Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Iā€™m pretty sure the $3,750 discount is specifically to discourage people from delaying purchases until after the new year. I donā€™t think they will raise prices due to the incentive, right now wait Lists are pretty Short on a lot of models. I think they are finally approaching supply demand equilibrium. The incentives probably give them some breathing room and allow them to keep these inflated prices longer.
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
Or they (me) need a truck for when we need a truck and don't want to waste money & planetary resources purchasing a second vehicle. I can buy a lot of gas for the purchase cost and insurance of a second daily driver vehicle that would still cost me something to drive (electric or gas).
Yes my truck gets crap milage, but no additional energy was used or resources depleted just to have second car.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

I said steel price but lithium price is still ridiculous. They will not reduce price unless the wait is under control, we all know that.

MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
This whole thread is depressing. Iā€™m fairly certain Iā€™m priced out of the vehicle at this point.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Yes, we've heard the expected price is around $50k for the dual, and 70k for the kitted out version.

That's literally all we've been told. That and "if it's hard for Tesla to keep costs down, it'll be impossible for their competitors to do so." A statement which has been borne out.

-Crissa
If Tesla sells any Cybertruck for $50,000 I will be shocked, amazed and probably having a dream.

I reserved the Tri-Motor, projected in 2019 to cost $69,000. I would okay paying $89,000 for a Tri-Motor now.

The Rivian, Ford Lightning, Chevy Silverado are all over $80,000....with some trims pushing well into the $90Ks.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I'll stick by my assertion of $100k+ for the quad. Optimistically, I'm still 18 months from delivery and 6-figure trucks are, sadly, becoming more commonplace.
Sounds on par to me for this Quad/Plaid trim. Would love to be wrong though šŸ¤ž

It's using a combination of the Semi/Plaid powertrain so yeah, $100-120k I'm betting on the base, pre options/packages price. It won't have some of the luxury options and finishes found in the S Plaid so save a bit there, but then add the newer hardware, body, fancy air suspension and an extra motor..... $$$

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I poured coffee this morning and the froth image settled at $65k for the dual motor. I base a lot of my outlook on life on the image that appears in my coffee froth. I haven't been keeping track of its accuracy though.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The Rivian, Ford Lightning, Chevy Silverado are all over $80,000....with some trims pushing well into the $90Ks.
There are trims of each of those models well under 80k.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
There are trims of each of those models well under 80k.
I will take one!

My Ford Lightning reservation price has gone up twice in the last 4-5 months and now is $88,000.
And here I thought I would get one of those teaser prices that they advertised. Dummy I am.

My Rivian reservation is $80,000.

My Chevy Silverado reservation is $90,000

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I will take one!

My Ford Lightning reservation price has gone up twice in the last 4-5 months and now is $88,000.
And here I thought I would get one of those teaser prices that they advertised. Dummy I am.

My Rivian reservation is $80,000.

My Chevy Silverado reservation is $90,000
Silverado work truck is priced at 74,800
Rivian R1t starts at 73,000
F-150 Lightning starts at 51,974.

I don't know what trim you're at, but they indeed DO start cheaper. However, you and I both seem to not be that clientele.

I personally won't touch a Ford to begin with. Just doesn't really... capture me. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ I call it Shitvrolet. and Rivian is a clowny bed.

Your move Tesla, do the thing Elon... We're ALL waiting. ha

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Silverado work truck is priced at 74,800
Rivian R1t starts at 73,000
F-150 Lightning starts at 51,974.

I don't know what trim you're at, but they indeed DO start cheaper. However, you and I both seem to not be that clientele.

I personally won't touch a Ford to begin with. Just doesn't really... capture me. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ I call it Shitvrolet. and Rivian is a clowny bed.

Your move Tesla, do the thing Elon... We're ALL waiting. ha
we ordered and have received 10 Lightning Pros @ $47k with a couple options (max tow, work surface, tailgate step and V2G.
they are getting heavy use and serving us quite well. Only limited by range for towing (110miles is about the max with our trailers). Pushing well beyond rated payload seems to have very little impact on range provided the load doesnā€™t stick up too much in the back
Sponsored