TacoTuesday

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
Personally, it’s looking more like the R1T is the better truck for adventure/lifestyle purposes
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
As far as range goes, it's pretty impressive and probably beats most gas trucks too. The problem is this: The generator can also increase the power to the motor and gearbox when serious power is needed. If I'm towing something closer to the limits, won't it mean that the generator will likely need to always be on?
I think you are confusing this with how a series hybrid works. 92 kWh would be plenty of energy to drive those motors in battery-only towing (until some cutoff of something like 10-20% SOC).

My 2017 Model X has 193 kilowatts (259 horsepower) motor in the front and rear.
I tow easily as have many others ... campers, horse trailers, etc.

The RamCharger has more powerful motors:
250 kilowatts (335 horsepower) and the rear one adds an extra 238 kW (319 hp)

Last edited:

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
Pretty disappointed with the 72.8” bed length..........
Rick
I guess it was necessary in order to fit in std. garage. I'd be satisfied if the rear gate folded down and a retaining lip flipped up so it could securely carry a full sheet of plywood, like the Silverado.

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis let_Silverado_Multi_Flex_Tailgate_10.5f7250fb33fd7

Last edited:

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
100%.

I very very very strongly believe the info shown today is accurate
I 100% believe you're convinced it's true :)
In a digital world, why would they need to update service manuals with these specs included? The manuals could be updated within a few minutes. As much as these specs seem realistic, I wonder if 100% of them are real. The best disinformation is mixed in with real information. Mix in some towing, max tongue weight and frunk weight capacity at 420 with the real dimensions. lol

Thank you to the leaker as it has fired up the forum.

4Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Chevy 10.2 kW & Ford 9.6 kW -- "The Silverado EV offers up to 10.2 kilowatts of energy, a skosh more than the Ford's 9.6 kilowatts."
Some nuance, the Ford ProPower is divided between three inverters, a pair of 3.6kW per phase that adds up to the L14-30r 220-240@30Amps is 7.2kW from the bed. and then a 2.4kW inverter that services the cab and frunk.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, I'm on page 2/19 thus far. I have used the Lightning ProPower to charge three other BEVs at a car show, it's one of my favorite features. If the CyberTruck is truly a 14-50r with 12kW that will be awesome, only wish the plug and socket were a twist lock type to prevent accidental unplugging under load which would be "exciting" and undesirable.

4Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Maybe the 120v outlets are 2kw each?
Yes, the 120v outlets are the 20amp version versus the more normal 15amp outlets. The extra cross hatch pin gives it away. As such, 120v*20a is 2.4kW (2kW if you round downn) per each of those outlets. They are very likely each on a different phase which when combined yields the 240vac plug. This is how the Ford ProPower works, the bed has a single L14-30r 240vac outlet and a pair of 120vac 20a plugs on each of those two 240vac phases, four total 120vac outlets.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
I loved that meme of the Rivian and Cybertruck - Get in if you want live
[edit]
knew I'd find it if I hunted for it

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Some nuance, the Ford ProPower is divided between three inverters, a pair of 3.6kW per phase that adds up to the L14-30r 220-240@30Amps is 7.2kW from the bed. and then a 2.4kW inverter that services the cab and frunk.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, I'm on page 2/19 thus far. I have used the Lightning ProPower to charge three other BEVs at a car show, it's one of my favorite features. If the CyberTruck is truly a 14-50r with 12kW that will be awesome, only wish the plug and socket were a twist lock type to prevent accidental unplugging under load which would be "exciting" and undesirable.
No worries. Normally I use this better distinguishing quote from a good article I found some time ago:
"Configured with the top-tier Pro Power Onboard system, the F-150 Lightning can deliver up to 9.6 kilowatts. One circuit serves the sockets in the cabin and the frunk, good for 2.4 kW. Meanwhile, twin inverters in the rear bed deliver 3.6 kW each, and can be ganged up to a single 240V outlet to act as a single 7.2 kW supply if so desired."​
Sponsored