Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
But not this far in advance of preorders being converted to deliveries. I certainly don't want a CT until the production betas undergo a several m months of testing. I delayed my first preorder deposit 10 minutes because I want it to be at least 6 months after the first production beta comes out.
What's your overall number?
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
No, because in both cases the wiper is moving in a circular motion and reaches the far corner of the windshield. The arcs will be almost identical, and the Gigawiper will not suddenly reduce its reach as in your picture. Further, the flat nature of the CT windshield and the way it sits ON the a pillar and not into it as in your model X, means the wiper can actually extend beyond the pillar line and clear more of the windshield.
Neither of those comments makes sense. The passenger X wiper extends farther up and radius is from center of windshield as shown in my picture.

Crud quick example:
Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! o6TioqW

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
@cvalue13 time for a wiper swipe analysis plz and thx. I figure with your boxes and some other images to reference we can squash the wiper range

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Neither of those comments makes sense. The passenger X wiper extends farther up and radius is from center of windshield as shown in my picture.

Crud quick example:
o6TioqW.jpg
The do. Your circles don't make sense for a windshield. The arcs don't match what is happening. Then centers are not at the base of the glass.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The do. Your circles don't make sense for a windshield. The arcs don't match what is happening. Then centers are not at the base of the glass.
base of the glass. I do see it is not perfectly centered tho.
Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! b2sUzrb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Question:
When will we get more information about the Cybertruck orders, estimated delivery schedules, pricing, and specifications?

Answer:
Demand is so far off the hook, you cannot even see the hook. So that's really not an issue. I do want to emphasize that the Cybertruck has a lot of new technology in it. Like a LOT. It doesn't look like any other vehicle because it is not like any other vehicle. And the production ramp will move as fast as the slowest and least likely element of the entire supply chain and internal production. So I wouldn't expect it... I hope it's smooth. We are certainly better at production ramps. We've got a lot of experience with production ramps. The first order approximation is that there are 10,000 unique parts and processes in the Cybertruck. And it will go as fast as the least lucky, least well executed element of the 10,000. Always very difficult to predict the ramp initially. But I think we will be making them in high volume next year. And we will be delivering the car this year.

Yup, that’s what he said, and it is logical, but I don’t know what to make of it. Mine wasn’t going to be available before mid-2024, anyway, but I was still hoping for that.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
An alternative view might be that the mud is really skillful at covering various materials. If it was night, you might not be able to even see the headlights. I'm certain that all but the main center camera are so covered up as to be essentially useless. What happens to 360-degree view in this scenario?
Like before when off-roading you are now dependent on the receptors the almighty gave you at birth :)

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I’m looking at the mud picture, I hope they figure out the wiper issue. However I like that color , I’ll shall paint mine the very same day I pick mine up.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There are several things that will make or break this truck and for some price is at the top of the list. For some it is the 3 mm stainless. For some it is the range. And so on. As far as price is concerned I suspect it would depend on the price a lot. Tesla is able to be flexible.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
@cvalue13 time for a wiper swipe analysis plz and thx. I figure with your boxes and some other images to reference we can squash the wiper range
The BAW likely clears more windshield than any other truck. The real question is can the outer radius apply enough pressure for mud

Otherwise people lose sight of the fact that:

(1) unlike other trucks, the CT windshield extends up to overhead the front passengers

(2) the upper 12” of the windshield glass isn’t actually visible windshield due to the visors etc

Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! 652CC018-0EBF-430B-A9EE-5E0666524A83

Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! BDB8D7F2-1874-4E01-B7A5-66F8FD1574A4

Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! 8A768E2E-4B89-4DC9-B8B8-3B1894594AB0

Tesla Cybertruck 📣 News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! 0E748154-E661-4030-ACA4-491498CDF382

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
Tooling phase…. So that whole group photo thing claiming to the the first one from production was smoke and mirrors. It in testing and tooling. I’m glad they are testing, but damn man..4 damn years minus a few because of the Covid crap. I’m disappointed.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Exactly. The new MSRP is going to determine the success or failure of the Cybertruck.
Sponsored