we get a mars edition, maybe some mars orange accents to the interior
Is this going to be like the GM Hummer’s moon accents but better cause it’s Mars?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Hopefully we get an update on Cybertruck's details next week
Predictions:

-Within weeks of the first deliveries there will be so many reports and offers about modifications (here, YouTube, elsewhere), that we won't be able to keep track.

-The first CTs will be basic and standardized to maximize production. After a year or so, as production approaches demand, more variants will be offered.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Predictions:

-Within weeks of the first deliveries there will be so many reports and offers about modifications (here, YouTube, elsewhere), that we won't be able to keep track.

-The first CTs will be basic and standardized to maximize production. After a year or so, as production approaches demand, more variants will be offered.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Let me revise my prediction about what will be included.

The standard car-selling plan is to advertise a low price, let the buyer haggle over it, and then pile on as many add-ons (some attractive, many fake) as they can get away with. The Tesla plan is, "You pay the price we set, and you take it the way it comes out (which will be just about the same as the others").

I predict Tesla will increasingly borrow from its competitors (except for the haggling bit), by adding creative extras (delivery fee, credit-check fee, documentation fee, orientation fee -- and -- accessories galore). And the new assembly line will be jigged so that, after you've paid in full, your vehicle will come out with a unique selection of options -- without slowing the line.

When you decide to walk away from a dealership and the salesperson says, "I have somebody else who wants it," you can be pretty sure it will still be on the lot next week. But if you turn down your CT because of the add-ons, you know there's eager buyers waiting behind you.

Not complaining, just reasoning that the purpose of the CT is to make money for Tesla, and the competitors' sales model of "pad the bill with extras" will be too profitable to ignore.