scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I sure HAD hoped the CyberTruck would have an instrument cluster (aka drivers display). I love having it in my X.

If they really don't then I hope this company (tma plus) makes one. Problem is they won't have access to a CyberTruck AFAIK (they don't support FSD because of that currently). It is the most complete one I've seen and I've looked at quite a few (my son wanted one for his TM3).

$338 with a front bumper camera!
https://tma.plus/products/6-86-steering-wheel-display-screen-for-tesla-model-3-y

This guy does a really impressive job of looking as several company options and showing the install. I watch his videos at x1.75 and they are perfectly understandable IMO.

sgVccWR.jpg

b0FMcyL.jpg

7Jejdpi.jpg

PsgpU1f.jpg

Start of display options but excellent table of context links in desc.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I sure HAD hoped the CyberTruck would have an instrument cluster (aka drivers display).
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

Watch almost anyone get into someone elses car that is a different height and one of the first things they usually do is adjust the steering wheel so they can see the instrument cluster through it. But, as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees, it blocks the display anyway. Just dumb.

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
First

and wow!

crazy how that middle jumpseat appears so narrow /s

the CT is narrow of interior
Yeah it seems like this is a midsize truck interior. This is gonna be more like a 4 adults and 1 tiny child.
Sadly its not gonna be fleetable for me
I still want one for myself but I gotta he honest im less excited about it after seeing this

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
First

and wow!

crazy how that middle jumpseat appears so narrow /s

the CT is narrow of interior
Photo is a wide angle lens, so it's distorted and everything looks narrower than it should. Could still have a 6-seat option if they want.

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

Watch almost anyone get into someone elses car that is a different height and one of the first things they usually do is adjust the steering wheel so they can see the instrument cluster through it. But, as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees, it blocks the display anyway. Just dumb.

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.

Agreed... But I wouldn't mind a heads up display (not that I think it'll happen)

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
Photo is a wide angle lens, so it's distorted and everything looks narrower than it should. Could still have a 6-seat option if they want.
I thought it was already confirmed to have lost the 6 seat option due to slightly smaller dimensions?