Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have a sneaking suspicion that inside the factory there's already a fair amout of people already manufacturing the parts necessary for the CT except for the things that depend on the gigapress. From what I understand the assemply line is modular meaning at a moments notice they can be moved from one location to a better one on short order. Why wouldn't they have already set up assembly lines for seats, wheel hubs assembled with motors, assembled dashes, piles of tonneau assemblies, etc... and piled them up at the ready? They made Model Y bodies prior to Austin being ready, so it would follow.

The optimist in me says that when the 8k gigapress is assembled, calibrated and operational CTs are going to drop QUICKLY.
At the moment they have a couple of extra square feet, like a giant broom closet where they can stash excavators, 747s, or even experimental production lines.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
At the moment they have a couple of extra square feet, like a giant broom closet where they can stash excavators, 747s, or even experimental production lines.
I have a sneaking suspicion that inside the factory there's already a fair amout of people already manufacturing the parts necessary for the CT except for the things that depend on the gigapress. From what I understand the assembly line is modular meaning at a moments notice they can be moved from one location to a better one on short order. Why wouldn't they have already set up assembly lines for seats, wheel hubs assembled with motors, assembled dashes, piles of tonneau assemblies, etc... and piled them up at the ready? They made Model Y bodies prior to Austin being ready, so it would follow.

The optimist in me says that when the 8k gigapress is assembled, calibrated and operational CTs are going to drop QUICKLY.
I love the optimism and will be running with this for the weekend for sure. Tesla has been through the learning curve and can do things better than anyone else.

Cheers

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I love the optimism and will be running with this for the weekend for sure. Tesla has been through the learning curve and can do things better than anyone else.

Cheers
Much of this process can and should be done in parallel. Much of the 4680 assembly line development happened in Fremont while they were building Austin.

What is the point of having a circus tent if you have no elephants?

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I,m guessing the “roadmap” will be a sequence of things that have to happen before we see our cybertrucks. I don’t think it will have time associated with it. one of the requirements was the high energy chemistry 4680 which I doubt they have achieved yet. We may see short range test models but before trucks can be delivered with the promised ranges they need the higher energy battery’s.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I,m guessing the “roadmap” will be a sequence of things that have to happen before we see our cybertrucks. I don’t think it will have time associated with it. one of the requirements was the high energy chemistry 4680 which I doubt they have achieved yet. We may see short range test models but before trucks can be delivered with the promised ranges they need the higher energy battery’s.
I’m pretty sure it’ll be simpler than that. Just dates of when things would be available.

I suspect like a calendar of events for launches, start of shipping, hitting volume production, openings, etc. They have way too many balls in the air to give full a full Gantt on each.

The 4680 cell factory.

Cybertruck, Semi, Roadster, The Tesla “Model 2 isn’t S3XY”

The bigger than Megapack Megapack

GigaBerlin, GigaAustin, The search for GigaNext

Not all of these are products for us, many are the machine that builds the machine but I think still part of the roadmap. Maybe that’s what you were thinking anyhow.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m pretty sure it’ll be simpler than that. Just dates of when things would be available.

I suspect like a calendar of events for launches, start of shipping, hitting volume production, openings, etc. They have way too many balls in the air to give full a full Gantt on each.

The 4680 cell factory.

Cybertruck, Semi, Roadster, The Tesla “Model 2 isn’t S3XY”

The bigger than Megapack Megapack

GigaBerlin, GigaAustin, The search for GigaNext

Not all of these are products for us, many are the machine that builds the machine but I think still part of the roadmap. Maybe that’s what you were thinking anyhow.
The biggest area’s of concern to me are the high energy 4680 and Idra’s development of the 8 ton gigapress

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The biggest area’s of concern to me are the high energy 4680 and Idra’s development of the 8 ton gigapress
We are likely to get details on the 4680, almost certain. We’ve gotten details on the prior 2 calls so that’s not a stretch.

The Gigapress I suspect they will be quieter about. They don’t seem to talk about that on their calls.

Double Dare Fan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul
Occupation
etsy.com/PlatonicWoodWorks
Country flag
Read the title and started thinking, if this all happened a dozen years ago, many folks by now will probably be asking "Will the CT's computer come preloaded with Duke Nukem Forever?". because it sure seems like it.
I agree with Dusty and his optimism.

Last edited:

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Tesla delays initial production of Cybertruck to early 2023 -source

Source: https://www.reuters.com/technology/...tion-cybertruck-early-2023-source-2022-01-13/

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 13, 2022 6:54 PM EST (Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) aims to start initial production of its much-anticipated Cybertruck by the end of the first quarter of 2023, pushing back its plan to begin production late this year, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

The person said the delay comes as Tesla is changing features and functions of the electric pickup to make a compelling product as competition heats up in the segment.

Tesla is expected to make limited production of the Cybertruck in the first quarter of 2023 before increasing output, the source said.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tesla, the world's top electric car maker, makes electric sedans and sport utility vehicles but has missed out on the pickup truck segment, which is profitable and hugely popular in America.

Ford Motor Co (F.N) and Rivian Automotive (RIVN.O) are ahead of Tesla in launching electric pickups.

Ford said early this month it will nearly double annual production capacity for its red-hot F-150 Lightning electric pickup to 150,000 vehicles ahead of its arrival this spring at U.S. dealers.

Ford's market value breached $100 billion for the first time on Thursday when Tesla shares fell 6.7% and Rivian slumped 7.1%. read more

CEO Elon Musk, who unveiled the futuristic vehicle in 2019, had already delayed its production from late 2021 to late 2022.

Musk has said he will provide an updated product road map on Tesla's Jan. 26 earnings call.

"Oh man, this year has been such a supply chain nightmare & it's not over!," he tweeted in late November, when asked about the Cybertruck.

Tesla recently removed a reference to its production schedule from its Cybertruck order website. Last month, the website said, "You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in 2022." Now "in 2022" has been omitted.

Tesla plans to produce the Cybertruck at its factory in Texas, which is expected to start production of Model Y cars early this year.
Reuters… iffy info. They called some fake stuff before and crashed stocks for the day for no reason. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get hit with a law suit

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Much of this process can and should be done in parallel. Much of the 4680 assembly line development happened in Fremont while they were building Austin.

What is the point of having a circus tent if you have no elephants?
but they probably have a bunch of donkeys and monkeys

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The upside for me if production of mine is delayed until 2024:
The new tractor will be paid for.
The new diesel pig will be half paid for.
I'll own more shares of Tesla.
The downside:
I may have to pay more for it.
My little Nissan van will be worn out but I'll keep it on life support if possible.
No CT to lord it over the coal rollers.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Excuse me..... Ford is ahead of Tesla? in what delusion? Meth or fentanyl?
EXACTLY! Like if they said Rivian is ahead of Tesla on the EV pickup race then I’d certainly agree only because Rivian is the first one out of the bunch to deliver a product even if it’s just a dozen…but they’re out in the wild now.
Sponsored