Bar Keepers Friend changed my Cybertruck's finish!

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Sounds good...

I'm not using BKF or windex and it seems like the Stainless is getting better as it self passivates. Don't really have much trouble with fingerprints now. I have used Method glass cleaner (which doesn't contain ammonia) and it seemed to initially work pretty well. But probably should be used diluted. I am still planning to passivate with Citrisurf over the weekend, so will let you all know if it's worth the trouble...
How long have you had your truck? And if you’ve had it for more than a month, could you post a few pictures of the exterior doors?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Derektsla

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model X
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Original post edited with new information. It seems BKF didn’t change things as much as I thought. I think the panels were different from the beginning and was more noticeable after one was done. They are much closer, but still slightly different after doing both.

OP
OP
Derektsla

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model X
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Do they now match better than this pic?

1712511114810-ft.jpg
Yes. Updated pic below. The sheen is still a bit different, but it’s not very noticeable. It’s more noticeable in the picture below than it is in real life.
Tesla Cybertruck Bar Keepers Friend changed my Cybertruck's finish! IMG_7965

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I can see a difference. The front passenger color is significantly lighter now.

Tesla Cybertruck Bar Keepers Friend changed my Cybertruck's finish! 1712511801577-eh

Tesla Cybertruck Bar Keepers Friend changed my Cybertruck's finish! 1712511740383-o6

OP
OP
Derektsla

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model X
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I can see a difference. The front passenger color is significantly lighter now.

1712511801577-eh.jpg

1712511740383-o6.jpg
Sorry, responding quick in between house work. To clarify. I think the panels came from the factory with a different sheen. When I did just one, it was very noticeable. Now that I have done both, it’s hardly noticeable at all. In the second picture, I can still see a difference, but in real life it’s very hard to tell. I hope that explains it better.

Cyber_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We also make a product called Everbrite (our namesake coating) it has strong UV blockers, anti-oxidants and corrosion inhibitors. It works well on painted metals and hard plastics.

All of our coatings are stable to 550 degrees and gas off around 600, so perfectly fine to use on BBQ exteriors.
EverBrite sounds like an opportunity for a Cybertruck kit "plus/premium" option, to cover the hard plastics on the exterior. Or is it ok to use ProtectaClear on those too?

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
EverBrite sounds like an opportunity for a Cybertruck kit "plus/premium" option, to cover the hard plastics on the exterior. Or is it ok to use ProtectaClear on those too?
I would just add an Everbrite pint to your Cybertruck Specialty Kit. The ProtectaClear doesn’t have the UV blockers that are needed to protect the color of the plastic while Everbrite does.

michaelahess

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MY LR
Country flag
Ceramic coatings on plastic, best protection for long term that I've found.

Moter3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 ram 20 ex350
Occupation
Diagnostic tech
Country flag
This is what should be used and not the barkeepers stuff

Tesla Cybertruck Bar Keepers Friend changed my Cybertruck's finish! IMG_8064

Technigogo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sure thing here is the link to Everbrite which is what you would need for the hard plastic on the CT. It has strong UV blockers, antioxidants and corrosion protection to protect painted metals and other hard surfaces from fading, oxidizing and corrosion.
The Everbrite product page only lists metal; no plastics. Will you reassure me that this is safe for plastic trim on the Cybertruck?

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
You can use ProtectaClear, it won't hurt the plastics, but it does not have the UV Blockers that Everbrite has. Bare metals don't need UV protection like painted or other colored surfaces. That is one of the main differences between the coatings.