Hi_im_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3
Country flag
Before I get hated on let me explain, I’ve had lowered cars since I started driving (98 integra, 02 accord coupe, 07 Acura TL, 15 Mazda 3, 21 Tesla model 3)
I’m getting a cybertruck because now that I had a family with 2 kids (3 & 7)
We are more adventurous and family vacations using the model 3 has been okay thus that but we cannot do many things like biking or scootering around due to no space in the trunk.
I’m getting a cybertruck so I can have it all.
I’m wondering if I can lower a cybertruck possibly by 3”
If I read correctly the cybertruck is 9” off the ground and can be raised by an extra 8”.
I’m used to driving 3” off the ground and even lowering it by 3” I’ll be around 6”. That’s totally fine with me. I just prefer the look of a lowered car over a high one.
Can anyone help me picture what it would look like 3” lower? Tyia.
Sponsored

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
If I read correctly the cybertruck is 9” off the ground and can be raised by an extra 8”.

Well first off, there is nothing official about ride height or total suspension travel. The website says the suspension goes "plus or minus 4 inches". So if you want it 3" lower than standard, you don't have to do a thing, but press a button. If you want 3" below the 4" below, no one has seen on in real life close enough to explain the suspension. With the air suspension that is likely to be on it, I'm not sure you want to tackle that job on a vehicle in this category. Maybe you do, I don't.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
anything is possible, depending on how good you are at fabrication and how willing you are to tear down your CT

but you’ll be tearing down and fabricating

and given the number of sensors and cameras, you may have to be willing to not have various vehicle functions work anymore

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
PS: don’t bet on the CT’s ride height being manually adjustable in any conditions

you won’t be able to just set the height wherever you want, at any time/speed

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
If you want 3" below the 4" below ……
with that wheelbase, if he forgets and leave it on the new low, for each speed bump he may need to put money aside for a new battery pack.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
16" max height , 8" play. 8" off the ground.

Change to smaller radius tires if you want lower.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No mass-market car or truck has given the owner more control over the ride height at the push of a button than the Cybertruck.

You can raise and lower it up to 8" at will and you want to go even lower? Now that's funny! Some people pay a lot of money and put up with driveline angles outside their design parameters and sub-optimal alignment specs just to ride at a different height. Cybertruck gives you the adjustment at the touch of a button, without all the downsides, but it's not good enough for you (even though you don't really know for sure just how low it will go)?

O.K. Bub, I hope your family doesn't have to stretch too high to get into Cybertruck at it's lowest suspension setting, LOL!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No mass-market car or truck has given the owner more control over the ride height at the push of a button than the Cybertruck.
you have zero idea the functionality of the CT's ride height control

there is nearly ZERO chance the CT will allow unfettered ride height control at owner's discretion

there are many, fundamental, reasons why no other variable ride height vehicle allows that, OEM - all equally applicable to the CT

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Before I get hated on let me explain, I’ve had lowered cars since I started driving (98 integra, 02 accord coupe, 07 Acura TL, 15 Mazda 3, 21 Tesla model 3)
We are more adventurous and family vacations using the model 3 has been okay thus that but we cannot do many things like biking or scootering around due to no space in the trunk.
I’m used to driving 3” off the ground and even lowering it by 3” I’ll be around 6”. That’s totally fine with me. I just prefer the look of a lowered car over a high one.
Hi Mike, Vancouver is a beautiful place. There's so many fun things to do, a Cybertruck would be fantastic to haul your family and all the gear. I play around with graphics, and several years ago I took Tesla's photo of the Cybertruck and lowered the body. To me it looks awesome lowered. I would love to be able to lower it to this height for entry/exit, and leave it in my driveway just like this. It's amazing how much wider it looks just by cutting and pasting the body closer to the tires!

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Tesla Cybertruck Lowering a cybertruck frontlowered

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
During the unveiling Elon said that the minimum ground clearance would be 8" (minimum height of 75") with a nominal clearance of 12" with adjustable suspension of plus or minus 4", so a maximum of 16". He has said a few times since then that the suspension range might allow for a larger ground clearance but I have never heard him say anything about a lower ground clearance, but the minimum 'published' is 8" not 9". You might be able to lower it further by changing the wheels, but it is doubtful that you will be able to do it with the stock suspension (and anything else would mess with the software and probably be very expensive).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

there is nearly ZERO chance the CT will allow unfettered ride height control at owner's discretion

there are many, fundamental, reasons why no other variable ride height vehicle allows that, OEM - all equally applicable to the CT
Although you 'may' be correct there is a big difference between 'possibly' being correct and the "ZERO chance" that you say. Elon has said during the unveiling that the Cybertruck will have an unprecedented ability to adapt dynamically to road conditions, load conditions, etc. The Model S/X already have geofence ride height adaptation. So 'unfettered' does seem unlikely (and unsafe) but I just find that saying "ZERO chance" is going too far.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Although you 'may' be correct there is a big difference between 'possibly' being correct and the "ZERO chance" that you say. Elon has said during the unveiling that the Cybertruck will have an unprecedented ability to adapt dynamically to road conditions, load conditions, etc. The Model S/X already have geofence ride height adaptation. So 'unfettered' does seem unlikely (and unsafe) but I just find that saying "ZERO chance" is going too far.

What about what he actually said? " nearly ZERO"

Sponsored